+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Delete this post"

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    I've just noticed that all my posts are coming up with a very large font blue "Delete this post" at the top. I don't recall seeing this before, but maybe I just missed it.

Can ANYONE click on this and actually delete the post? I've lost two post in the last week that did go up, albeit with the blue delete on them. Could this be what's happening??

Is this normal??

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Can you get a screen shot for us to see? When you see it. Click Alt+Print Scrn and then open up Word or something else and do a paste. Then e-mail it to me at techdawgfan@delphiforums.com

I don't have anything like that. Just an X to delete posts.

Anybody ELSE having this problem?

TDF

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I have it too, but didn't think it was a problem.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Describe to me EXACTLY where it is. Don't worry about being too detailed. Can you see the same on other people's posts? And if so, why don't one of you TRY to delete one of the posts on THIS thread to see if you can do it. Then post in this thread whether it worked or not.

Being an administrator, I see a lot more options and buttons than y'all are supposed to. So I need to know more about the problem to find out IF it's a problem and what has to be done to fix it.

Like I said, a screen shot would be GREAT.

TDF

Got the screen shot. Should be able to fix that. I'll let you know. Thanks for reporting the bug!!!

TDF

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Well, I can't see it on the post you responded to now. Let me post this and see what it does.

Okay this one had it. Let's see if I did this correctly.

Delete this post

That's it, but it's bigger and in blue. It's immediately to the right of the edit button after you make your post. As I said, though, I don't see it on my previous post after logging off and logging back on. Let me see if it's on the posts where I've been hazing Champ110 in the wbb folder.

After further investigation, it seems that the "Delete this post" option only appears on my posts that are at the last posts in their respective threads. For example, I have a post prior to this one that had "Delete this post". I suspect that once this is posted, then that option will appear on this post and not the other one. Then after you post to me after this post, this post will no longer have the option either.

Yep, I went back to check, and I am correct on that.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    I sent you a screen shot about 8:45 PM on Oct 12? Did you receive this?

Yeah, I got it. Let me ask this. On the posts where you no longer see the text, do you see a gray icon with an X. When you put your cursor over it, it should show "Delete This Post"

TDF

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Let me ask this. On the posts where you no longer see the text, do you see a gray icon with an X. When you put your cursor over it, it should show "Delete This Post"

TDF
    No, I don't have that. It looks as though the only delete option I have is when my post is the last one on a thread. The only options I have are reply, quote and edit.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Yeah, I got it. Let me ask this. On the posts where you no longer see the text, do you see a gray icon with an X. When you put your cursor over it, it should show "Delete This Post"

TDF
    Yes, I have another icon, the "Edit" icon with a gray x in in. When I put the cursor over it the help box shows "edit/delete this post"

I THINK I know where the problem is, or AT LEAST which file to look to find the problem!!! Just so you know, there are some 200+ code files associated with the operation of this board.

I imagine that one of the mod's affected this (most likely "Quick Reply" which puts the reply button in the same title bar on every post). It also might be related to the server. We saw some weird things happen when we switched to the Win2K server here.

The admins are talking about how we're going to go forward with installing the mods and it's very likely we're going to start with a clean, unmodified board and build back up from that. We did a lot of things real fast getting this board going and it's probably best to start fresh. This will all be transparent to y'all, but let's see if that fixes the problem before we try to search through 800+ lines of code in 1 of 200 files to TRY to find the glitch.

TDF

Bill and Deano,

We upgraded to the new version of the software tonight. I need y'all to tell me if you are still having this problem now. Feel free to test in this thread.

TDF

Consider it tested.

Okay, now I have the little x button that says delete this post. Is that what you were going for?

+ Reply to Thread