+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proud of this in Houston!

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    Yep, I was very proud of the great showing of Tech fans in Houston. There were many more than I expected and their spirit started out great. The pep BOP was there and tried hard with their limited numbers. I sat next to an older couple (Tech grad) from Houston that came to the game just because. There were blue shirts everywhere. Congratulations Tech Fans for a great showing (in the stands)...

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    I was very surprised at the number of fans as well. The section closest to the band was the most spirited. the section to their left was pretty good, then the section to the left of that was null and void. I didn't see hardly anyone stand and cheer, even in the first half when we had something to cheer for. BUT, I was glad they were there which is something we now have to really worry about. I noticed the BIG LACK of student support compared to A&M. Two steps forward and three steps back.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    If there is a positive to be pulled from this game, the attendance is it. I was proud to see all the blue (and I didn't mind the red) as long as they were cheering for Tech.

See y'all in Dallas.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    If there is a positive to be pulled from this game, the attendance is it. I was proud to see all the blue (and I didn't mind the red) as long as they were cheering for Tech.

See y'all in Dallas.
    any rough idea of how many Tech fans were there? I know there were far more than Tech sold tickets for.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Well, MacP, the ones that were spirited sure did a good job. For most of the game, all I could hear on the radio were Tech fans cheering. Several of us commented in the the chat room that there seemed to be more Tech fans than Rice fans at the game.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    We almost had as many fans as they did. I was really surprised. It will be interesting to see how many travel to SMU.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    The attendance was a little over 20k. If Rice had 12-14k how many Tech fans were there? I am guessing. Most have said we had almost as many as Rice-does that mean 8k Tech fans?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    We had a good crowd of Tech folks there, but I think we're getting a little carried away. We had more than half the fans who were sitting on the lower level, East Side. I'm not sure about what was in the level above us, because we couldn't see up there. I am guessing we had about 3,000 to 4,000 Tech fans.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I wasn't at the game and was curious. I didn't think that many Tech fans had made the trip so that means 3-4k most likely.It sounded like a good size crowd at the game on the radio. In the 1st half when we had something to cheer for the Tech fans were loud.

+ Reply to Thread