+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    COACHING, COACHING, COACHING! It is a coach's job to mold a player & TEACH a player. A player can have all the "raw" talent in the world & suck as a player because they were never taught. Our problems are the decisions being made by the coaches. I'm sorry, but if we don't make adjustments & change our gameplan as necessary, we won't win another game all year! I said this after the Oklahoma St game that I could call the plays from the stands! We have talent, but it is how you use it that counts!!

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    HD,

Just because someone has the most raw talent on the team does not mean that they should be the starting QB. The guy that will win the games should be the starting QB. I don't think Luke has any more raw talent than Causey does, like Dawgs80 said, I have never seen all of his raw talent either. Do you think that Luke has all of this raw talent because his name is McCown and his brother played at A&M? There is a reason that all of the big schools did not recruit McCown. Anybody that will not make poor decisions and will not turnover the ball will do a better job at QB than Luke. The guy on our team that has the most raw talent is Donald Allen, he will probably be our starting QB in 2 years.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    HD,

Just because someone has the most raw talent on the team does not mean that they should be the starting QB. The guy that will win the games should be the starting QB. I don't think Luke has any more raw talent than Causey does, like Dawgs80 said, I have never seen all of his raw talent either. Do you think that Luke has all of this raw talent because his name is McCown and his brother played at A&M? There is a reason that all of the big schools did not recruit McCown. Anybody that will not make poor decisions and will not turnover the ball will do a better job at QB than Luke. The guy on our team that has the most raw talent is Donald Allen, he will probably be our starting QB in 2 years.
    I'm not necessarily opposed to Causey.....he's just never shown me anything. The last time I saw Causey play was when he started the Tulsa game in 2000. As I posted on the BB&B after that game, it was the ugliest performance by any college QB I'd ever seen. And I am not exaggerating. It was so bad that those of us in attendance were begging Bicknell to yank the redshirt off of McCown at halftime and bench Causey. Of course, Bick did, and McCown looked MUCH better than Causey.

Having said that, I admit that alot can happen to a college QB in 2 years. But I'm curious what you --AND OTHERS-- base your analysis on? What makes you believe that Causey suddenly walks on water? This is not a trick question. I'm serious.

I figure you must be basing your "play Causey" decision on something you' ve seen that the rest of us haven't seen........I just want to know WHAT you've seen that makes you come to that conclusion? I don't know about Causey because I'm not at practice every day and I haven't seen him play anything other than "mop up duty" since that fateful day in Tulsa in 2000.

But at this point......I can be SOLD! Sell me on it. Why are you so high on Causey? (And please don't give me abunch of high school stats to make your case!)

HD

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    Dawg80 said:

We MIGHT beat UTEP and SMU, they both suck.
    Well...Rice Sucked at 0-4 until last night so don't jump to any conclusions...now we suck!

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    HogDawg said:

On the other hand our coaches are getting outcoached EVER WEEK.
    Well, that IS the way I see it.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    The Nevade game last season when Luke got hurt Causey came in and led the game winning FG drive against them. Not much time left and it looked liked that we are going to lose, Causey comes in cold off the bench, throw 3 for 3 passes down the field, Scobee kicks the FG and we win. Then I saw Causey throw in the Human bowl, he has the Rattay-like quick release, his throws have the perfect spiral and they get there, the WR does not have to wait long for it, Causey gets it there.

You should not judge him in one game way back in 2000, a lot has changed since then.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    If we're gonna use 2000 as the measuring stick, and geez-louise! who doesn't want to forget that season!? anyway, Luke had his moments, like vs Miami and Auburn, and his bad times, like that horrid interception to lose the UCF game. Likewise, Maxie struggled some, and he also played well vs SFA, including a clutch 45-yard strike in the 1st OT to keep us alive. I have yet to see Luke throw a pass that was in the air 45 yards, with no margin of error, perfectly thrown, with a game on the line.

But, since then, Luke has gotten 27 starts and most of the reps in practice. It shouldn't even be close, Luke SHOULD hold a HUGE advantage over Maxie right now. But, does he? If Maxie was named the starter for SMU, and had two weeks to practice with the 1st string, and knew, even if he struggled, as Luke has done time and time again, Bick wouldn't yank him....I think Maxie might play well against SMU.

But still, Luke has the benefit of 27 career starts, and as there aren't that many games left in their college careers, that's a luxury Maxie will never have.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    I haven't seen Causey play that much, but here are my observations from when I have:

He came in at the end of the Hbowl and didn't look too bad against Clemson's fourth string. I think he threw a pretty good TD pass. I saw him in the scrimmage before the season. He got off to a VERY slow start, but came on VERY strong before he left the game. I was pretty impressed with his later performance in the scrimmage. I saw him make some horrible short passes at PSU this year. He really didn't throw much at Tulsa, but I do seem to remember a pretty good connection to a tight end and another bad pass.

I think he should at least start the SMU game and see what he can do. It can't hurt. Does he graduate this year or next?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Causey is a redshirt Junior. He and Luke both have one more year.

+ Reply to Thread