+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "La. Tech, the quaterback college..."

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    There is such a thing as bad timing and we got another taste of it Sunday during the 49ers game.

Late in the game Rattay came in to finish the route and as the play-by-play guy announced his entry he noted that Bradshaw and Rattay were both from La. Tech, the QB college.

What a shame to get such prime time praise on the one hand and yet to take repeated beatings on the other. If there were a promising prospect out there listening all he would have to do is research our record before scratching us from his list.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Doom and gloom, doom and gloom. What a horrible existence you must have.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Don't forget Matt Dunigan. He is too often overlooked. Of course, it ain't the NFL, but Dunigan enjoyed a magnificent career in the CFL: winning MVPs and championships (The Grey Cup).

Former Tech RB John Henry White also had a great career in the CFL.

Dunigan had a cannon for an arm, if you ever saw him drill one on line, a frozen rope, 40 yards, or lift one 65 yards in the air to hit a streaking Mike Sherman dead in stride....man! What an arm!

I think his best throw came against USL, he was being chased out of the pocket, running toward the sideline at the 50 yard line when he spies a Tech WR crossing through the middle of the endzone, on the run, whop! 55 yards on line, a perfect strike for a TD!

The Cajun fans around me were flabberghasted.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Come on Sooner! You can't be happy about what is going on up there. If you are, give me some of what your taking!!!

Reddawg

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Happy we lost? Of course not. Ready to give up on my team? Not even close. I'm glad my wife and children didn't give up on me when I lost a couple of trials a few years ago. Their confidence in me pulled me through a tough time. Because of their support, I kept my confidence and now I'm on a long winning streak.

Red, I have no problem with constructive critiscim. However, the hang'em high talk is repugnant, and simply not needed.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    Dunigan will surely make the CFL hall of fame one day. If I'm thinking correctly that will put two Tech alums in the Great White North's Hall.

There's a trivia question there I think...who is the Tech alum in the CFL hall?

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Ok, I'll agree with you that the talk of hanging the coaches and players is just plain stupid. However, our head coach is accountable for the performance of this team and he needs to change something. This team is underperforming and the buck stops with him.

Reddawg

I think Coach Bick knows changes need to be made. I doubt he is getting much sleep right now. The question is, what changes need to be made? A constructive discussion of how we can improve would be of interest to me. However, this relentless fit throwing and name calling is getting old.

One thing I do know Red, no matter how angry you get, we know we can count on your support, and I admire this very, very much. I would just like to see a little more encouragement, and a lot less bashing.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Hey Dawg80, I remember a game many years ago at Kyle Field when Matt Dunnigan passed for about 400 against A & M. He hit Sherman for an 80 yarder in the 3rd quarter that got us back in that game which we ended up losing by 38-27 or something like that. A & M had a QB named Gary Kubiak that also passed for about 400 in that game. It is one of the greatest performances by a Tech QB in a hostile big time college environment I've ever seen.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Well B_A_D, I'll take any publicity on a sports broadcast when any of our former players are mentioned and Tech is called QB University
    Sure we're struggling right now but we've got nowhere to go but up from here. Rice will be the bottom of the barrel as far as our season is concerned.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Hey Dawg80, I remember a game many years ago at Kyle Field when Matt Dunnigan passed for about 400 against A & M. He hit Sherman for an 80 yarder in the 3rd quarter that got us back in that game which we ended up losing by 38-27 or something like that. A & M had a QB named Gary Kubiak that also passed for about 400 in that game. It is one of the greatest performances by a Tech QB in a hostile big time college environment I've ever seen.
    I was there! Just before the half, trailing 21-7, Dunigan led us on a 90 yard drive culminating with a 30 yard strike on a post pattern, beating double coverage, the ball was thrown so hard and on target the Aggie DB's didn't have time to react, even though they were in perfect position to make a play. Talk about threading the needle.

Mike Sherman could fly! had legit 9.2 100-speed.

That team was the real deal. Was that the year Delaware beat us in the mud game in Ruston in the D-1AA playoffs or am I off a year or two. I was at that game and I believe it had to be some of the worst playing conditions I've ever seen. I've always believed the weather kept us from winning a national championship that year.

I know someone, probably Dwayne, will post the exact info, but from memory, yeah, that was 1982. Tech was 9-2 in the regular season with the 38-27 loss to aTm, and.....I don't remember, but I think it was USL, by a 29-19 score. We also beat a ranked USM in Hattiesburg that year.

We beat South Carolina State 38-3 in the first round, then lost to Delaware on one of the nastiest days I've withstood at Aillet! Raining, cold, muddy, yuck!

The year before, 1981, we lost to Baylor at Indy Stadium 28-21. Another great performance by Dunigan. BU got four big pass plays, most to Gerald McDaniels, later of the Kansas City Chiefs, to set up their scores. Walter Abercrombie was BU's star RB, but he didn't do much that night, and Mike Singletary anchored a legitmately good Bear defense. All night long our OL could do nothing to keep Baylor's front four from chasing Dunigan, although Matt could throw while on the run better than most QB's stationary in a comfy pocket. Our first TD that night was on a drawplay, about 15 yards out, our RB went untouched, and almost unnoticed! by BU's defenders, hah!

Your right Sooner, I'll be there come hell or high water!! I just want us to perform up to our abilities, nothing more nothing less. I already have my plans for the rest of the home games. :lol:

Reddawg

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Happy we lost? Of course not. Ready to give up on my team? Not even close. I'm glad my wife and children didn't give up on me when I lost a couple of trials a few years ago. Their confidence in me pulled me through a tough time. Because of their support, I kept my confidence and now I'm on a long winning streak.

Red, I have no problem with constructive critiscim. However, the hang'em high talk is repugnant, and simply not needed.
    We do however have the right to hold the head coach accountable. These problems with our offense did not start Saturday, they started last year towards the end of the season, and nothing has been done yet to correct the downward spiral.

What about our preparation for the bowl game? One of the most important games in Tech history and we were totally unprepared. I guess because the coaches were tired of coaching and wanted to relax. It was an embarrassement.

And now, we have a few players who don't seem to mind losing, who aren't willing to do what it takes to win. We obviously also have a defiencicy in assistant coaching. Who should be held accountable?

+ Reply to Thread