+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Feinswog

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Did anyone else happen to see his article? I think he covers LSU for the Advocate, but his article appeared in the Monroe News Star.

HE said that LSU is the only true D-1 program in LA. Everyone else should be playing D-1AA.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Someone else posted it on another topic, but I will post it here also. Here it is:

COLUMN: LSU's whipping of ULL shows there's a world of difference between Louisiana schools
    Lee Feinswog
    Posted on October 8, 2002

BATON ROUGE - LSU's best play this season, without a doubt, has been its punt return.

So after The Artist Former Known as USL (TAFKAUSL) went three downs and out to open Saturday night's debacle in Tiger Stadium, Domanick Davis did what he did best, returning the ensuing punt 49 yards.

Accordingly, TAFKAUSL decided it wasn't going to lose that way. So, like repeatedly walking Barry Bonds, the Ragin' Cajuns' next six punts went out of bounds.

It didn't help, of course, in a 48-0 whipping that further showed there is a world of difference between the have and the have nots among Louisiana's five Division I-A football teams. Four of them should be playing in Division I-AA.

They know it, you know it, I know it and their mommas know it.

While Tulane was adding mightily to the misery of The Artist Formerly Known as Northeast Louisiana University (TAFKANLU), even Louisiana Tech was losing to Rice.

Here are some numbers to consider: TAFKANLU, now 0-5, has been outscored 208-52. Yikes. Tech is 2-4 and has been outscored 195-145. Tulane is 2-3 and, because of the whipping of TAFKANLU, has actually outscored opponents 153-152. And LSU's latest fodder, TAFKAUSL, is 1-4 and been outscored 150-69. Heck, the best showing Saturday by a Louisiana team, besides LSU, was probably Division I-AA McNeese State, which did itself proud in a 38-14 defeat at Nebraska.

But back to LSU, which is 4-1 after its fourth consecutive victory. The Tigers, who have outscored their opponents 155-56 (remembering, of course, that includes The Citadel, Miami, Ohio, and TAFKAUSL) now get to the serious part of their schedule, starting with Saturday's game at Florida.

Sure, LSU fans took glee in Ole Miss's upset of the Gators, but they were letting their hearts overrule their brains for two reasons: First, wouldn't you rather Florida be coming off a victory than a defeat when you have to go to The Swamp? And, second, LSU would have been much better served by having Ole Miss lose.

As it stands now, especially after Arkansas let Tennessee off the hook in overtime, Auburn and Ole Miss share the Western Division lead at 2-0. LSU is 1-0 and Arkansas is 1-1. Alabama is 1-1 and ineligible to win the title, while Mississippi State is out of it at 0-3.

The next three weeks are going to be tough for the Tigers, who have yet to convince us they have a consistent passing attack and will be without power running back LaBrandon Toefield, who broke his arm. Toefield, by the way, is like that old line about if it weren't bad luck he'd have no luck at all.

He's had both knees reconstructed, one in high school and the other at the end of last season, and now this. Anyway, LSU goes to Florida, comes home for South Carolina and then goes to Auburn before getting what will be a much-needed off week.

Then comes the stretch run of Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss and Arkansas. LSU moved up four places to No. 15 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll and xx spots to No. 18 in The Associated Press Top 25.

Clearly the season-opening loss at Virginia Tech did not take the Tigers out of serious postseason contention. Getting into the BCS mix is now again within reach and the next three weeks will determine just how close LSU is.

I sure am glad he set me straight. Boy, what was I thinking... trying to support Louisiana Tech? In fact, why do we even need more than one university in the whole state? No other school could possibly match LSU's superior reputation.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    I sent him an e-mail, calling him an LSU bootlicker and ripping him for failing to list the schedule Tech had played. Here's the return e-mail I received:

--

You miss the point completely.
    For starters, I didn't go to LSU nor do I root for LSU. Generally I hope LSU does well because I usually like the kids and coaches.
    I like Tech. Always have and always have been treated really well there. But I think Tech, ULM, ULL and Tulane should play I-AA football.
    That's all.
    But I did like the bootlicker line.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    At least he included Tulane ... Some dope from the Aggrovate said that LSU needed a rival and that Tulane had proven their worth as a 1-A team ... About as much as any of the rest of us.

Using LSU as an example is also pretty poor. He needs to remember that the recent on the field accomplishments of LSU, until last season, were not all that impressive. LSU is not far removed from losses to UAB and Houston and an embarrasing loss to Notre Dame when Notre Dame was terrible. At least they got a chance to avenge that loss. Let us also not forget their narrow escape from SJSU.

By using the "on the field" argument, LSU should have gone 1-AA a few years back, leaving only Tulane and Tech as the lone 1-A represenatives in the state.

Neither should happen. When a regional 1-A conference forms that includes a mix of the in-state teams with some good regional rivalries, Louisiana will have a multitude of choices at different levels of play. It seems to work for the 3 1-A schools in Mississippi.

Wait a second! Doesn't Mississippi have about 1/3 the population of Louisiana? Isn't Mississippi State terrible and isn't Southern Miss in a similar boat to Tulane? Heck, maybe Mississippi State and Southern Miss should reconsider their affiliation with 1-A.

Makes sense to me ...

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    One more thing ... I guess replacing in-state schools with the likes of Duke, Rutgers and Baylor is a better idea except that I am sure their schedules are locked up for centuries with their on the field performance. Folks need those freebie wins. Actually now that I think about it, where are the non-conference home games going to come from WITHOUT the non-BCS teams. Maybe he is advocating that 1-A teams should be able to count 4 1-AA games towards bowl eligibility.

