+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSU - FSU game observations

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    Boise State's game atmosphere really impressed me last night. Their stadium looked packed with over 31,000. Also, a majority of the fans were wearing orange, which looked very good on TV.

I hope we get a sellout against FSU when ESPN comes to Ruston. I also hope our stadium looks mostly blue like BSU's mostly orange.

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    While you were observing a large crowd and great atmosphere, both of which I would love to see in Ruston, I observed a Boise team that looked very, very good. They had about 500yds of offense before the 3rd quarter ended. Dinwittie looks in mid season form and is at 100%, no doubt about it. The offense was very well run and each weapon was utilized, the tight end made some great plays, their running back was hitting the holes on the line at full speed and their recievers were making some great catches. If they can put a well rounded game against us, we will look like Fresno did. There is no stopping Boise this year. I watched most of the game up until the 3rd quarter and checked the score this morning and saw that Boise decided to make a statement with Fresno.
    ________
    VF750S
    Last edited by ST5; 01-20-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    They made quite a statement. They were throwing the long ball when they were up 47-21. This was for the guys who vote in the polls every week. I hope they take notice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Two things about Boise's offense that I noticed:

crossing patterns in the passing game

trap blocking in the running game

Okay, three things:

they have a QB who can throw the long ball

major ouch, in three weeks

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I agree that the potential exists for a long day in Boise but I think last night was a once in a year performance. I don't think Boise can play at that level again. It was a night every team dreams about. Who knows, maybe we'll have that game against them.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    ............and this is Boise St. we are talking about. We absolutely OWN them.

Nothing wrong with us looking past out other WAC foes. It is not a good thing for the team though.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    But they have played that well two weeks this year!! They CRUSHED Hawaii the same way they crushed Fresno State. And those teams (along with Tech) were supposed to be the best in the WAC. There is no competition for Boise this year. We are all playing for second place.

I'm certainly not suggesting we look out past the WAC games we have to play before the Boise game. That's a surefire way to get beat. We better be focused on one thing today, beat SMU!!

BTW, Dinwiddie was 19-22 for over 400 yards and 5 td's last night and he didn't even play the first qtr.

Puppy Dawgfight96 is an unknown
    Boise is playing the best football in the WAC right now. I was surprised that they dominated Hawaii they way they did, and they are on a roll. Unless they're train slows down, we're gonna have problems when play them.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    There is no competition for Boise this year. We are all playing for second place.
    Yeah, yeah. That's what everybody was saying about Fresneck last year. Boise is beatable ... it will be our Dawgs that make their statement game at Boy-zee.

I'll say it again, this was the game of the year for Boise. I just don't think any team can perform on that level for long. Their next 3 games are @ San Jose St, @ UTEP and Rice at home. They might be prime for a letdown next week at San Jose. We'll see. Anyway,
    enough of Boise. Let's get onto something really important like SMU today at Dallas. Looks like the weather may clear up by gametime. That should be good news for us. I look for us to turn things around today. This team needs a good game under it's belt going into a tough 3 game stretch that will make or break our season, Nevada at home and San Jose and Boise St on the road.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I'll put my 2 cents in. Boise is much better than I gave them credit for being at the beginning of the season. That being said, I don't think Fresno's defense is as good as ours. For one thing, I think we are better against the run than Fresno. I don't think they will push our guys around like they did the other Dogs. For once, our dbs will be as tall as some receivers. The only problem is their receivers are playing like ours should be. I think we have enough athletic ability in our secondary to stay with them, though. Where I think we get hurt is offensively. We haven't shown that we will be able to do anything offensively this year. Fresno's problem was their defense was on the field too long. If our offense sputters, like Fresno's did, then we will see our first drumming by the Broncos. I think we will know more by the end of the day how our season will go. We had 2 weeks to get the funk out. If it isn't gone in this game, then we might as well get ready for maybe 2 more wins this year, tops.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    take it to the bank, we will get blown away by boise.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    take it to the bank, we will get blown away by boise.
    You are such a Pollyana. Are you always this upbeat?

+ Reply to Thread