+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tulsa center quits

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    A Tulsa TV station has reported that 6-10 center J.T. Ivie has quit the Tulsa team. He would be the 2nd true center to quit since last season ended as 6-10 Jack Ingrahm transfered to Illinois.

Tulsa will be small and young in the post now having to count on two freshmen Aliou Kieta 6-8 / 260 , and Anthony Price 6-8 / 230.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    A Tulsa TV station has reported that 6-10 center J.T. Ivie has quit the Tulsa team. He would be the 2nd true center to quit since last season ended as 6-10 Jack Ingrahm transfered to Illinois.

Tulsa will be small and young in the post now having to count on two freshmen Aliou Kieta 6-8 / 260 , and Anthony Price 6-8 / 230.
    Our big men will be licking their chops when they hear about this. This will be a great basketball season for Louisiana Tech. Of course Jerry Tarkanian confused us with a football team last year.
    ________
    SY85
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Varsity Bulldog TUfan is an unknown
    I wouldn't start licking just yet.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUfan
    I wouldn't start licking just yet.
    I'm inclined to agree with you TUfan. From what I remember of the games last year, I think Tulsa hurt us more with their outside shooting than their inside game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    [quote:d93c1824eb="TUfan"]I wouldn't start licking just yet.
    I'm inclined to agree with you TUfan. From what I remember of the games last year, I think Tulsa hurt us more with their outside shooting than their inside game.[/quote:d93c1824eb]

Actually it was a combination...
    In Tulsa-- KJ scores 19, snags 10 rebounds-- Harrington 16 pts, 7 rbds, 7 assists-- Swanson 11 pts-- Parker 10 (link to box score-- http://tulsahurricane.ocsn.com/sport...021602aaa.html )

In Ruston-- KJ scores 24 pts, hits two three pointers (5 rebounds)-- Parker 11-- Davis 10 (10 rbds too)-- Reed 8 pts (including game winning 3pt shot) [box score-- http://tulsahurricane.ocsn.com/sport...11702aaa.html]

Also, our best 3-pt shooter was injured during the first minute of the game in Ruston (Swanson).

We're dangerous.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm sorry to inform you, Dawg04, that Tulsa didn't lose any of their starting big men. They still have Kevin Johnson who killed us in Ruston last year along with Charlie ???? and Marcus Ledouix. In my opinion, Johnson is the best player in our conference (He's a two time all-conference player who can hold his own against anybody in the country. He embarrassed Meeking and Zach at our place last year hitting over 30 points.) I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Tulsa is a top ten team this year".

I do, however, think that we can hold our own if certain contingencies are met. If Darian Brown's attitude and tenacity is spread throughout our entire squad, we'll be a force.

I can only hope that our big men worked hard to improve their offensive games this summer. I don't know if it's coaching, lack of desire or what but Meeking should have polished his offensive arsenal much more than we saw last year. He's got all the talent and ability in the world, but he hasn't developed the "skills"(perfected talent) to correspond with it. I think he needs to shoot the mid-range jumper (even if he misses it sometimes) and be the focal point of our offense. I saw him hit that shot the year before last. Richard should give him the green light. What's it gonna hurt? Our shooting percentage? Zach also needs to be given a bigger margin of error on the offensive side of the ball. Success breeds confidence. But if you aren't given a legitimate opportunity, you can't be successful. That's my two cents for now.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Boxer,

did I ever say Tulsa lost any of their starting big men? I said they lost a 6-10, 300 lb center and now have very little depth in the post. If Johnson and Davis get in foul trouble all Tulsa has is two freshman. One is very raw and the other is 6-6, 235. I think a 6-10, 288 lb Zach Johnson will have no problems pushing them around.

The reason Tulsa beat Tech in Ruston is that they shot 75% from the field in the 2nd half.

I think Tech wins in Ruston, Tulsa in Tulsa this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Boxer,

did I ever say Tulsa lost any of their starting big men? I said they lost a 6-10, 300 lb center and now have very little depth in the post. If Johnson and Davis get in foul trouble all Tulsa has is two freshman. One is very raw and the other is 6-6, 235. I think a 6-10, 288 lb Zach Johnson will have no problems pushing them around.

The reason Tulsa beat Tech in Ruston is that they shot 75% from the field in the 2nd half.

I think Tech wins in Ruston, Tulsa in Tulsa this year.
    JT wouldn't have played anyway-- his 300# would have never made it down the court with our team. 75% without our best shooter isn't bad. Good thing we're better this year.

+ Reply to Thread