+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 Schedule... dorms...

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Mick,

That is why I have taken alot more "lenient" attitude concerning our realistic expectations the last 6 months or so...

You can not be successful against the BCS with our resources, and you CAN'T expect to have a consistent winner in the WAC the way we do business -

Our guys are fighting a BIG battle with an awful short stick - even in conference play...
    I don't have a big argument with the point made, HOWEVER: We had no more of a budget in 1997 and 1999, and did quite well, turned heads at least. So far as that goes, we did win the WAC championship with our inferior budget. Further, did you notice the Yankees are not going to be in the W.S. this year? They have the big bucks.
    Budget doesn't cost you the game in the second half against Rice. Just win BAYBEEE, and if you don't win, look good trying. That will put fannies in the stands, and that is market-able.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Very good point, OLDBLUE :lol:

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Blue,
    Thats exactly what I've been saying. If we are 4-2 as opposed to 2-4, marketing becomes alot easier. I do also understand the others points about money too. As DFM said, you get what you pay for. This is a classic "chicken and then egg" situation. Although in this case, I think the wins will definetly have to come first. I also believe that LSU's recent success is not helping. They are creating a larger shadow for us to get out from under. Two of my neighbors are both Tech grads(undergraduate) and now dentist. They have two LSU flags on there Tahoe every weekend. :x We have a huge mountain to climb. The admin. needs to decide where we are going and let us know asap!

Reddawg

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I'll send you 2 Tech flags if you'll put them on their cars.

Puppy jadeddawg has turned a few heads around herejadeddawg has turned a few heads around herejadeddawg has turned a few heads around herejadeddawg has turned a few heads around here jadeddawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    Blue,
    Two of my neighbors are both Tech grads(undergraduate) and now dentist. They have two LSU flags on there Tahoe every weekend. --Reddawg
    Come on Red, I would have expected you to take care of the flag situation. Just slap some Tech Alumni stickers on those bad boys.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeddawg
    [quote:02070ba624="Reddawg"]Blue,
    Two of my neighbors are both Tech grads(undergraduate) and now dentist. They have two LSU flags on there Tahoe every weekend. --Reddawg
    Come on Red, I would have expected you to take care of the flag situation. Just slap some Tech Alumni stickers on those bad boys.[/quote:02070ba624]

It's not that easy, believe me. Even here in north Louisiana. I only have to look out in my office parking lot to see the car of a Tech grad with an LSU license plate on it. The LSU junk, which is available at just about anyconveniece store or truck stop now, is growing at an enormous pace.

Varsity Bulldog GODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her gameGODAWGSGO is on top of his/her game GODAWGSGO's Avatar
    Do you believe in Dejavu. CARTEK nailed it. Independence Bowl 1990. WAC Championship 2001. The good news is we should have another great year in 2012, just think of all the missed opportunities we will have that year......

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    We didn't play the schedules in either year that we played in 1997 & 1999 -

1997 had several Div 1-AA schools and both were littered with Sunbelt schools -

Plus in neither year we played a stretch of 4 games like we played this year -

Those schedules were sit-up for somewhat of an expected success -

Go back and look at the schedules and tell me that 2002 was a more favorable schedule -

And I don't agree with FIM's assessment of not winning the big game - the the last four years we have WON a conference championship, won 9 games, won 8 games and had a top 25 ranking and we still haven't managed to come close to selling out Aillett -

Winning is only part of the solution, selling the product is the solution...

Look at basketball - men's and women's - averaged almost 20 wins since 1998-99 in mens and we have yet to have one crowd over 4,000 and that is with hosting top 25 teams and two NIT games -

And look at the Techster program - a proud, tradition rich, annual top 10 program and we can barely average 2,500...

Look at the mirror - its us, the fans of the university and the University itself who fail to promote and support the programs -

How many people on this board have been to a basketball game more than once annually in the past two years - how many hold season tickets?

How many of us will not make a 3 hour drive because we are afraid we will lose?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Dwayne wrote "How many of us will not make a 3 hour drive because we are afraid we will lose? "

---

I think that is what I'm interested to see this weekend. For most Tech fans this is the shortest road trip on our schedule. It's played in Dallas, where most of us like to go every once in a while anyway. If we don't show up because we are afraid we will lose then we are FAIR WEATHER FANS, and we really don't add much to the WAC. If we show up in big numbers when we aren't having a great season then even the SMU people who didn't think we should be admitted to the WAC will have to admit we do add some value to the league.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar
    Cartek,
    You are right. The WAC Championship
    "windfall", "feelgood", "luster", whatever you call it is gone.
    Change is good and MIGHT lead to success. No change is bad and WILL lead to more problems.
    Martie

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    show up for the TECH/FSU game on the 5th of December -

We always want to compare ourselves to CUSA schools like USM, Memphis and Louisville...

Louisville put 40,000+ in the stadium during weather that can't be described as anything but horrific after loses to KY jelly and Colorado State and a start to the season that was as disappointing as ours or even more so...

Memphis had over 40,000+ in the Liberty bowl and they had won 1 game?

And both of these games were WEEKNIGHT GAMES...

I'm not saying we have to sell out Aillet (but it should be) but will our fans answer the call and support our PROGRAM to the tune of 25,000 to 27,000+ or will they sit at home and pout and complain because we are not playing up to their demanding standards or calling the plays or playing the players we want them to?

What type of fans are we?

I'm interested in finding out...

But I'm afraid it will confirm what alot of us have thought all along...

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Dwayne,

Re. the Memphis crowd... Fed Ex bought 20,000 tickets for their employees to make sure they didn't have an embarrassing crowd on ESPN... Some were "forced" to go!!! It was a pretty good joke around here... It did look impressive on TV, though....

What about the $$ from the general fund and how much can be allocated toward athletics??????????

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    It is my recollection that there is a limit on how much money can be funneled to athletics, but I am unsure of the amount/percentage. DfM probably has a handle on it.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Two reasons LA tech has a hard time filling their stands on saturday.

1. Friday night HS football in north louisiana, possibly the best in the country. How many were at the west monroe evangel game couple weeks back 20K.

2. As long as bambi lives in the woods, well you know the rest. I've already talked to many Tech alumi that will probably forgo the rest of the bulldog season in order to insure their duck limit on Saturday morning. Are ducks really that good to eat, or is it competitive spirit in us to out flank a duck or deer and show our superior breed.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Two reasons LA tech has a hard time filling their stands on saturday.

1. Friday night HS football in north louisiana, possibly the best in the country. How many were at the west monroe evangel game couple weeks back 20K.

2. As long as bambi lives in the woods, well you know the rest. I've already talked to many Tech alumi that will probably forgo the rest of the bulldog season in order to insure their duck limit on Saturday morning. Are ducks really that good to eat, or is it competitive spirit in us to out flank a duck or deer and show our superior breed.
    Two very good reasons to avoid day games.

+ Reply to Thread