+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Delete this post"

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    That's it. You should have that X on any of your posts and you should be able to delete your own posts with it.

BTW, how do you like the new Shadow and Glow pull downs?

TDF

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    These are the buttons I have:

quote, edit, x, reply.

The x option only appears on my post that isn't followed by another post, though. I think, like the "delete this post" option, it will not be available when you respond to this post.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    OK, here's the deal straight from the horse's mouth. It is working CORRECTLY. You can only delete the last post in a thread and that can only be done by the poster him/her self or an administrator. And administrator CAN delete ANY post though. This is by design by the writers of the program. The reason and logic being if there is a post after your last post, someone MIGHT have been responding directly to that post. If you are able to delete earlier posts, the consistency and flow of the thread might be compromised because if someone refers to that one in a later one, others might now not have a CLUE what is going on.

At least you don't have big blue letters now.

BTW, the pull down's I was talking about are when you are posting a message and they are below the font color and font size pull downs. Before you had buttons.

TDF

+ Reply to Thread