+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sporting news WAC preview

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    A Tulsa fan is going thru the basketball preview magazines and posting one every few days on the Tulsa board...... (thanks to TUFAN)

The WAC is DeCourcy's #10 conference.

Tulsa is #21

KJ #18 Power Forward

10 other formidable back courts (after the top 10): Tulsa (Seneca Collins, Jason Parker, Antonio Reed, and Dante Swanson)

(WAC article by Eric Prisbell, Fresno Bee)
    Predictions:
    1. Tulsa (NCAA Tourney pick)
    2. Hawaii (NCAA Tourney pick)
    3. La Tech
    4. Fresno State
    5. Nevada
    6. SMU
    7. Rice
    8. UTEP
    9. SJSU
    10. Boise St.

Preseason All-conference
    first team:
    Dante Swanson
    Antonio Reed
    Carl English
    KJ
    Antonio Meeking

second team:
    Quinton Ross (SMU)
    Damon Jackson (FSU)
    Kirk Snyder (Nevada)
    Michael Harris (Rice)
    Phil Martin (Hawaii)

POY: Carl English
    Newcomer OY: Bryan Hopkins
    Honor roll:
    best shooter: Dante
    best playmaker: Mark Campbell
    dunker: Noel Felix
    NBA prospect: Kirk Snyder
    Most likely to blossom: patrick simpson
    best rebounder: michael harris
    defender: dante
    game coach: Wallace
    versatile: English
    willing to take a charge: DeManby

Ranking the Recruiting:
    Tulsa
    Hawaii
    LaTech
    SMU
    Fresno
    SHSU
    UTEP
    Nevada
    Rice
    Boise

Apparently Hawaii likes the USA chant, so we need to stop doing it.

"Tulsa appears to be the team to beat, but Hawaii, which has the WAC's best player in Carl English, is not far behind."

Ascending: La Tech
    Decending: Fresno

Biggest sneakers to fill:
    Ely
    Savovic
    Harrington
    Most underrated player: Fresno's DeManby
    Coach on the Hot Seat: Dement
    Best Bets: (this one cracks me up) "NCAA investigators will stay away from Fresno State for at least one year. ... Louisiana Tech will not sell out a game at its Thomas Assembly Center despite having one of the WAC's best teams. ... Tulsa will steal the WAC Tournament title back from Hawaii. ... nevada's Kirk Snyder will be listed as a first-round pick on several mock NBA drafts."

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I'd say those predictions look about right. I wonder who will replace Savovic for Hawaii. He and Ely were the two best players in conference last year and those guys will not be replaced with players as good as they were. I think SMU might be a little better than 6th and I am a little nervous about our team not knowing how we'll replace Gerrod. I like being picked 3rd though.

Varsity Bulldog TUfan is an unknown
    If I had known you were going to post that over here, I would have written about you too! it's really a good preview if you get a chance to pick it up.

+ Reply to Thread