+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling Green

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    I agree. I never thought Marshall was getting into the top 25 on "East Coast" bias (although I don't always agree with their ranking). If you keep winning 10-11 games every year, people will start noticing. I would much rather play a quality schedule the way we do, but I think we should see that there is more than one way to a national ranking.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    East Coast bias may not be the ONLY reason Marshall is a Top 25 pet, but it helps. Just consider the media markets that the MAC has affiliations with. What have they got in the MAC? 14 teams? It helps when a conference has that may reigions to jump on the wagon.

I'm saying that all things being equal, Tech with a cream puff (outside the WAC) and a MAC team with a cream puff (outside the MAC), we don't get the votes that a MAC team gets if we are undefeated. Of course we will never know because we can't AFFORD to schedule a cream puff OOC schedule. We must have the money! I suspect that Bowling Green's budget may not look like much either. I haven't looked it up. I have read many times that the MAC conference is not in great shape.

It would be nice if we could do a better job of "spreading out" our OOC foes.

+ Reply to Thread