+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heisman talk- never again

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    First of all, Luke should be our starting QB. He is a decent QB. DECENT. He is a nice guy, and a good athlete. But to my fellow Tech die harders, he is not a hair on a Heisman candidate's butt. He is not even in the same ball league as a Heisman candidate. I was not one of the ones promoting it, so whoever was, don't ever do it again, even if we get a Ken Dorsey at Tech. Any decent QB would rack up the yards in our type of offense, anybody would. Luke has not taken control of the offense. I'm very disappointed. But I still think Luke should be the starting QB. I do think he has an edge over Causey, but I'm beginning to think that Causey deserves a shot. I don't know hell, as Pricknell would say "It is very frustrating"

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    First of all, Luke should be our starting QB. He is a decent QB. DECENT. He is a nice guy, and a good athlete. But to my fellow Tech die harders, he is not a hair on a Heisman candidate's butt. He is not even in the same ball league as a Heisman candidate. I was not one of the ones promoting it, so whoever was, don't ever do it again, even if we get a Ken Dorsey at Tech. Any decent QB would rack up the yards in our type of offense, anybody would. Luke has not taken control of the offense. I'm very disappointed. But I still think Luke should be the starting QB. I do think he has an edge over Causey, but I'm beginning to think that Causey deserves a shot. I don't know hell, as Pricknell would say "It is very frustrating"
    ditto.....it has been an embarrasment

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Just because you are decent and are nice does not throne you into the starting qb's job. The ability to win the confidence and lead a team is the determining factor of who the qb is. Someone on our team needs to step up right now and be that person, I don't care who it is. S@#*, get the waterboy out there if he has heart, becasue right now this team has none.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    Causey is that guy, I have been saying it all along, if he ever gets a chance he will prove me right. Great leadership is in his blood and I see it the very few times that he gets to play.

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    I do not have a problem with our QB or any of our players for that matter. I think all any one can expect of college athletes is to give their best effort.

However, it is the COACHES job to 1) develop the players talent, 2) put the players in situations where their talent is best utilized, and 3) motivate them to give a full effort and if that fails to sit them down.

I don't see any of the above three things happening on our team this year. I do not know the reason, but if it doesn't get fixed soon, we are in serious shape.

Puppy bulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the ears
    I agree 100%. Whoever is in charge of lukemccown.com needs to SHUT IT DOWN immediately. He makes that more of a joke every week. Enough people laughed when it first came out, but now it is getting worse with every week. I was one who was giving him the benefit of the doubt when we were playing big time programs, but now he has done the same thing against a WINLESS Rice team. These long road trips have gotten old and I will not make another one this season. I'm a season ticket holder so I will be there for the home games, but no more wasting my time and money on this team.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    Have you ever heard of a heisman trophy winner coming from an 7-5 team that beat 0 ranked oppontents, ok maybe Notre Dame. Whoever thought of the Luke for heisman campaign is an idiot!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar
    "Whoever thought of the Luke for heisman campaign is an idoit!"

Dammit LBP, it's "i" before "o"!

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    Bulldog92 said:

Whoever is in charge of lukemccown.com needs to SHUT IT DOWN immediately.
    Found this interesting:
    Registrant:
    Bulldog Barks and Bytes
    1001 Park Highway
    Minden, Louisiana 71055
    US

Domain Name: LUKEMCCOWN.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Woodard, Dwayne R dwaynerwoodard@hotmail.com
    1001 Park Highway
    Minden, Louisiana 71055

Well, I also agree this site needs to be shut down...it was a great idea on paper, but lately in reality it does not compute.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar
    Hey bulldog92,
    I believe we all share the same sentiments right now but please don't quit coming to the games just yet. I know you said you'd make the home game and that's great but even if you only come for the fellowship please continue your support of the out-of-town games when you can. The program as a whole needs all the support we can muster. Good, Bad or Indifferent we should all be able to agree that this program has truly grown over the last ten years or so. In short, if we want it to continue to get better then we must continue to show support through the good and the bad. We are still in charge of our own destiny concerning the WAC. We are still in this thing. Bossdawg said it best when he said it appeared as though we have no HEART! C'Mon DAWGS somebody gotta step up and take charge. Who will lead this team?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    MIKE,

lukemccown.com merely redirects traffic to http://www.latechsports.com/McCown/

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    And I did that as a favor to the athletic deparment...

I wish some of ya'll big men would send me a private email or pick up the phone and call me if you have a compalint with things I DO...

This is getting very old very fast...

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg78
    Hey bulldog92,
    I believe we all share the same sentiments right now but please don't quit coming to the games just yet. I know you said you'd make the home game and that's great but even if you only come for the fellowship please continue your support of the out-of-town games when you can. The program as a whole needs all the support we can muster. Good, Bad or Indifferent we should all be able to agree that this program has truly grown over the last ten years or so. In short, if we want it to continue to get better then we must continue to show support through the good and the bad. We are still in charge of our own destiny concerning the WAC. We are still in this thing. Bossdawg said it best when he said it appeared as though we have no HEART! C'Mon DAWGS somebody gotta step up and take charge. Who will lead this team?
    Good post. I may not like what I have seen the last couple of weeks, BUT I am not giving up on this team. I will be in Dallas in two weeks with my blue cheering on the dogs and yelling at the refs :lol: as always.

I hope to see many of you there also.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    DFM,
    I for one am thankful for all you (and the entire BB&B staff) do for Tech and this board. Even if I may disagree with something you may post, I still admire what all you do for Tech. As Sooner said, we are all pulling on the same oar!

Most importantly, I wish you well in your adoption process. That really puts all this into perspective.

THANK YOU,

Reddawg

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Red is right Dwayne. No matter what you hear from some posters here, you're work is very appreciated by the majority of us.

It's kind of funny. Most people appreciate Dwayne's work and MACP's work, but only Dwayne catches flack on occasion. Someone explain that one to me. :?

P.S. Did I miss something about an adoption? Unlike Red, when I get behind, I hit the "mark all posts as read" feature.

Sanitago

+ Reply to Thread