+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When Things Don't Go Well, What Kind of Fan Are You?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Nope, there's not much positive to talk about. We were outplayed and outcoached. We did have a real good turn-out of Tech supporters. What will your reaction be now? Boycott the games? Pull your Tech stickers off your vehicles? Quit wearing blue? Why not get you a purple and gold shirt, they're having a season you can be proud of? Do that kind of stuff if you want, but that will give more ammunition to fans of other schools who run down our fan support. I am not disowning my school because our football team is not performing well.

----

In regards to specific concerns about the team's performance, here are some of my opinions:

-- Changing quarterbacks will not help. The problems run deep, from predictable play calling to having no receivers open. For those, who say "throw the ball down the field more," we had several plays Saturday where that was obviously what we intended to do, but nobody was open. Luke ends up having to scramble and trying to make something out of nothing, and the play usually ends in disaster. For whatever reason, our receivers are not open. I think we are really missing the receivers of the past, like Edwards, Cangelosi, Daigre and Simon. I do agree our playcalling is not working, and that is a major part of the problem.

-- The defense did not look good against Rice, but Rice had an excellent game plan and executed it perfectly. Their plays were called in sequences which were designed to move the ball in a steady fashion, while setting us up for a big play. It worked great.
    Our defense won't be up against another offense like Rice's all year long. I still think our defense will be okay against more traditional offenses, and if our offense gives them a chance they will keep us in ball games.

_____

My bottom line: I hope the coaches will try to make BIG adjustments before SMU, but I'm not sure how much you can accomplish during the middle of the season. It will be fine with me if we play Causey more, but I don't think it will help. I don't think our main problem is at QB.

I refuse to threaten to quit wearing blue, attending games and displaying Tech stickers on my vehicle.

My school is Louisiana Tech University, and I am proud of that, no matter what the score was in a football game.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    My school is Louisiana Tech University, and I am proud of that, no matter what the score was in a football game.
    Good tag line! I'll be the first to admit that my emotions were running pretty low Saturday night. I came home and took it out with my keyboard here on BB&B. But, I will not give up on the dogs.

I strongly agree that our playcalling must improve. Like I said, I think Conroy is a good coach, but he needs to unleash the offense. Remember the 4th quarter against OSU? the first drive of the 3rd quarter at PSU? It can be done.

What we need is a complete game. SMU is coming up and we have two weeks to prepare. SMU may not be Clemson or A&M, but we need to execute to win. Nevada is next for our homecoming. We definitely need to prepare well for them.

It is Monday and my Tech diploma is still on my wall, my Tech sticker and license plate frame are still on my vehicle and I will still be in Dallas in two weeks and at homecoming after that.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Good post Joey! Funny how we get posters out of the woodwork when things go bad. Sure everyone has the right to bitch, but this crap about not supporting the team, pulling stickers off cars, or not wearing blue is just damn stupid!

I am so glad that many of you have shown your true colors! Tech doesn't need you clowns as fans. lsu or any other bandwagon team could use your services.

I may not be happy, but I damn sure will be in Dallas in two weeks and in Ruston and Shreveport the following weeks. I am glad that I won't see DFIH and others there! We don't need your support nor your money!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I graduated from Tech too, but now I am a grad Student @ LSUMC, but my dawgs are always #1 in my heart.

Do I get pissed off because we do not play to our potential, yes I do, do I also think there are changes that need to be made, yes I do, will I come on this board and voice my opinion regardless of its popularity, you bet your a##.

Will I ever take off that blue and red shirt, not on your life.

My heart goes to this team and not to any one player or coach, our tradition as a footbal team will always overcome the acts of our coaches or players.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    An offense liek rice, they were 0-4 until they played us, Rice sucks.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Apparently not so much anymore.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    I for one am going to retire my new WAC Celebration Blue shirt. I've worn it twice with poor results (A&M and Rice).

You'll see me in my GOT FOOTBALL? shirt come Oct. 19th.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    CHC, the fact that you live in Memphis, have traveled to College Station and Houston (I had to edit to get this right), and are going to be at SMU, speaks volumes about what kind of fan you are. Thanks for your loyalty to Tech during good and bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    CHC, the fact that you live in Memphis, have traveled to College Station and A&M, and are going to be at SMU, speaks volumes about what kind of fan you are. Thanks for your loyalty to Tech during good and bad times.
    (and the Rice game in Houston)

I absolutely agree. I enjoyed talking with you and CHC on Saturday.

See you both in a couple of weeks at the SMU game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Alright! A thread I like!

GO TECH

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute
    You are right on the money, Joey.

I will continue to be a La Tech-only fan and support them as much as possible.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    There's no place I'd rather be than sitting on that hill overlooking Aillet stadium on a cool Autumn afternon, stirring a pot of jambalaya, and drinking a cool beverage.

You gotta luv it!!

Hey CoolHandClyde, whatevery happened to cool autumn afternoons anyway? Seems like football season is more than halfway over before they arrive. Well, today there is a nice taste of fall in the air. Hopefully it will be a beautiful autumn afternoon in Dallas next Saturday. The SMU fans are really down in the mouth, and their attendance is showing it. Unless they upset Fresno State in the Valley this weekend they will likely not have very many people in attendance. Let's pull ourselves together and show them we will travel well even when everything is not going so great.

See you there.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute
    NO -- Cool Hand, it's not your tshirt. It's my attendence. I have been to two games this year. I will be at The SMU game, work permitting, cause I am the winning edge.

+ Reply to Thread