+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sounds like someone we know?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I read this on the LSU/Fla recap on ESPN.com and thought is was interesting. Sound like another Heisman hopeful that we know of?

"Grossman finished 18-for-43 for 163 yards with one touchdown. He threw four interceptions for the second straight week,and now has 11 touchdowns and 14 picks on the season."

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I watched most of that game last night. LSU seemed to know the play before Florida snapped the ball. They had the right coverages called most of the night. Had one pass interception for a touchdown. Don't blame the whole loss on Grossman though, Floridas defense was awful also. I bet Zook wakes up this morning wondering what he stepped into. The swamp was not a happy place to be last night.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Isn't UF's OC a former Northleast coach?

Would you expect anything different?

Florida's problems aside, and they do have problems, LSU's defense is the real deal. Can't go wrong with the #1 ranked D in the nation. Give me a strong defense and I'll take my chances in any sport, any day!

Is this the same LSU team that was humbled in Blacksburg a month or so ago?

The SEC is very weak, by SEC standards, UF and UT are down and I'm still not sold on UGA. Look for LSU to repeat as SEC champs.

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Dirty,
    As I watched the game last night, that is excatly what I was thinking!!! I bet he wishes he would have followed Spurrier to the NFL.

In a way, Florida reminded me a lot of Tech. Having problems running the O after the mastermind heads to the NFL (ie Crowton), has the talent but not executing, "Heisman candidate" (I can't believe I said that!!) falling apart, etc.

For all the "no negative posters", do you think Florida's boards are all positive this am??

Reddawg

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    I also thought I was watching Tech play last night. I was thinking about how different Grossman looked in Spurrier's offense. He was a bona fide Heisman candidate that didn't make many mistakes and threw perfect passes. Last night, and this whole season, he hasn't even looked like a legitimate 1A QB! Their receivers drop passes and don't make plays. No running game to help out the passing game. What a difference a year makes.

What a difference a coaching staff makes! Look how LSU and Florida have switched places in the SEC so fast! Wasn't it just last year that the Gators were killing LSU?!! Saban is worth every penny of the millions they pay him. He is taking LSU to a place where they have never been. I think they are one player (a good QB) away from being up there with Miami. I hate to see them get good right before we have to play them, but, what can you do?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Crowton's BYU team didn't do so good either, losing to Air Force 52-9. Spurrier would have pulled Grossman after that first Int. and gave him a good talking to. Zook will probably be gone after this year.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Arkdawg, I'm not blaming the losss on Grossman. I'm just simply showing how similar his situation is to Luke's.

Dawg80, I'm not trying to take anything away from LSU, but Florida ain't worth crap this year. Keep in mind that LSU's stats come from playing 3 rent a wins and Florida hasn't really beaten anybody of significance. Heck, ULL beat UAB nearly as badly as Florida did and Bowling Green beat Ohio worst.

With that being said, I will say that I think LSU is by far one of the top teams in the SEC because of their defense which, even though realistically may not be #1, they are one of the best around. I think offensively they have a way to go before they are a top 10 team. I have to admit, that I sure didn't think Saban would do what others could, but maybe he is what they needed. LSU is sure doing alot better than I thought they would, but of course, like I said, they haven't really played anybody that outstanding, except for Va Tech, and we know how that turned out.

Be that as it may, I'm not worried about LSU's fortunes. We've got our own problems now, and I'd love to be where they are. Heck, we can't even beat an winless team.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit that if Florida can't snap out of their losing ways right away and even if they do Jimmy Johnson could be talked out of retirement to coach another Florida team. I for one would love to see what he could do.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg
    It wouldn't surprise me one bit that if Florida can't snap out of their losing ways right away and even if they do Jimmy Johnson could be talked out of retirement to coach another Florida team. I for one would love to see what he could do.
    There is no doubt what Jimmy Johnson would do. As evidenced by his dominating coaching reign with Dallas (& at the U. of Miami), the first thing on his agenda would be to YANK WHOEVER IS TURNING THE BALL OVER. That doesn't mean the replacement would then get all the glory plays on offense, it would go to whomever is being most productive for the team!

A BENCHING EXAMPLE immediately sets the tone for the rest of the offensive players. "Turn the ball over due to overthrowing receivers, let passes sail through your hands for a INTs, fumble the ball,... & you'll be watching the game from the sidelines" was Johnson's approach.

Jimmy Johnson never put up with a lack of concentration from any player(s) in games or in practice. That's a key reason why he won so many championships.
    ________
    LAMBORGHINI JALPA SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    [quote="DogsWin"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg
    A BENCHING EXAMPLE immediately sets the tone for the rest of the offensive players. "Turn the ball over due to overthrowing receivers, let passes sail through your hands for a INTs, fumble the ball,... & you'll be watching the game from the sidelines" was Johnson's approach.

Jimmy Johnson never put up with a lack of concentration from any player(s) in games or in practice. That's a key reason why he won so many championships.
    This is an excellent point! If your "top" players are screwing up, you really can't do any worse by putting in the guys down the "current" pecking " order. This often sends a real message to the "better" players. And in many cases, you find that this approach reveals that the "current" pecking order is wrong!!

And the neat thing about a football game is that you can pull your "20 game winner starter" and then put him back in later, unlike in baseball where the coach (manager) decision is final!!

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg80
    Isn't UF's OC a former Northleast coach?

Would you expect anything different?

Florida's problems aside, and they do have problems, LSU's defense is the real deal. Can't go wrong with the #1 ranked D in the nation. Give me a strong defense and I'll take my chances in any sport, any day!

Is this the same LSU team that was humbled in Blacksburg a month or so ago?

The SEC is very weak, by SEC standards, UF and UT are down and I'm still not sold on UGA. Look for LSU to repeat as SEC champs.
    Ed Zaunbrecher is indeed the former coach of ULM (back then NLU). The sad thing is, when he was there, the Indians were respectable. Not good, but not the automatic W they are now. Then when he left, the whole thing fell apart. That said, I never thought he was good enough to coach at a "big-time" program. I thought the same thing about Zook. Looks like now I and everyone else who said so is proving to be right. Of course, we all know Ron Zook was NOT Florida's first choice. More like their fourth or fifth. So what can you do?

I believe the SEC is just as strong as it's always been, it's just that different teams are up there now. The days of Florida and Tennessee dominating are over. The West has caught up to the East. I do think Georgia is the real deal, and if they get past Florida, I would expect them to run the table and be in the national championship picture. LSU will not be in the NC picture unless a LOT of the unbeaten and one-loss teams lose. But we can still have a great season.

Good luck to you guys in the WAC. Hope you run the table the rest of the way and repeat as conference champs.

GEAUX TIGERS!! GO DAWGS!!

Ed Zaunbrecher put Marshall on the map. I think Zook will be fine. You all need to realize that Florida is going through a transition. Heck, they don't even have a losing record. I think Florida will be fine. Zook will not be fired at the end of this year regardless of the record. Now, next year might be a different story.

+ Reply to Thread