+ Reply to Thread

Thread: upcoming win

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    The Dawgs need to not only win but totally blow away SMU. I just can't get that excited about pulling out a close one against them. We need to re-establish ourselves as dominant and leave NO QUESTION that we will compete with Boise for the title.

If we win the rest of our WAC games and Boise wins all their games except against us, we win out. Right? Or do they call that a shared championship with each of us having one loss?

Puppy lalatech is an unknown
    110:

I think the championship would be ours since we would have defeated them head to head. Assuming everyone else in the WAC has 2 losses.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    I am betting they would call it a shared championship.
    Co-champions. If it mattered who was first, we would win the tie-breaker, but it probably wouldn't matter. If they win out (except against us) they would stay home for the Human Bowl. Hawaii is always gonna get the Hawaii bowl. If the Big 12 can't fill all their bowls (thanks to us beating OSU), then we talk the MAC into trading that open spot for the game in Mobile against Con-USA #2. That way, Fresno still gets to go to the Silicon Valley Bowl again, and we get to stay a little closer to home. If we can't get the Mobile Bowl to take us over a MAC team, then we go to the Silicon Valley Bowl. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong about this. I'm pretty sure only #1 and #2 are assured of a bowl in the WAC, and that may be new (I think they are trying to prevent what happened to Boise from happening again, too - tie for second and they won the tie-breaker, but FSU got the other spot in their home bowl). I can't see how it matters who wins the tie-breaker in a 2-way tie for first, but I hope I am right about HAVING to take the legit #2 (as determined by a preset system - head-to-head or something else as needed). Otherwise, everyone in the conference is at a disadvantage to the teams with bowls in their backyards (BSU, FSU, SJSU) because they will always get to go even if they lose the tie-breaker (in which case, why have one?). I would have included Hawaii in that list, but I think it has pretty much been decided that they get to go every year they are elegible. Again, please correct me if I missed something.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Dont forget that the $ec is unlikely to fullfill its bowl obligations this year. With Bama & KY ineligible, and Vandy & Miss St as bad as they ever were, perhaps our dear old friends at the Indy will find it in their hearts to remember us.

Of course ... we have to WIN first. A decent showing against UTEP couldnt hurt either.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    inudesu,
    The only think I think wrong with what you have is us having to be invited or trade spots to the Mobile Bowl in place of a MAC team. The way I understand it, if we an eastern WAC team wins the WAC, they get the invite to the Mobile bowl, period. It's not a matter of having to talk the MAC into trading spots. The question then would be would the Mobile bowl consider us as champions if tied with Boise.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    If that is true, it is great news. I hope that is the case.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    I feel like I remember reading that head-to-head would count this year in determining WAC placements. I think the WAC changed the rule just this past year (after Fresno got to go bowling while Boy-zee sat in the stands at the home stadium.)

If we win out and Hawaii loses again, we WILL be outright WAC champs. And that means Mobile.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I think I remember that too, Champ. I meant to post that in my preceding post. There will be an outright champion this year as well succeeding placements.

Good deal. If that is the case it is much better than before. Choosing who goes where is probably better for the conference (and for $), like what the SEC does. But it isn't really fair if you don't give everyone the same chance for a bowl. The lesser teams in the WAC should be behind us winning out. Of course they will try to beat us if they can, but if Rice and Tulsa(for example) have any sense they are hoping for a Bulldog upset in Boise. The simple reason is that four bowls are obviously better than three.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Case settled then! We win out and we are the repeat WAC Champs! NO PROBLEM! The new season starts TODAY!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Something better start today and it better be a win!!

+ Reply to Thread