+ Reply to Thread

Thread: an idea to get more fans + atmosphere

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light
    We could have a FREE concert before the game. Advertisers could pay for it, maybe that steakhouse and spirits place down the road. Even better, we could have a battle of the bands all day long. The winner, or the top two, could play at that steakhouse at night for the title. This would get more people out for the pre-game activities, and more into the stands. KLPI can put it on, so it builds their name and gives the students experience. Art could design and print up flyers to post around campus, and marketing students could come up with ideas on how to advertise it and the game. I think the administration would like this, because you get a lot of student groups in on it. Its all a learning experience.

I don't know what it would take to get it done; I'm just proposing an idea.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Don't forget there will be a concert in the tailgating area b4 the Fresno game.

The Kattawar Brothers from Memphis, TN.

:drum:

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    The Kattawar Brothers will blow the house down. I just hope people will leave them to go watch the game!!!

TD
    ~~

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar
    For a better atmosphere....allow beer/alcohol at the football venue

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    I agree with you, but Ruston is having a hard time just catching up to selling it in the town. It will be a long time before they have it in the stadium.

I read an article on Baylor football yesterday in the Dallas Morning paper. They are very comparable in size of stadium, etc. They, of course, do not allow alcohol in the stadium, but have a place right across the street that sells it and the place is packed on game nights. So, EVEN BAYLOR understands this concept better than we do. They are about as conservative as it gets. We are a public univeristy that needs to move up in time.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    If you are referring to selling it at the stadium, it is against NCAA rules to sell alcohol at the stadium that is on a college campus.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macp38
    [quote:b16ed04a49="qng001"]For a better atmosphere....allow beer/alcohol at the football venue
    If you are referring to selling it at the stadium, it is against NCAA rules to sell alcohol at the stadium that is on a college campus.[/quote:b16ed04a49]

I don't think that's exactly correct. I think you can get a waiver from the NCAA. If I'm not mistaken, I think Fresno St. sells beer at their games. I don't know if it's on campus, though.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I think Dirtydawg is right, but I think many schools simply redraw the campus line. That would be very simple for us.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by splicer
    We could have a FREE concert before the game. Advertisers could pay for it, maybe that steakhouse and spirits place down the road. Even better, we could have a battle of the bands all day long. The winner, or the top two, could play at that steakhouse at night for the title. This would get more people out for the pre-game activities, and more into the stands. KLPI can put it on, so it builds their name and gives the students experience. Art could design and print up flyers to post around campus, and marketing students could come up with ideas on how to advertise it and the game. I think the administration would like this, because you get a lot of student groups in on it. Its all a learning experience.

I don't know what it would take to get it done; I'm just proposing an idea.
    I think that's a really good idea.

Personally, I'd like to see the Union Board get in to something like that. They could have bands before all home football games. Probably for less $$ than what it costs to get some lame magician to perform in the student center, they could bring in a band.

Maybe something like the "Union Board Tailgate Series" -- fire up that big pit the school has, grill some burgers, print up some t-shirts, and have bands. They've got $$ to use, it could be a real fun thing done right -- more fun, and better attended than, again, a magician in the Tonk, I'd say...

I'd also like to see it done, perhaps, in conjunction with a real push by UB/SGA for student tailgating. Give them a designated area, get the organizations involved.

Making games more fun wouldn't be too hard, and it'd bring more students out -- especially it were organized properly.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light
    We have the student tailgating area that surrounds a mini concert arena. The organizations can put their letters back up at their tailgate party, and we have a lot more students out there. I like the t-shirt idea. This way the UB can maybe make some money from this, so they can provide more and better bands.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar
    What an elegantly simple idea!! Just re-draw the campus line! Now, Ruston being Ruston, I think we will have live nude mudwrestling at halftime before they sell beer at Aillet.

Puppy MizterTea is an unknown
    You suckas want people in the stands - how about lettin' T throw your sorry foo' football team helluva far !

a legend in Germany, Hasselhoff displays his La Tech Pride !

+ Reply to Thread