View Poll Results: What do you expect to see from the Tech offense this week against SMU?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • No real changes with good results

13 35.14%
  • No change and we continue to struggle

12 32.43%
  • Same basic mix, but more downfield passes

0 0%
  • Run the ball more

11 29.73%
  • JOE SMITH, JOE SMITH, JOE SMITH!!! Can't we pass A LITTLE?!?

1 2.70%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you expect to see?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Just wondering what everyone thinks we did with our off week in terms of offensive philosophy.

TDF

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I had secretly hope the historian would show up at one of the offensive meetings and Conroy would implement a little more movement and use some formations to mess with D but after the press conference Tues. I really don't think we are going to change anything other than maybe trying to run the ball more to cut down on turnovers, which I applaud. I just hope we get more RBs in the game-Moats & Davis if he isn't going to Redshirt.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I really hope that "we are just practicing execution" was coach talk at the press conference. :wink:

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    You almost have to believe it was b/c knowing JB we could have implemented a whole new O and nothing would have been said about it if so, which is smart. I hope they prove me wrong in a couple of days.

Our run D will be tested by inferior talent this weekend and we should shut them down. I just read the article on startup page that says we have given up 16 rushing TDs already this year. That is terrible! I think somehow we'll manage to score some points in WAC play, the real question to me is will our D step up and stop teams-37 points is NOT stopping teams regardless of what the O does. If our D performs we win. 24-27 points should be enough to win a game with the coaching and talent we have on D. It is not great but we aren't playing PSU and A&M anymore either. We should hold every opponent to 21 or below the rest of the way. If we do that we will win out IMO.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Agreed, the defense really needs to step up Saturday. Running back Keylon Kincade #32 will get the ball all day long, from start to finish. Kincade alone accounts for over 40% of SMU's total offense & he is just 1 of the 3 RBs they rotate regularly.

Our DE's need to do a MUCH BETTER job of containing the outside corners than we did @Rice or #32 will go run up & down the Ford Stadium field.

According to "The Dallas Morning News" QB Richard Bartel is getting almost all of the QB snaps this week in practice for SMU. He throws the ball more accurately than Tate Wallis, but he basically has only 1 playmaker WR, Senior #25 Cody Cardwell. Cardwell is also one of the top punt returners in the country.
    ________
    I-Inhale Iolite
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:36 PM.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    We won't change anything this week because we won't have to. The real test comes when we go to SJSU & BSU. If we don't change our gameplan at those games, we get our A$$es kicked!

+ Reply to Thread