They gotta get their 7 home games from somewhere and without non-BCS teams to schedule, it gets hard to schedule. Now that I think about it, I like the idea of an LSU schedule with Clemson, Penn State, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M on it. I bet they don't get out of the gate 4-0 as much with that schedule. The fans only like it in theory. When it results in losing seasons, they would much rather have "easy" teams on the schedule.

I wonder what he thinks about UConn? They will not only avoid the 1-AA shakedown, they will be rewarded with a BCS conference bid despite their horrific performance and lackluster attendance.

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    Arkansas lost to Alabama on September 28 and lost that incredible OT game at Knoxville Saturday night. Lets see, 1 loss +1 loss=2 losses. I think Lee should proof read his column.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Lee Fwhateverhisnameis is a friggin IDIOT, so ANYTHING he writes is not surprising.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Here is my email to him:

Mr. Feinswog,

I read, with a great deal of amusement, your recent column about the Louisiana state schools. It always cracks me up when the lsu "hacks" (and yes, I realize you guys all deny any soft feelings toward lsu) climb up on their high horse and declare where and how other state athletic programs "should" be playing. And no, you're not the first. I see you are getting your material from Mr. Dubois as he wrote this exact same article a few years ago, after an embarrassing lsu loss.
    Here is a quote from you I found interesting: "It didn't help, of course, in a 48-0 whipping that further showed there is a world of difference between the have and the have nots among Louisiana's five Division I-A football teams. Four of them should be playing in Division I-AA."
    So, you are using a final score to base a school's divisional wherewithal? In that case, in 1998 Louisiana Tech beat the school you condescendingly mock as TAFKAUSL 77-19. 58 Points---which is more than 48 points. And save the spin--we pulled our starters early too. So by using the same flawed judgement, if TECH is to be 1-AA, looks like lsu should hitch their wagon there as well.
    I know, sounds ridiculous doesn't it? But then again, I'm just looking at things from your point of view.
    Tell you what, here's a deal. We'll worry about ourselves and where we need to be (and continue to be successful, I might add) and you Baton Rouge guys worry about keeping lsu on the straight and narrow. Given their propensity to cheating, it should be a full time job.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Watch out. Here comes AustinDawg

Ouch. Fienswog

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Lee is just confused because he has been hitting his

FineBong

just a little too often...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    I was against scheduling LSU when the announcement was made by Skip Bertman because I felt that we would now be lumped-in with the ULX's as "those other teams that play 1A in Louisiana." Well, my fear is becoming a reality. This man is putting us in UL-L's caliber and we haven't even played the Tigers yet. If Tech, the WAC champions, don't belong in 1A football, then there are at least 50 or 60 other schools that don't belong either.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    I was against scheduling LSU when the announcement was made by Skip Bertman because I felt that we would now be lumped-in with the ULX's as "those other teams that play 1A in Louisiana." Well, my fear is becoming a reality. This man is putting us in UL-L's caliber and we haven't even played the Tigers yet. If Tech, the WAC champions, don't belong in 1A football, then there are at least 50 or 60 other schools that don't belong either.
    This is an EXCELLENT Post!

In spite of the Rice debacle, which I think we'll overcome, we will be ranked about the same at the end of the year as we started. (This assumes, of course, that JBII and crew will take note of some of the excellent advice given on BB&B and implement some of it!!)

The point is -- which the writer apparently did not not even consider -- is that without the "mid-major" I-A teams as we are, the BCS schools could not survive in the current set-up. If they didn't have "respectable, reasonably ranked" I-A schools for OOC games they would all virtually wind up 6 - 6 as they went head to head!!

He basically revealed - although I am sure he is not smart enough to recognise this - that he is simply a "YALIS" (Yet Another Low Intelligence Sportwriter) , caught up in his own self aggrandisement.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    ....... If they didn't have "respectable, reasonably ranked" I-A schools for OOC games they would all virtually wind up 6 - 6 as they went head to head!!

He basically revealed - although I am sure he is not smart enough to recognise this - that he is simply a "YALIS" (Yet Another Low Intelligence Sportwriter) , caught up in his own self aggrandisement.
    Hey, you get Lee's weekly TV program in Houston, or are you just psychic?? :lol: :wink:

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Careful T, with the comments about the uLX's.

See http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_...02/10/01/1_10/
    and you'll see there that there's not much difference between Tech and at least one of the x's.

A virginia Tech assistant in Lafayette has already sparked more interest than they've had in 20 years .. and if thier fundraising machine gets cranked up like it once was, the UL in Lafayette has far greater potential than Ruston in that category as a mini-sleeping giant.

Util then, the budgets are equal and Tech's overall program ranked behind ULL's per the above article.

So it's like Gravy Patterson often said... DON'T GET TOO COCKY to think our poop don't stink.

#45 Rice
    #66 Hawaii
    #71 Fresno State
    #84 SMU
    #94 Tulsa
    #117 San Jose State
    #122 Nevada
    #131 Southern Baton Rouge
    #135 Boise State
    #151 McNeese
    #154 MiddleTennessee
    #155 Louisiana Lafayette
    #157 Louisiana Tech
    #172 Northwestern State
    #200+ UTEP Not listed in top 200

TO my recollection, this guy hasn't writen much about the LSU faculty members lawsuit vs. athletics, thier first name basis with the NCAA rules and infractions committee, their ineligible track athletes and their illegitimate track championship where, according to the CBS comentator , home cooking won them a national championship when an LSU official failed to disqualify LSU in a blatent exchange violation. And he didn't write about thier baseball teams' role in squabble with ULL in the BR regional.

But then again, he's a water polo player (really) from Sarycuse & Southern Illinois, so what in the sam blazes does he know about football anyway?

+ Reply to Thread