+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got back

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I just got back from Shreveport. I have to tell you that last night was one (if not the) most frustrating game that I have been to. This is a team that we should have beat. Last night I left giving up and thinking that I will just hang in till basketball season next month. WE HAVE TO THROW THE DEEP BALL. We, also, have to have plays that are not TOTALLY predictable. Something will have to change for us to win some WAC games.

Today I am feeling much better, though. I had the drive home to think about things. If we can change some things and IF this weeks bye will help us get our heads on straight, we can still win the WAC. One loss shouldn't negate that possibility. Also, Rice might be a contender - something I did not factor in. The top 3 teams in the WAC should get a bowl game, but we will need to be in the top 2 - not in a tie - to get one.

Life is not over yet, but soemthing HAS to change before our next game.

Other than that, the stadium was great. I really enjoyed the place. The sound had too much echo with the roof closed, but besides that it was an excellent experience. There was a much bigger crowd than expected, as well.

Alright, that's it for me for a while. I now have to recover and get my positive atttitude back - ONCE AGAIN!

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Last night I left giving up and thinking that I will just hang in till basketball season next month.
    I was thinking the exactly the same thing last night driving north on I-610 after the game. But I'm better now and looking forward to going to Dallas.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I managed to make it out for one of my rare away games ... a few things come to mind.

My father-in-law has seen exactly ONE Tech game in person. The Rice game. His general concensus was that it was clear that we have better talent than Rice. He then noted that the lousy play calling on offense hurt us tremendously. The only example he needed to use was a 3rd and long where we hit a receiver 3 yards short of the 1st down. He also said that Luke McCown was overrated. Luke made a few ill decisions in the game and they were costly. I can understand his opinion. Luke appears to be in a funk ...

My mother-in-law has seen exactly ONE Tech came period. The Rice game. She noted that we looked undisciplined in warm-up drills and she also noted that the team had no spunk. Rice is a well coached team. You cannot go through the motions against a team like that or you will get pounded. We did.

My wife enjoyed the game despite the loss. Even she said "I thought you said this player or that player is supposed to be good." DOLT! My wife is the newest football fan of the bunch ...

Finally, my thoughts ... driving through the hurricane damage was a humbling experience. The telivision did not do justice to the damage that actually occured due to Hurricane Lili. Interstate signs and pine trees were snapped in half. For a good 30 miles I had no idea where I was because almost every sign was down. some houses had 60-80% less shingles. I saw one grand old oak on its side. Old wooden billboards were destroyed and many billboards looked like a giant finger came down and tried (often times succesfully) to peel off the ads like folks peel off beer labels. During one small stretch a series of about 10-12 power lines were lying on the ground. There are STILL 80,000 folks without power in the area. I still thank God it wasn't worse.

Other than the Tech loss and my fantasy team being down 40 with only Ahman Green left, the weekend was great for me. The wife and I caught the VeggieTales movie which was superb. We went to a game I didn't like the results of in a world class stadium. We caught the two Impressionist exhibits at the art museum in Houston. My son did not complain the whole time and got to spend come QT with his great-grand mother. We got home safely and suffered little heckling from classy Rice fans.

IMHO Tech has A LOT of work to do. If things do not improve, I see us winning over UTEP, maybe SMU and that is about it. SJSU, Boise and Fresno would kill the Tech team that showed up last night. Not to take a single thing away from Rice. If we had played well it would have been a GOOD game as opposed to a blowout. I would have been satisfied more with a loss that we played our heart out in than the one we ended up with ... a lackluster performance resulting in a blowout ...

bring it back Dawgs ...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Well, I have a correction to my post. I meant to say that I just got back from HOUSTON - not Shreveport. No one caught that, though.

I am feeling better today and think that we can still salvage this season. I was upset and do blow off steam after a disappointing night like that, but I am getting tired of the whining going on with this board now.

It is time to stand up and be proud to be a DAWG! Let this one go and show that we will overcome the bad start and be the team that we were supposed to be this year. It is NOT too late!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I am feeling better today and think that we can still salvage this season. I was upset and do blow off steam after a disappointing night like that, but I am getting tired of the whining going on with this board now.

It is time to stand up and be proud to be a DAWG! Let this one go and show that we will overcome the bad start and be the team that we were supposed to be this year. It is NOT too late!
    I am starting to feel better too.

That's great EJ! Maybe it will be contagious!

I am ready to whoop some ponys.

+ Reply to Thread