+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank GOD for Joe Smith

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    I think the title of this thread pretty much says it all.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Joe Smith had 3 touchdowns and only 13 carries for 135 yards (10+ yards per carry). I believe that was his lowest # of rushing attempts this season! What a shame to have a Ferrari & leave it sitting in the garage every Saturday.

Time of possession: SMU 42 minutes - LA Tech 18 minutes.
    I do not recall in all my years as a Tech fan ever seeing us have only 18 minutes of total offensive possession. It seemed like our defense was on the field the entire game.

It's time to give the freshmen & sophomores the majority of the playing time the rest of the way.
    ________
    Pissing videos
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Its seems that Joe is the only one who cares...

Puppy BULLDAWG is an unknown
    Give the ball to Joe 20-25 times a game in these WAC games. He will run all over them. Use Joe to set uo the pass.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    We should have figured this out after about 2 WAC games LAST YEAR.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLDAWG
    Give the ball to Joe 20-25 times a game in these WAC games. He will run all over them. Use Joe to set uo the pass.
    [glow=red:44c8e398de]AND PASS IT TO JOE ! !
    [/glow:44c8e398de]At least he seems to have some fire in him.
    I really believe the difference in this team's performance goes into (and out of) the hands of our receivers. Yes, I know we've had some effort from Norwood, and Curry a few times, but SOME of our receivers need to be left on the bench. They don't sell out, they don't show any extra effort, and they don't consistently run good routes. I wouldn't doubt that within that group we've got some personality problems as well. Sit them on the bench, or better still, leave them home! Put the subs in. They will probably put out the effort they need to win.

I fault the coaches for not getting on this big time, but I suspect they have done a little work in this area, just not enough "lay the law down".

This is soooo like what has happened time and again at loosewe. They get in the "quality athletes" and they("quality players") believe someone owes them something for showing up. They can turn it on and perform, but; on the next Saturday, they leave it home.
    [glow=red:44c8e398de]BENCH EM![/glow:44c8e398de]

And for you that so readily attack Coach Bicknell, do you really want him to blurt out to the public what the real problem is? He needs to take that up with the under-achievers, not us.

Think about it. We have a lot of talent. We have relatively the same key players except for receivers, and arguably better coaching than last year. I'll say it again - you don't see the sell it all out effort to get to the ball. Instead you see short arms and screwed up routes. Now, you even hear indications from D&D that players are showing no effort( and that cancer just grows).

If they don't want to leave it all on the field, Coach, [glow=red:44c8e398de]BENCH EM ![/glow:44c8e398de] and find someone that will !

Just my opinion, okay? One day, some of these players are going to look back on these moments and regret not giving all out effort for the team 6 days a week and twice on Saturday.

I'm through now.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Blue---I too watched that game Sat. in Dallas. You are absolutly right. In fact, coming home I told my son that the recievers absolutely were the worst I have seen in a long time. i'VE NEVER SEEN SO MANY PASSES DROPPED. Luke did not lose that game---the recievers and def backs did. Many times Luke scrammbled around WAITING for the backs to get open, and the backs made NO effort to get open. A good back (that wants to win) will get open . The def. backs were always 5 to 10 yards off their man. Those people who claimed Luke could not throw the long ball should have to eat their words AND appologize to Luke. In the 4th
    quarter it was the long ball that kept us from getting BLOWN OUT!!!
    If the reciever had caught the ball on the last 4th down ---WE WIN!
    Luke put the ball on the money. :cry:

+ Reply to Thread