+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Techsters to wear sleevless uniforms

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Champ, to be fair, the folks on the ESPN womens basketball message board are womens basketball FREAKS ... They know. The casual fan however, likely does not.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I am staying away from arguing about this. I am willing to go with it - what choice do I have? I think it is the wrong decision, when there is a good solution (already been floated on another thread).

I am just ready to get the season started. I can't wait to see the Techsters destroy Texas Tech.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    That's right, Champ... come on over to the dark side... :twisted:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I am staying away from arguing about this. I am willing to go with it - what choice do I have? I think it is the wrong decision, when there is a good solution (already been floated on another thread).

I am just ready to get the season started. I can't wait to see the Techsters destroy Texas Tech.
    If they have a harrible year again this year, ya'll can blame it on NO sleeves and the uniform change...

I hear alot of poor-mouthing and hound dogging coming from the Techster faithful, seems like Techster Nation is ready to swallow that bitter "average" pill and face up to the inevitable now that Leon is gone -

I think Bundke has his work cut out from him and there will be no honeymoon period - not with the way last season ended...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    That is exactly OPPOSITE from what people that went to the Welcome Back Supper stated that I talked to. They came away pumped up, but knew that they had to have patience.

Average is NOT something that will be accepted. The Techsters have a recruiting class that can kick some *%## this year and next year even more.

I can't wait for this season.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Are the blue hairs gonna open up their checkbooks instead of the casserole dishes?

That's the only way the Lady Techsters will remain a dominant program.

My hair ain't blue. I am a 30 something male. I follow Tech football and basketball and love the Techster program. Doesn't really fit your profile, does it?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    In that case, I would guess he is not talking about you. :wink:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    My hair ain't blue. I am a 30 something male. I follow Tech football and basketball and love the Techster program. Doesn't really fit your profile, does it?
    That you are in the vast minority...

The point that I was making was that there are more than just Blue Hairs that go to the Techster games. Yes, the majority of people at the games are over 50, but there are plenty of families with children there as well.

I remember the early 80's when old Memorial Gym was packed with students and families. If we are losing that, we shouldn't be knocking it, we should be marketing it.

That I'm at every home game - basically regardless of sport -

Only when Tenn or UConn rolls into town is there a nix mixture of famlies and younger kids (groups, schools, teams, etc) and students -

The other 12 to 13 games - I would be willing to beat the mean avg age would be in the low to mid 50's and it has been that way since about the mid 90's...

The core group of support is fast dying off...

We need to fix that then. The best way to do that is a National Championship.

2006 BB&B Women's Bracket Contest Champion SDDawg has turned a few heads around hereSDDawg has turned a few heads around here SDDawg's Avatar
    As someone who lives a good distance away from Louisiana now, I thought I'd add my experience to this thread. The night I met my boyfriend, where we went to college came up. When I told him that I went to Tech he and his roommate said "oh, they have a really good women's basketball team there". I thought that was really cool that that was the one thing that these guys from Maryland knew about my school because I'm the daughter of two Tech grads, attended Lady Techster games all my life, went to Lady Techster camp and finally walked on to the team my freshman year. Then of course, I quickly informed them of all the OTHER things they should know about Tech. They're well educated now and have been listening along with me every Saturday for the football games!! Granted, I've had to watch my share of Maryland and Virginia Tech games, too....

And kind of along the lines of the conversation in this thread....I rented Love and Basketball a year or so ago and had a couple of people over at my apartment to watch. For those of you who haven't seen it, the girl in the movie plays basketball at USC. There are several game scenes and in one of them USC is playing Tech. There is no writing on the jerseys....only the Columbia blue uniform with the sleeves on the jersey. I was very pleasantly surprised and one of my friends (who is from Montana) goes "isn't that the uniform Tech girl's wear? Cause I think they're the only ones that still wear sleeves, right?" Yet again, surprised...actually pretty shocked at that one. I hate to see the very distinguishable sleeves go but as someone who has played alot of basketball (in an un-air conditioned gym in Shreveport in the summer), I can understand and appreciate it.

Anyway, that's just the perspective of someone who lives very much away from people that would know anything about Louisiana Tech and north Lousiana.

Thanks SDDawg. Good to see your post.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Good post SDDawg. How much women's basketball does your friend watch if you don't mind me asking?

+ Reply to Thread