+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maricle back on team

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Isn't it our old D coordinator, John Thompson?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    He's at Florida now.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Nutt is the OC. Steve Womack, who was at USM last year, is the DC.

Puppy bigdawg99 is an unknown
    I do know for a fact that he has been using the weightroom at the fieldhouse and working with our strength coaches. This sounds like he is reinstated to me.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Bobdawg,

Mickey Slaughter came on here and said that he was not on the team. It sounds like he is NOT reinstated to me.

Dead horse

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg99
    I do know for a fact that he has been using the weightroom at the fieldhouse and working with our strength coaches. This sounds like he is reinstated to me.
    No, it sound like EXACTLY what you say, if it's true. He was a former member of the team, and if Coach or the strength coaches want to work with him ON THE SIDE, they are more than welcome to do so. The two can be TOTALLY unrelated, and I put MUCH more faith in Coach Slaughter than ANYONE on this board.

Now, have YOU SEEN him IN the weightroom and have YOU SEEN the coaches working with him. If not, then you don't know FOR A FACT. And if you HAVE, then were there other players around, were the coaches working with them, explain EXACTLY what you SAW.

TDF

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Here's what I was told by a source that I am POSITIVE knows the real deal on this: Maricle is still in school, and is still on scholarship, but is [glow=red:fd5c4fe76a]NOT [/glow:fd5c4fe76a]on the football team. His scholarship was renewed for this academic year prior to the incident which caused him to get booted from the team. It cannot be pulled until the end of the academic year.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I used to go work out in the varsity weight room sometimes when I was a Tech student but that didn't mean I was on the team. Even today, when students have another facility to work out in, many who aren't on the team use the weight room, I suspect. For instance, redshirts, coaches, privileged friends of the program, guys who just walk in and start lifting, trainers, guys rehabilitating themselves in hope of proving to the coaches that they are ready to be returned to the team!!!!!!

DonW, the list of Razorback criminals makes Dawg miscreants sound like nothing! I wouldn't be surprised if there is a full-time probation officer assigned to the UA campus now!

I would hope the young man in question was punished appropriately and eventually IS able to return to the team. And it would have to be the responsibility of the coaching staff to decide when and if that occurs.
    How he should be treated or talked about here is fodder for the religion board, Christian Chatter, etc. I personally believe in trying to rehabilitate everyone who is willing to be rehabilitated unless the crime is a capital crime and proven beyond all doubt.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    In my own humble opinion, I think this is a case of another nut case trying to stir the pot and get folks riled up. Looks like it worked to some degree, too. Not to worry folks, believe what Coach Mick says, and take it to the bank. However, if anyone who has done something to warrant being ejected from a game, or removed from the team, they certainly should be able to repent, mend their ways, and be allowed to continue. The second time is a different story.

TD
    ~~

Puppy bigdawg99 is an unknown
    I am so glad you all believe exactly what Coach Slaughter has to say. Believe what you want, but I am in the football office everyday. I know what is happening at practice, in the weight room, and on the field during the games. You wouldn't believe all the stuff I could say and the only reason I even bring up Maricle is because he is still a negative influence.

Doubt what I say all you want, but Big Mick hasn't been to a practice that I have seen in two weeks! Maricle is on the team, no matter what anyone else says. He is in the locker room, weight room, and interacting with players and coaches. This is after Coach Bicknell said " We will not stand for this at Louisiana Tech. He is no longer part of our program." Just another case of Bick not having the guts to stand up to a decision. He is the problem with our football team and until we do something about it, we will not be consistantly good.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I know nothing about Maricle other than what i have read on this board. I have never met or talked to him. If he deserves a second chance, I think he should get it. If he screws up again, I'm sure he'll be gone. Why should those who post on this board judge those that we do not know? Maybe you can tell us why he should not get a second chance? I would think that playing football would have a positive effect on his life. As you grow older and wiser you will discover that everything is not black and white. Are you a member of the football team since you say you are at every practice and in the dressing room and weight room every day?

This guy is the one that used to post under Bobdawg, and was constantly making negative remarks about Bicknell. It seems like he said he was formerly a team manager or something, and he has personal issues with the coach. Believe me, the person who told me Maricle is not on the team is a much better source than this guy, no matter who or what he is. And my source is not Coach Slaughter, but Hey Bobdawg, you're dang right if Mickey says it we believe it. Over YOU? bwahaha, it's no contest.

+ Reply to Thread