+ Reply to Thread

Thread: State Farm Classic

Puppy TexasTech is an unknown
    Greetings to all the Lady Techster fans! I have always had a great deal of respect for this program for many years and am looking forward to the match-up in November in Knoxville. I don't know much about this years team, but know you have a lot of young talented players. I had an opportunity to watch the ladies play SMU in Dallas last year and always enjoyed watching Walker and others play. Will Cheryl Ford be the force this year along with Obaze?

Texas Tech should have a good year, lots of returning players and young talent. The first game of the year without exibitions are always interesting.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on your team.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey Texas Tech! I have some respect for your program, as well. I lived out in Lubbock for a while and went to a couple of games. Of course, I am pure La. Tech all the way through, though.

We have a very young team, but return Ford, Obaze, Erica Smith, and Trina Frierson. All four of these young ladies can light it up and are a true force. The freshmen will have some growing to do, but we also have several JUCO's that will bring some experience to the game.

You can expect a team that is more like the typical Techster teams used to be - a lot of speed. Our guard spots have been filled in nicely now (a big missing element in the last couple of years) and our post play will be just as strong.

We will miss Ayana, but she did not play to her potential last year at all. Brooke Lassiter was our heart and soul and we will have to wait a few weeks to see if that has been replaced.

Congratulations on your pre-season rankings. Most publications have you at around #3. Don't believe what they say about ours. They are wrong when they put us too low and they are wrong when they put us too high. :-) We like to do just the opposite in all our sports than what is expected. :-)

Puppy TexasTech is an unknown
    Thanks for the comments and I agree on the polls thing. I personally don't care to be ranked in the top 15, but it happens. Hopefully the teams just block all that out.

I forgot about Frierson, it seems like she's been there a long time, but remember her game.

It should be a fun game and a great start to the season.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread