+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An easy money-making idea for a video.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Last year, a video was made that recapped the entire season. They showed on the coaches show, at the Humanitarian Bowl banquet, and then at the recruiting party in Shreveport.

This year, make the same video and sell it to the general public. Make it available on VHS and DVD. I would buy one and I am sure many others would also.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    EJ, I'm guessing you might get some interesting replies to that suggestion.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Not only does it provide some income (as little as it may be), a video also lets the fans take pride in the season. Even a poor season would have some good highlights. Just a thought.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all
    I have been asking for that for years...but to no avail. They might not make a ton of money on them but it would cost them little to do it, and every bit counts!! I was able to get some videos back in the early '90's, but haven't been able to since. It makes all the sense in the world to have them available. Put a order blank in the program each year. Make prior year videos available or maybe a compilation of some of the prior years.

A highlight reel of Tim's years would go like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG
    A highlight reel of Tim's years would go like hotcakes.
    Now, that is an understatement!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    [quote:eb7d4c2b2a="BCSDAWG"]A highlight reel of Tim's years would go like hotcakes.
    Now, that is an understatement![/quote:eb7d4c2b2a]

GREAT IDEA!!!

I'm not sure I would be too hot to buy this year's "highlights" as they exist thus far, but I would love to have a tape of last year's and also of the Rattay years.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I think we will all want a video of the highlights of the 9-4 when it ends!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I think Dawg80 owns a Video Production Company down in Nackatrash. He would probably be the ideal candidate to do a video like that.

HD

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Great Idea EJ.

Aseries of them could really be exciting. Say one of Rattay highlights, a yearly highlight one, and one highlighting big moments in big games like the wins over California and Alabama, etc.

Has anyone approached the AD about something like this?

I noticed on Texas A&M's website (and many other schools) that they offer a subscription where you get a copy of every game tape as well as the coaches show on your choice of VHS or DVD.

I think the cost was about $200 per year. Sounds like a good deal to me.

+ Reply to Thread