+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Band @ LSU in 2003

Puppy Bigbopp is an unknown Bigbopp's Avatar
    I think that everything our band does is a copy of somebody. Why can't we come up with something original? Did you hear our band at the first Ruston game playing that OK state touchdown song and with Robken waving their hands like the OK state fans do??!! Please guys, the stirring renditions of "the phantom of the opera overture" and "rock around the clock" are enough to make me puke, but don't copy other school's traditional songs.

Puppy baritone_dawg is an unknown
    Tisk Tisk BigBopp, very cold indeed.

I will agree with you, I am not fond of the "Tech Fite Waltz", but it's not oky state's song. It's our song, played in 3/4 time. The hand movement yes has been picked up. I dont' think it's gonna catch on permanently, but who knows. I wish our fans would learn the words to the normal fight song, and sing them. It was really effective at Texas A and M.

Anyways, to answer all questions... Yes, we had to buy tickets for the band. The target number is 180, and it's already been takin care of. To my knowledge, we will probably march first in halftime. I'm looking forward to it. Because if we get our stuff together, I think we have a chance down there. Anyways, just letting you guys know

Have a great day!

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    We will get 7,000 tickets total. Out of that come the band, the spirit groups, the coaches and players families and then the fans. That is why I said we will have roughly 6,000-6,500 tickets to sell. A certain amount will be alotted to the student body and the rest will go to the season ticket/Champs contributors. I don't think there will be any outside that criteria left to sell. Just my opinion, not fact.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Quote Originally Posted by macp38
    We will get 7,000 tickets total. Out of that come the band, the spirit groups, the coaches and players families and then the fans. That is why I said we will have roughly 6,000-6,500 tickets to sell. A certain amount will be alotted to the student body and the rest will go to the season ticket/Champs contributors. I don't think there will be any outside that criteria left to sell. Just my opinion, not fact.
    Whatever happens, a sales plan should be moulded to ensure ALL tickets are sold and NONE returned, to avoid what happened when Lafayette sent back 2400 tickets because their AD refused to sell to the average fan who WASN'T a season ticket holder.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Jetstorm,
    No matter how you spin it, that's real chicken$hit to make our band pay to get in the stadium. There is no return game as in the SEC for us to charge their band. By the way, if anyone wants to buy my 3 tickets let me know when they go on sale, otherwise I won't be purchasing them. They will only be sold to Tech fans, also.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    I thought this was rinky dink too when I first posted, but have found out that MOST of the major conferences do the same thing. I suppose the big time has a price tag that we aren't used to.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1
    [quote:0800d1683b="macp38"]We will get 7,000 tickets total. Out of that come the band, the spirit groups, the coaches and players families and then the fans. That is why I said we will have roughly 6,000-6,500 tickets to sell. A certain amount will be alotted to the student body and the rest will go to the season ticket/Champs contributors. I don't think there will be any outside that criteria left to sell. Just my opinion, not fact.
    Whatever happens, a sales plan should be moulded to ensure ALL tickets are sold and NONE returned, to avoid what happened when Lafayette sent back 2400 tickets because their AD refused to sell to the average fan who WASN'T a season ticket holder.[/quote:0800d1683b]

I would hope they would start by making the chigger game ticket available first to season ticket holders with their renewal notice. This would prevent the chigger fan run on available tickets oohlala seemed to be concerned about. As I recall, that would only be about 5000 tickets. That leaves the 2000 or so for all the other "requirements". That might work out well, and "protect" the tickets from chigger fan grabs.

We and oooolala are NOT Alabama ... so I seriously doubt any LSU fans would be camping out in hopes of buying up tickets out of our allotment.

They (oooolala) made it sound like the ticket would be the hottest action in town ... which it WASN'T by any means. ANYWAY, the average LSU fan KNOWS where to buy tickets to games not in the spotlight. They KNOW there will be tons of people waving them in the air outside Tiger Stadium up until gametime and at prices WELL below what they paid for them.

Good team or not for Tech next year, that will still happen.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Jetstorm,
    No matter how you spin it, that's real chicken**** to make our band pay to get in the stadium. There is no return game as in the SEC for us to charge their band. By the way, if anyone wants to buy my 3 tickets let me know when they go on sale, otherwise I won't be purchasing them. They will only be sold to Tech fans, also.
    I didn't say that I agree with it, that's just the way it is. Most major conferences do it. I guess it really is all about the money. If I had my way, bands and spirit groups would get in free. But I am not "The Man" so it's not up to me.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HounDoggy1
    We and oooolala are NOT Alabama ... so I seriously doubt any LSU fans would be camping out in hopes of buying up tickets out of our allotment.

They (oooolala) made it sound like the ticket would be the hottest action in town ... which it WASN'T by any means. ANYWAY, the average LSU fan KNOWS where to buy tickets to games not in the spotlight. They KNOW there will be tons of people waving them in the air outside Tiger Stadium up until gametime and at prices WELL below what they paid for them.

Good team or not for Tech next year, that will still happen.
    I'm not so sure about that Houndoggy. Every once in a while, a nonconference opponent brings some excitement with it, and makes it harder to get tickets. Last year, that game was Tulane, for obvious reasons. This year, Miami University of Ohio brought an SEC type crowd, because they were billed as a pretty good non-BCS team. They were just coming off an upset win over North Carolina. Next year, the hype will come with Marshall, and I expect that game to sell out.
    I certainly thought Tech/LSU would be a sellout. I was betting on you guys rolling into Tiger Stadium the two-time defending WAC champs with a very impressive record, maybe even undefeated. Who knows, ya'll may kick butt next year, but winning this year would have built up even more momentum. We shall see how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread