+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overrated, Overconfident, or

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears
    poor coaching? :?

If players (or coaches) can't, or want, perform, get them out of the game and let someone else have a go at it. Seems simple enough to me.

Anyone else feeling dejavu 2000?

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Well, if the coaches are digging the hole for the players, putting others in the hole isn't going to change anything.

We may be ( have been) a little overconfident, but I think the biggest part of the problem is two-fold!

1. Our offensive game plan is now somewhat predictable! ( and I use the term "somewhat" a bit loosely!)

2. Our opponents get our shemes nailed perfectly in the first half and adjust accordingly! We do nothing to adjust ( at least that's visible) and as a result our offense is basically staring every possession at the eqiuivalent of 1st and 30!!

I think this has a very discouraging effect on the players and they just get frustrated and they result shows on the scoreboard!!

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    Look at what we have done in the second half the past two years against

Rice
    Boise State
    Clemson

Clemson
    Penn State
    Texas A&M
    Rice

This are all games that we were either way ahead to start the second half and let the team come back, or games that we were even in the second half before getting blown out. Okay, so maybe we did wear down against Clemson, Penn State and Texas A&M but you are going to have a heard time convincing me that Rice and Boise did the same.

Why we are not playing a good second half, I do not know. I do know that it is a problem and it is the coaches job to fix it.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    You forgot K-State we were actually in that game at halftime down 10-0 I believe.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    Good one, I forgot about them. Would not be suprised if their are more.

It is clear that Tech has performed poorly during the second half of many games the past two years. It is the coaches job to recognize that and do something about it. I simply will not believe that RiceX2 and Boise wore us down.

Little game this weekend in Chapel Hill
    NC State vs UNC
    Just wish Tech had a rival like this.

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears
    Anyone else feeling dejavu 2000?

I cannot for the life of me understand why unproductive players and coaches are rewarded by being allowed to continue playing or coaching. Why, after all the hard work of so many, are so few allowed to set us back so much? :huh2:

After all the hype of preseason, now we're left stranded in the rain.

I've been looking forward to Homecoming all year, but now I'm not sure if I want to put my family through my post game bad mood blues when Nevada finds yet another way to wac the dogs.

I guess I'm just feeling the bulldog blues . . . :cry:

+ Reply to Thread