+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beef and Hogdog Called It

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    Beef and Hogdog called this one. I hope the rest of the season doesn't end up like they are saying, but after watching the Dogs defeated tonight, I have no other option to say that we will be lucky to finish 5-7.

All of you 'positive' posters, what do you have to say about tonight? Will step up and eat crow, or will you be silent about the suckiness and continue to live in your fantasy world? From this point on, I will refer to the formerly called 'negative' posters as the REALITY posters.
    ________
    GL1100A
    Last edited by ST5; 01-18-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Thanks ST5. But the truth is, I'm as positive as the next guy about Tech football. Only a moron could have watched that Texas A&M game and not seen this coming. This was a train wreck waiting to happen.

HD

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    EXACTLY HD!! Only a moron could have watched the A&M game and not realized we have major problems.

I guess everyone will say Rice is the best 1-4 team in the country and we will win out!!!

We will be very lucky to have 15k at Fresno on ESPN2....

Reddawg

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The point of being positive is to avoid creating potentially self-fulfilling prophecies.

The negative things are fine to say in the privacy of your own home, preferably in a closet with no one near the door. There is no reason to state the obvious and no reason to assume the worst.

Together we can. That is all you need to say.
    Together we can raise more money for the Dawgs. Together we can bring more fans to the games. Together we can actually help the team win.

I feel guilty for not feigning illness and missing work to attend the game while people who live less than half the distance I do are expressing pleasure in not having attended.

Because a person remains positive doesn't make his view of the situation unrealistic. Realistically, negative fans hurt a team and positive fans help a team.
    It will be interesting to read what people have to say who attended the game. We haven't heard from many of those so far, just people who listened to the radio.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    "The point of being positive is to avoid creating potentially self-fulfilling prophecies. "

Blah blah blah....

ARE YOU FOR REAL?????

I couldn't even finish reading that post without getting ticked off!!

Reddawg

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    "The point of being positive is to avoid creating potentially self-fulfilling prophecies. "

Blah blah blah....

ARE YOU FOR REAL?????

I couldn't even finish reading that post without getting ticked off!!

Reddawg
    HA! Good post, Reddawg. If you ever questioned whether Aubunique is really on drugs or not, the last post should have convinced the worst skeptic. Honestly, I coudn't read the whole post either.

HD

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    The point of being positive is to avoid creating potentially self-fulfilling prophecies.

The negative things are fine to say in the privacy of your own home, preferably in a closet with no one near the door. There is no reason to state the obvious and no reason to assume the worst.

Together we can. That is all you need to say.
    Together we can raise more money for the Dawgs. Together we can bring more fans to the games. Together we can actually help the team win.

I feel guilty for not feigning illness and missing work to attend the game while people who live less than half the distance I do are expressing pleasure in not having attended.

Because a person remains positive doesn't make his view of the situation unrealistic. Realistically, negative fans hurt a team and positive fans help a team.
    It will be interesting to read what people have to say who attended the game. We haven't heard from many of those so far, just people who listened to the radio.
    Aubunique,

Ok, let's be positive:

Our punter had a hell of a game!

We didn't lose by more than 17 points!

We had a great many first time attendees from the Houston area there to watch 'Tech Football'!

Our uniforms looked great!

That's about all I can think of. Your turn.......

DFIH

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Here are some positives:

This should have been a wake-up call to the coaches and the team.
    We now know "how good we are." We know we have alot of work to do to be competitive in the WAC. We know that the status quo is not working and it will not work.

This season is still in the balance and CAN be turned around. It is up to the coaching staff and ONLY the coaching staff to turn it around. They have got to quit giving the opposition so much credit and go out to destroy them. Go for the jugular. Attack them merciously. We are pussy-footing on offense! Use the passing game to set-up the running game and then pound it down their throats when they tire from chasing our QB and receivers around.

Our coaches and players have got to quit writing these games off as "we just didn't get the breaks" or "we were playing against better players" or "that's just how it goes sometimes." Bull$*!@!!!! Be men and take the game to them. We did this last year (except for the Clemson game) and we can do it again.

I agree that it is time to give Maxie some playing time. If I were the coach, I would give him the bulk of practice time these next two weeks and start him against SMU. Give him one half and see what happens. He couldn't do any worse than Luke has done. Or how about this----let Luke start the first half and let Maxie play the second half. Luke has played like an All-American in the first half this year, but the second half, he falls apart and KILLS this team.

Puppy pharmdawg is an unknown
    I'll eat a little crow. LBP, BEEF and Hogdawg have been proven just about dead on.
    I considered the "negativism" as a detriment to the board and to the team. Now I see I was wrong. You were telling it as it was. I, for one, wanted to ignore what was in front of me.. In another thread I mentioned that the play that proved the point was the 1st int in the 3 rd period of the Penn State game. As I stated in that thread, its easy for a defense to stop our offense if they know the plays and when they are coming.
    I hold the head coach and his staff responsible. I believe we have good talant and should have won at least one of those games. With no adjustments at halftime even 0-4 Rice made it look easy.
    I hope, with the extra week, Coach B , does something , anything, to correct this. If not, any support for the staff will disappear. We have the talant, we need the coaches who can develope it . We also need staff that can make adjustments.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous
    [
    Aubunique,

Ok, let's be positive:

Our punter had a hell of a game!

We didn't lose by more than 17 points!

We had a great many first time attendees from the Houston area there to watch 'Tech Football'!

Our uniforms looked great!

That's about all I can think of. Your turn.......

DFIH
    Oh yea, I just thought of two other positives from last night's game:

I won't have to go to Dallas in two weeks........

I know where I will be during the Xmas holidays, and that won't be at a bowl game in zero degree weather!

I am feeling better already.......

Still Disgusted DFIH

+ Reply to Thread