• LSU, Tech, Tulane, ULL, ULM 1-A, everyone else 1-AA

2 3.23%
  • LSU, Tech, Tulane, ULL 1-A, everyone else 1-AA

27 43.55%
  • Other (please explain)

1 1.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College football in Louisiana (1-A, 1-AA etc)

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    As an LSU fan you baffle me. I think DirtyDawg asked you to stick around but miss the time around the LSU game next season ... That is good advice. Feel free to bring more Tiger fans like yourself around.

Anyway, the real reason I am posting is to correct you on the all-time Tech - Northwestern series ... It is a little longer than you posted and still very ugly ...

College Football Data Warehouse lists it as 53-19-5. Every game is listed. Bookmark this site. Many arguments you have with fans about this type of information will end here.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Jetstorm,
    If I were an LSU fan I would also want to see 4 1-A weak teams instead of ONE STRONG team. BTW, the state fair game attendance dropped dramatically in the 70's and 80's when Tech won almost every game(out of the last 18 games, NSU had 1 win and 1 tie) by a big margin. Most of the NSU people quit attending just like the NLU people did not attend the last game in Monroe.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    It isn't the lack of ULM fans that makes it a problem ...

I tell you 27,000 people showed up the last time ULM was in Ruston and they were there to see Tech beat the tar out of ULM.

They were not there to see Tim Rattay's last home game.

The number of ULM fans there was small. We need to figure out how to get those same 27,000 people excited about a game against UTEP, Tulsa etc. Tech fans need a change in attitude. Desiring more than anything to beat ULM is REALLY hurting us more than anything. Tech fans, as a whole, want to play ULM. They do not identify with our new conference brethren and until we are in a stable conference for 10 years or so, we will have that problem. Tech fans HATE ULM. Not dislike ... HATE. The kind you are taught not to harbor in your Sunday school. The results of this poll is proof enough. Two people voted to keep ULM 1-A. Me and an LSU fan.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score...0/99310410.htm

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    6190. Attendence for last nights umla game. They will be back in 1-aa soon. I would think with the money they are losing, no football would be the better bet for umla.

This is the only attendence number I could get off the box scores besides McNeese. They claimed to have 10,091 at that one.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I will admit you are right about ULM, at least as far as I'm concerned. I could care less if they ever play another football game. Can't help feeling the way I do.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    6,190. Attendence for last nights umla game. They will be back in 1-aa soon.
    They aren't the only ones. Attendance for the N. Texas @ UL-Laf. game was ~8,400. I believe UL-M now has a better football record than UL-Laf.
    ________
    Body science
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread