+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 Roster

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    At the first practice this morning that was open to the public they passed out the roster which is updated with correct heights and weights.

Guard
    LaVelle Felton 6-5, 190
    Eric Woods 6-4, 200
    Bruce Edwards 6-1, 165
    Michael Wilder 6-2, 175
    Marcelle Davis 6-2, 227
    Brian Martin 6-1, 165

Wing
    Darrian Brown 6-6, 229
    Corey Dean 6-4, 208

Wayne Powell 6-9 , 253
    Antonio Meeking 6-8, 265
    Joe Sykes 6-10, 257
    Zach Johnson, 6-10, 288

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    The version I was handed this morning had both Zach Johnson and Joe Sykes at 6-9. Strange.

Did you hear anything about Brian Martin?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    How did Dean look at 208? I am guessing that's a good bit heavier than what he played at in HS. Did anyone stand out? Give us something to get excited about!

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Bulldog basketball comes right after breathing on my priority list and I can hardly wait for the season to begin.

Saturday morning's practice was real controlled, with Coach Richard introducing the basic offenses/defenses and quickly moving on. Generally, and as expected, I thought the veterans looked best.

Remember the old "where's the beef" commercials? Well, it's in Ruston. We have five big guys that can play and I didn't see anybody back down. Joe Sykes moves better than I expected (first time I've seen him dressed out) and I thought Wayne Powell came to play. The team didn't forget how to rebound over the summer.

Lavelle Felton looked good yesterday. Bruce Edwards is my favorite player (nuff said) and it was nice seeing Marcelle Davis back. Darrian Brown moved well without the ball (duh), but I kept losing him in the paint. Michael Wilder got some looks and Brian Martin was absent.

Someone else will have to address the Corey Dean question. Never seen him before and was a little surprised he was playing the 3 position. Suspect ignorance on my part.

SID folks said the Media Guide goes to press next week. That should hold me over until November 6th.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    What happened to Thompson, the 6-7 JC transfer?

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Dean played his senior year at Ruston high at around 200 so he's not carrying any extra weight and if he is it will be gone by the time the season starts.

Barry Thompson did not graduate from JUCO and will be on campus and in class in March and be eligible next year. Technically he would be eligible for the WAC tourney and NCAA tourney but why waste a whole year of eligibility for 4 or 5 games.

Marcelle Davis at 227 is way heavier than the last time he played for Tech (he was at 185) but he still made several impressive drives to the hoop.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    What happened to Thompson, the 6-7 JC transfer?
    One credit hour short due to a slip up at the junior college - a coaching change, I believe...

His services will not be available to us to start the year...

Basically, the kid took and passed the classes that he was TOLD to take, and there was an error on the adminsitrative end -

Not only do I feel sorry for us, I feel sorry for the kid - he is the one who truly suffers...

+ Reply to Thread