+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What happened to Screen passes???

Varsity Bulldog Rossp917 is an unknown
    Ok...it seems that whatever offensive scheme (pun intended) we choose for a night, we stick with it throughout the game. It seemed for the games after OSU we stuck with a screen pass mentality. This game we avoided it...I'm not understanding.

Unfortunately, (or perhaps fortunately) I was unable to make the game this week, but I did get to listen to it.

From what I've seen in the past, I think that we need to work out of the pro or I forms. As things stand, if we line up out of the gun, it's a pass, if Luke is under center it's a run. Very VERY predictable. In most cases I can figure out the play from our setup, and I'm not the best at reading schemes, so I'm sure other teams are doing just as well.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    We are so inept at strategy and play calling that it wouldn't be all that surprising to find out that the other teams' coaches are calling our plays.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossp917
    Ok...it seems that whatever offensive scheme (pun intended) we choose for a night, we stick with it throughout the game. It seemed for the games after OSU we stuck with a screen pass mentality. This game we avoided it...I'm not understanding.

Unfortunately, (or perhaps fortunately) I was unable to make the game this week, but I did get to listen to it.

From what I've seen in the past, I think that we need to work out of the pro or I forms. As things stand, if we line up out of the gun, it's a pass, if Luke is under center it's a run. Very VERY predictable. In most cases I can figure out the play from our setup, and I'm not the best at reading schemes, so I'm sure other teams are doing just as well.
    Why do you act so surprised now? I've been telling you this stuff for weeks. PLEASE get a clue!!!!

HD

Puppy FOOTBALLDOGG is an unknown
    Our coaches are soooo damn predictable. What happened to our "GREAT" defense!!!!!!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    When it all comes down to THE BOTTOM LINE - THE HEAD COACH IS TO BLAME. I know he is not the one throwing the picks, fumbling, not wrapping up on tackles, whatever it may be. But also, he gets the credit when we do good. But the true colors are coming out on what we have as a head coach, A TRUE CLOWN. He deserves the repsonsibilty. Now he can take it out on his coaches, players, or whomever, but the head man in any program gets the credit or the blame. PERIOD.

+ Reply to Thread