+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boise State - Fresno State

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Boise State is taking it to Fresno big time. 20-0 with about 5 minutes to go in the half. At one point Boise had 16 first downs to 1 for Fresno. Thank goodness we're not playing them tonight. We had better strap it on when we go up there though. They are clicking on all cylinders tonight. Their running back who was leading the WAC in scoring coming in has already scored twice and Gilligan, their kick returner, will not fair catch a punt and has some big returns.
    Another thing I've noticed is the big time college atmosphere Boise has at their stadium. Everyone wearing red or orange, whatever color it is and a packed house. Good showing on ESPN for the WAC. I can only hope we can pull off a good showing in December.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    And to think. As fired up as they are playing Fresno, they will be that much more fired up to play us.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    You're probably right about that but I hope this is the high water mark of their season. There is still a half of football left though and Fresno is to good a team to be dominated for a whole game as they were in the first.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    Boise State is taking it to Fresno big time. 20-0 with about 5 minutes to go in the half. At one point Boise had 16 first downs to 1 for Fresno. Thank goodness we're not playing them tonight. We had better strap it on when we go up there though. They are clicking on all cylinders tonight. Their running back who was leading the WAC in scoring coming in has already scored twice and Gilligan, their kick returner, will not fair catch a punt and has some big returns.
    Another thing I've noticed is the big time college atmosphere Boise has at their stadium. Everyone wearing red or orange, whatever color it is and a packed house. Good showing on ESPN for the WAC. I can only hope we can pull off a good showing in December.
    Boise is doing a helluva job mixing up offense formations.....fresno looks like us "lost at times"!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Did Dinwiddie start? I walked by the TV and saw him warming up on the sideline. He hasn't played since the first half of the game at Arkansas.
    If Fresno doesn't make a comeback fast, it will be up to Tech to give Boise a loss to keep the Broncos from taking the WAC title outright.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Did Dinwiddie start? I walked by the TV and saw him warming up on the sideline. He hasn't played since the first half of the game at Arkansas.
    If Fresno doesn't make a comeback fast, it will be up to Tech to give Boise a loss to keep the Broncos from taking the WAC title outright.
    Rhode started and looked great.......Dinwinde is back for good now. THings will have to change in a hurry in order for us to beat Boise.

40-21 Boise with 14 minutes to go.

Make that 47-21 with 13 minutes left. Also just heard the attendance is over 31,000 which is a new record.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Now 68 - 21 Boise State.

This is one of those things that just got out of hand. You really have to hand it to Boise. They have simply played flawlessly in all aspects.

However, I have a feeling that we can still take them on that blue turf. Of course, that assumes our play calling opens up significantly!!

GOOD GAWD!!! Final score: BSU 67, Fresno 21!?! I'm glad those guys aren't on the Cajuns' schedule this year!! Talk about having your HEAD handed to you! 8O Best of luck this week against SMU.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I heard on the radio today the LSU talking heads going over some number that Vegas guys use to determine "home field" advantage points to a home team. LSU is given 5 points, which is pretty good.

Boise State leads the nation. They get something like 10 points for home field advantage.

Louisiana Tech has a LOT of work to do to be competitive with Boise, especially up there. It is a crying shame that ESPN is going to continue showing Fresno this season. It is clear to me, right now, who the class of the WAC is and thus the team that should be on TV every week. You folks who thought we were going to waltz up there and hand Boise a loss should consider this a wakeup call. I do not care HOW injured Fresno is. Boise is a GOOD football team.

We need to start winning and give ESPN incentive to pick up the Boise game later this season. Then again, maybe I would rather the game only be available via unreliable streaming audio on the Internet.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    I suppose Fagswog will write this week that Fresno should go back to 1-AA. He is an expert on those matters, you knpw.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    Now 68 - 21 Boise State.

This is one of those things that just got out of hand. You really have to hand it to Boise. They have simply played flawlessly in all aspects.
    You talk about got out of hand!!!! It didn't hurt that Boise left the starters in until late in the 4th quarter (according to box score). That's got to really irk Fresno. I have a feeling this is going to turn into the rivalry game of the WAC. This is the type of game we need without the score. I also think that Boise is trying to send a message to the MWC in the event they go looking to add on.

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    Boise is extreemly well coached and they get the most out of their players. I thought they were pretty good last year in Ruston. I considered the fact that they were on the road and playing Tech on a hot and humid day. I really thought they would wilt away in the heat, but they stuck it out till the end. So let me add well conditioned. And they were quick.

Now other more notable BB&B regulars went to a different Tech/ Boise St. game than the one I went to last October. They claim to have seen a very slow, non athletic football team that was completely inferior to Louisiana Tech.

As late as a few weeks ago these same regulars were saying the same things about Boise St. Slow, very slow, non athletic...........................etc., etc., etc.

Things will have to be done differently up in Idaho for Tech to win. Today we should see some different pass patterns and hopefully some new formations, maybe a little motion? Its not too late to revamp the Tech offense, and it needs some major changes. If Bicknell and Hinds think all they need is a little better execution then we won't have any chance of beating Boise St. If your going to beat a team like Boise on the road you have to at least even up in the coaching dept. Same ol' same ol' will get Tech bashed about the same as Fresno.

Bluedawg,
    I'm one of those who say we're a faster team than Boise, and I still stand by that statement. I also maintain that it's very important when all other things are equal, or even close. However, right now that is not the case. We have the speed, but they have the football players. Their players are executing whereas ours aren't. Case in point is their receivers. Their receivers are similar in size to ours, but I couldn't help notice the difference when their 5'10, 170 lb guys would catch the ball in coverage and take a couple of hits and run for another 10 to 20 yards. Our receivers drop the ball when they hear someone walking to the concession stand. This all goes back to coaching. If our coaches can disguise our offense enough to get our receivers a chance to catch the ball when there is virtually no one around them, then we can do what we did last year and run away from them. If we run the same predictable plays over and over, then Boise's coaching is good enough to recognize that and have their defense set to stop us.

+ Reply to Thread