+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooled off yet?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Now that everyone has had a chance to step back and cool off a little (NO, it WASN'T by design!!!), how about we ALL put the comments of the past few days behind us!

Let's come out and SUPPORT our DAWGS and let them know we are behind both them AND the coaching staff!!! Believe me, they NEED our SUPPORT right now, NOT our criticism!!!

TDF

Puppy LR Dog is an unknown
    TechDawg you are absolutely right! We all have our opinions of what is wrong with the game but one common thread that we all have, is our Love for Louisiana Tech and its Athletics.

It may be painful to care and to be true blue, but we should take it for our share and move on. Your comment has renewed my desire on traveling to Dallas for the next event.

Hopefully inspiration, wisdom and maybe something creative will be derived and put into a plan of action.

I remember seeing that look in the players faces as we cheered for them after the A&M game; we all need to support each other.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar
    Sounds like we just need to forget this Rice game like Joe Raymond did following a walloping by U of Houston at the Astrodome in the 80s. As legend has it he buried the game tapes at the base of Spirit of '88 and never reviewed them.
    T-Mo

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    T-Mo, I have been quick to tell everyone not to overreact, and please not to be so mean-spirited in their criticism, but I don't think burying the evidence will help anything. Well, maybe on defense that would be fine, because we won't face another team this year that runs anything remotely similar to the Rice offense. But on offense we've got some real tough realities to face, and I hope the coaching staff is doing just that during this bye week. I will be in Dallas on October 19, hoping to see us looking more like the defending WAC champs we all knew and loved. Hope to see all of you there!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    T-Mo, I have been quick to tell everyone not to overreact, and please not to be so mean-spirited in their criticism, but I don't think burying the evidence will help anything. Well, maybe on defense that would be fine, because we won't face another team this year that runs anything remotely similar to the Rice offense. But on offense we've got some real tough realities to face, and I hope the coaching staff is doing just that during this bye week. I will be in Dallas on October 19, hoping to see us looking more like the defending WAC champs we all knew and loved. Hope to see all of you there!
    I'm glad to see you finally acknowledge that this Tech team has got problems.

You are absolutely correct.....we have some very tough issues to face with regards to our lack of production on offense, and frankly the extremely poor play of our DB's on defense. We are now 6 games into our season and we STILL don't have an interception. That's rediculous.

With today's teams passing the ball so much, I'm of the opinion that it's virtually IMPOSSIBLE for a DB to play an entire season of college football WITHOUT getting an INT. It just can't be done. A DB would have to deliberately "run and hide" on every play to avoid getting some INT opportunities. However, these Tech DB's are desperately trying to prove me --and the statistical data-- wrong.

As for the offense, R.C. Slocum proved 2 weeks ago that he had the "nads" to make an OC change when necessary. Bicknell needs to do the same thing. But the question is..........will he?

HD

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Hogdawg, I acknowledge that we have problems. I try to do that without calling our coaches, players and FELLOW POSTERS bad names. I hope our team plays better, and I hope some of our fans conduct themselves better.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    HD,

Have you put your name in the hat with Jim yet on the OC job?!! :lol: Why did the offense work so well last year??

See you in Dallas for SMU... Beer in hand!! 8-)

MD

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    at this point the Tech football team is like a teenager -- when they need our support & encouragement the most is when we least feel like giving it

+ Reply to Thread