+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Band @ LSU in 2003

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Don't look now, but .... if the TECH band is to go to BR next year, EACH member HAS to have a 36.00 ticket. SO planning for that now might be beneficial. I suppose that is how they keep visiting teams' bands away.

Big Dog dawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her gamedawg78 is on top of his/her game dawg78's Avatar
    You have got to be kiddin'........that's ridiculous!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    That's roughly $7200.00 to LSU if you figure that the band will have 200 members. The tigers don't miss a trick do they?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1
    Don't look now, but .... if the TECH band is to go to BR next year, EACH member HAS to have a 36.00 ticket. SO planning for that now might be beneficial. I suppose that is how they keep visiting teams' bands away.
    Will they come out of the 3,000 ticket alotment or will we be allowed additional tickets if the band comes? I probably already know the answer, but thought I would ask anyway.

If it's out of our alotment and there are 200 of the band members, how many ACTUAL SEATS will be required? I know they need more space than a single seat.

TDF

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    In the SEC, visiting team bands pay to play. This is the way the SEC has done it for years, from what I understand. We paid the ticket costs for our band to travel to Virginia Tech and Florida, and likewise we will expect Virginia Tech (as well as any other nonconference opponent) to pay for seats for their band. Not saying I agree with it, that's just the way SEC schools do it. So it's not just an LSU thing.

Bulldog hisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the ears
    which band from virginia tech...the marching band or the military band (a la aTm)... they alternate at Virginia Tech home games.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    I still say signing that sorry ass lsux deal was a BAD move on the part of our AD.

this deal gets worse every day

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Hey FIM, what's your thinking on the LSU game being a bad move for us. I don't see that we had much choice in the matter. If we refused, it would look like we were scared to play them.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar
    So to keep our pride intact we agreed to the same sorry ass deal that puts us in the group as ULX in the eyes of 98% of the state?

JO should have demanded a better deal than what ULX got or walked away.

Tulane got a 1-1, yet we are satisfied to waller with the ULXs of the world to get a chance to play LSU - why???

It is all about perception, when we play the same game as ULX, most people in this state lump us in the same grouping as the ULXs.

What is next? Do we have to auction off LSU merchandise, ala ULM, to raise money?

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Unless something changes, Tech should have 6000-7000 tickets....and the deal will probably be the most profitable deals for TECH to date. UL Lafayette had 7000.

No chartered jet will be needed, so MOST of the guarantee will go to the program.

Lets hope freebies are kept to a minimum so a reasonable profit can be generated.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    The only downside I can see is the 40 point ass-whippin we're going to take and the lack of credibility we will have within the state as a legitimate 1A program as a result of that whipping.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I gotta tell yall ... i am worried about this game. Not because of the tigger's superior football tradition or intimidating atmosphere or anything like that. It's just that .....

We cant seem to beat teams with feline mascots. Clemson, Auburn, K-St, Penn St. .... see the trend. The Dawgs are 0-10 in their last 10 meetings with any team of a pussy-cat persuasion.

You have to go back to 1995 when JRP beat the Houston Cougars. Felines have had the Dawgs number for the last 7 seasons! I dont want to give an ounce of credit to lsu. But I fear recent history is against us.

Of couse, that could just mean that the Dawgs are due.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Maybe if the football team did not chase the felines ALL night before they played the ballgame they would have the balls to play FOOTBALL when kickoff time came :lol:

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    GLM ... We don't have credibility IN Louisiana as it stands. What will change? Even if we win it will be labelled a fluke. I personally think this game has little effect on either program except possibly in the $$$ column for both. If that is the case, then it is a win-win for both schools.

Our credibility is much higher outside of Louisiana than in it. I am not expecting that to change either.

GO DAWGS!!! SMUSH SMU!!!

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    ...and in addition to the fact that LSU will slaughter us their band is 100 times better than ours. LSU is the only place in the country where 90000 fans absolutely adore their band, where 40000 wait to see the band march in, and where one song can change a game. our songs copied from U of A don't seem to fire me up the same way...

+ Reply to Thread