+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Techsters to wear sleevless uniforms

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Read the entire story at www.latechbbb.com

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    will feel about this -

I have known about this change for about 3 weeks but didn't post it due to the fact I didn't want to be seen as Techster bashing...

I have it on good authority that they will also be sporting a new color also - Tech Blue...

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    They must have seen our poll... :?: :wink:

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    They must have actually talked to designers, marketers etc ...

I am not sure how much squeaky wheeling from this board got things done but it appears things are looking up in Ruston.

I hope you are right on the blue thing.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Whew..... That is great. No need to keep those nasty ol' traditions, especially those that are known nationally.

Well, you knew I couldn't avoid the sarcasm. I honestly hate to lose the sleeves, but if the players wanted that I guess I can live with it. I still wish that they would keep some of the Techster blue on the uniforms, though. I will have to just wait until I see the new uniform to see if I like them.

I just hope we remain recognizable.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Nike is making the new unis. Does that mean the guys are being outfitted by Nike now also? I like their uniforms and hope they don't change too much if any. I like the TECH BLUE. WAY to go Budke, Leon, whoever made that decision!

Our old supplier was Adidas, right?

I don't really know how all that works. Do they bid on it or does Tech just pick a supplier?

Do we get discounted or free stuff just for using a certain brand?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    From what I understand, which is all hearsay, The coaches work out a deal with suppliers and I think they get a little incentive and of course discounts, freebies for players and etc.

Adidas was the old supplier and last year women's, men's, and football team wore Adidas. I don't know what the football team is wearing this year, I haven't noticed.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I would hope that Tech is getting free uniforms and shoes from Nike or would not have gone in this direction.
    The quality of the product is not nearly as high as that of Adidas and I say that sitting here wearing Nike shoes.
    I acquired a few pair of Adidas while Tech was wearing them and found them excellent. Kids will usually vote for Nike because of the massive advertising and paid use by pros.
    The key factor in selecting a brand of shoes and unis to ACCEPT FREE is how much salary supplement is provided for the coaches! Winning our bowl this season and getting both men and women to the NCAA tournament could improve contracts for next year!
    I hope the women's teams will be SELLING OLD uniforms to fans! If they throw away a single well-worn part of a uniform, they are making a big mistake!
    I still see young women wearing Techster T shirts, shorts, etc., right here in Hog City. And I have played pickup games in the off season that included Lady Backs who had attended Techster camps in the past and still kept their Techster camp gear.
    I would be pleased to see our teams with any brand of uniform or shoes if Tech gets the right profit from using them. Win or lose, every TV game is a major advertisement for the products used by the players.
    Aren't the Bulldogs using the old standby Russell Athletic jersies this year? Russell's red, white and blue logo goes with Tech colors exactly! I just don't know that they ever give away any. They don't have to. Russell is the default supplier for every team that can't get freebies and the quality of Russell's garments isn't questioned. They don't make shoes. That is why shoemakers added garments over the years to get their logo all over the unis. I suspect most of these things come from the same factories overseas anyway.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Whew..... That is great. No need to keep those nasty ol' traditions, especially those that are known nationally.
    I'd be willing to bet that if you took a number of people familiar with WBB and the Techsters and asked what color the Techsters wore, at least half wouldn't know.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    will feel about this -

I have known about this change for about 3 weeks but didn't post it due to the fact I didn't want to be seen as Techster bashing...

I have it on good authority that they will also be sporting a new color also - Tech Blue...
    Then I guess that means that the shade of blue at Tech has officially changed from Columbia blue to true blue. I believe the Lady Techsters were the last sports team at Tech to have the older blue color.

Hate to see the sleeves go, it's such a great tradition, but if the players don't like it, not a whole lot you can do about it. It's just more comfortable to wear sleeveless jerseys I guess.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I'd be willing to bet that if you took a number of people familiar with WBB and the Techsters and asked what color the Techsters wore, at least half wouldn't know.[/quote]

There you would be wrong. Go over to the ESPN WBB top 25 board and take a poll.

Many Tech people didn't and don't realize how known the Techsters are nationally. Peopel that follow wbb certainly know all about them - and that population is growing very rapidly. Casual fans of wbb and people that know just a little also know the name and most could recognize the Techsters as well.

What is done is done, though. I can move on. It just seems that in our quest for success and building a reputation and tradition in other things, we have a tendency to throw out other traditions. It is not until years down the road that we see that a mistake was made.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I hope someone at practice got photos of both men and women in practice outfits at least on this first day of practice.
    I went by Walton Arena and watched a few minutes of MIDNIGHT MADNESS. The Hogs have new uniforms. I have asked for the last half of the day off to attend the Dawg-Hog battle on Dec. 10.
    The Hogs have some better looking uniforms, less cluttered and with a better version of the Razorback cardinal color from Nike. I never have understood putting more than one color on a uniform outside of the numbers and logos.
    I hope that is what we see on the Techsters and Dunkin Dawgs, clean and simple and in solid red, white or blue for various situations!
    The Hogs looked sloppy, but they have three exhibition games and five real games before the Dawgs visit Fayetteville.
    A lot of people see me wearing Tech shirts and caps on the UA campus and I hope to be part of a large group of Tech fans that night! There are now direct flights to XNA (the new airport 25 miles from Fayetteville that took all the commercial flights out of Fayetteville's municipal airport, Drake Field). Maybe a group can order tickets to come up from Houston. The Dawgs will need a lot of support in 20,000-seat Walton Arena.
    I notice that the LadyBacks will be in Houston for the Rice tournament with Northwestern State and Idaho State. Also, USL's women play the LadyBacks in Little Rock.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I'd be willing to bet that if you took a number of people familiar with WBB and the Techsters and asked what color the Techsters wore, at least half wouldn't know.

There you would be wrong. Go over to the ESPN WBB top 25 board and take a poll.

Many Tech people didn't and don't realize how known the Techsters are nationally. Peopel that follow wbb certainly know all about them - and that population is growing very rapidly. Casual fans of wbb and people that know just a little also know the name and most could recognize the Techsters as well.

What is done is done, though. I can move on. It just seems that in our quest for success and building a reputation and tradition in other things, we have a tendency to throw out other traditions. It is not until years down the road that we see that a mistake was made.
    Well, so far, out of two people I've asked that are familiar with wbb and the Techsters, neither knew what color they wear. I will concede, however, that those who are avid followers of wbb would know their colors, however that's not very many people. I'll even go so far as to say that of those that know what colors they wear, some wouldn't know if they were playing on t.v. without having to look to see which schools' names were on the scoreboard. In fact, they would most likely think they were UNC whose colors are the same or at least close to the Techsters. Conversely, if someone were flipping through the channels watching football and came across ND, Penn St., Tenn, Texas, Alabama, etc... there would be no mistaking them even though they have more generic colors. Now that's tradition.

The difference, of course, is as you pointed out-in the following of the sport. Since hardly anyone has really followed, and still really doesn't follow wbb, to any significant extent, it doesn't really matter what color they've traditionally worn considering that when wbb does finally become a major venue, the majority of fans will not have known what color the Techsters wore 30-40 years earlier. Let's just hope that the Lady Techsters are still an integral part of the wbb scene when that occurs.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    What do you get when you mix UNC's Smurf Blue and White with a little water?

Laundry Detergent

+ Reply to Thread