View Poll Results: who should get the nod at QB for our next game??

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke

33 61.11%
  • Maxie

21 38.89%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who should start at QB for our next game????

Puppy FOOTBALLDOGG is an unknown
    Who should Jack start at QB for our next game??

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Luke is fine. It is the PLAY CALLING!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    No Champion,

It is a combination.

Luke needs to watch the game from the sidelines for a few quarters. Jack needs to get his coaches in shape - NOW.

Puppy FOOTBALLDOGG is an unknown
    For once FIM I agree with you, but don't make it a habit...LOL.... START MAXIE!!!!

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    This is getting scary, FIM! When I agree with you, it gives me chill bumps. However, I'm gonna stick with my feelings this time and agree with you, but don't expect it every time! It might be the play calling that causes Luke to have to throw under pressure so often, but it isn't play calling that makes Luke not see the bad guys standing where he throws the ball. It isn't play calling that keeps Luke from throwing the ball out of bounds rather than towards a defender. Those are Lukes choices, and he needs to learn to make the right choices each and every time! His value to the NFL is going down with each bad pass he throws! And Coach Bicknell's stock is going down every time we come out in the second half and stink up the stadium. The defense seems to be hanging tough. They played their hearts out the last quarter against Rice, only to have the offense go three downs (or less) and out. We can't continue to play this way. We have to change! Now is the time!!!!

TD
    ~~

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    I agree with champ. Right now I think our biggest problem is the playcalling. How many plays are in our playbook?

Rushing: 3 plays
    Draw, Counter and a rare toss sweep.

Passing:
    bubble screen, jailbreak screen, halfback screen a few out patterns and a few crossing patterns.

And I think in far too many of our multiple rec sets the play is designed to use most of the receivers to "pick" for one, thus Luke only has 1 real option and if that is not there, then what?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    we need a leader on the field, I saw a leader play qb in the OSU game and I have not seen him since.

Someone needs to step up, I don't care who it is!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    There is no question...Luke should continue to start. Of the three interception he had at Rice, two were clearly the fault of the receiver and the other was a piss poor play. Specifically, one receiver didn't hang on to the ball...another receiver broke off his route 10 yards too early...and Conroy and Company call a dink in the shadow of the goal posts into the gut of the linebacking crew.

For the record, the offense we are currently running is the exact same offense Crowton left us with no changes...it's Rattay's offense! Luke is not Tim...he may be better, he may be worse...but he is not Tim.

Last night I saw Luke throw a handful of passes that let me know he can throw downfield with authority. He threw about 5 good strikes that were on a rope, and the receivers looked like they'd never seen a ball thrown that way before. That's coaching, not quarterbacking! Our coaching staff is not creative and they obviously don't make halftime adjustments...those are the two areas that need some cnages...big changes!

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    We're too dependent on throwing the screen (when we need long yardage) and a certain QB needs to work on completing passes. How many bad passes did he make Saturday night? I can't pin this one on the receivers ... Mr. QB just "ain't gettin' it". The play calling flat-out sucks! Screen, screen, run, punt or run, run, screen, punt ... over and over again! I have a more imaginative setup on my Playstation ...

My wife was calling better plays Saturday night! I must have heard her yell "don't run with the ball" to Mr. QB numerous times Saturday night. My father (who was listening to the game via radio in Ruston) told me that Dave and Dan said Bicknell wanted to give Luke more chances to run the ball.

I did annoy a Rice fan or two into moving after yelling "MOVE THE CHAINS" for the entire first quarter ... that was fun!

+ Reply to Thread