+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two weeks... too few?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    I wonder if any of us couch coaches and fans truely realize what a huge task is at hand in trying to get this team back on track and winning in basically a weeks time (the second week will be game prep for SMU).

It's not like we have to find a key replacement for our injured star player or something. We have to revamp our whole approach to the game, our very way of thinking, our leadership roles, our confidence, etc, etc, etc...!

Working on execution is a waste of time. Even if we executed to perfection we would find a defender ready in our path. We are predictable beyond belief.

I am not optomistic, although extremely hopeful. If we can't come up with a game plan and can't make half time adjustments and don't recognize or are in denial about substituting players who aren't performing in the course of a week or a half...how can we essentially re-start the season again in a couple of weeks time?

Failing a successful re-start our players are most surely going to lose faith in their leaders, the coaches, and then the shit is really going to hit the fan.

What I'm seeing reminds me of the Men's basketball team after Tommy Joe Eagles left, it took us 10 (?) years to recover - God forbid!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    This "set back" syndrome is exactly what this board was predicting after the 2000 season.

The last thing this team needs is for us to give up on them.

+ Reply to Thread