+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Partys Over

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all
    This year is over...we'll be lucky to be 2-10 at year end. We need to gear up for next year. First thing is to evaluate the coaching staff and make appropriate changes. It has to happen...

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I'm not sure our coaching staff knows how to make those changes. This is terribly frustrating. Here we think we're moving up in the world, and this season has now gotten very ugly. I'm not saying fire anybody, but I just don't see where we go from here in a positive direction. If we can't adjust after halftime and we can't adjust with a bye week against another winless team, how do we improve?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    If Tech truely has any intention of building this program into a top 25 contender Bick is not the Man! He is responsible for every decision made and he simply has not had the vision or courage to make things happen.

Jerry Lloyd bottomed out our men's basketball program in just a couple of years time and if gone unchecked and uncorrected Bick will be doing the same thing in football.

Puppy FOOTBALLDOGG is an unknown
    I say fire the whole coaching staff and start from scratch!!!! Just my .02!!!

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    Well the comeback says something about the players. I can't say much good about the coaching.
    Bad year. What a disappointment with the capabilities that I think(not sure about this anymore) we have.

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    How much more embarrassment can we take. WIBR cut away from the post game comments to go to the Nicholls State game. Ugh.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    How embarrassing is it going to be for our program to play Fresno on national television with a 2-9 record with 16 people in the stands?

Be careful what you wish for!

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar
    Ditto. Get rid of them and bring in someone with head coaching experience and a history of winning -- someone who KNOWS what's causing our poor play and who knows how to gameplan for an opponent. With the exception of a couple of coaches (Perot is one of them), this coaching staff does not have a clue. They had two weeks to put the wheels back on the wagon, but obviously did nothing. Same old crap -- overthrows, drops, poor pass coverage, etc.

It's all about discipline, and this team has none -- and the coaching staff has no idea what the word means. Back in the day, JR Peace didn't hesistate to grab a guy by the facemask and scare the hell out of him. Didn't matter who it was, either -- QB, WR, PK -- everyone was "entitled" to an ass-chewing when they deserved it. The bottom line is this: there are several players on this team that need the fear of God put into them. If they can't handle it, then they have no business playing football. If they don't respond to it, then they have no business being on the field. We need a coach with some balls that isn't afraid of hurting the players' feelings. The current one isn't cutting the mustard.

I know that we are a small school in a small-town environment where everyone knows everyone else. That makes it hard to make tough decisions that will affect the lives of people you know. But it's time for this administration to make one of those tough decisions. We need to get rid of some dead weight.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg
    If Tech truely has any intention of building this program into a top 25 contender Bick is not the Man! He is responsible for every decision made and he simply has not had the vision or courage to make things happen.

Jerry Lloyd bottomed out our men's basketball program in just a couple of years time and if gone unchecked and uncorrected Bick will be doing the same thing in football.
    BEND over, GRAB your ankles and LISTEN to a reality check.

Tech will NEVER be a top 25 program with the revenue it has. To jump into THAT league, it will take 25 million OR MORE for the athletic department to just be a TOP 50.

Look at Louisville. How is THIER football program with a 30+ million dollar budget year after year? (Which is MORE than LSU's.)

I think too many people have raised the bar without the slightest clue as to how HIGH the mountain really is.

If JB goes, WHO will come and do better.....seriously? Ruston isn't exactly a coaches or BlueChip players dreamland and the WAC is NOT the rich BCS-style league. Above the Sunbelt, of course .. but FAR from the big leagues.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    [quote="mildawg"]Ditto. Get rid of them and bring in someone with head coaching experience and a history of winning -- someone who KNOWS what's causing our poor play and who knows how to gameplan for an opponent.[quote]

Do you think Nick Saban would take a 1.1 million dollar pay cut to come to Tech? :wink:

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar
    Ha! I don't know anyone who would do that. But, we have some darn good coaches in close proximity to Tech who are proven winners -- just look at these coaches at Evangel and West Monroe high schools. These guys know how to prepare their players to win ballgames. I think we need someone with a deep desire to put a winning team on the field year in and year out -- not for self-serving reasons, either (i.e. to get a better job). We need someone who has the best interests of the program and university at heart. Football is not rocket science, and neither is finding the right man to lead this team. But if Saban did decide to come north to Lousisana's real university, I wouldn't argue :lol: !

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Quote Originally Posted by mildawg
    Ha! I don't know anyone who would do that. But, we have some darn good coaches in close proximity to Tech who are proven winners -- just look at these coaches at Evangel and West Monroe high schools. These guys know how to prepare their players to win ballgames. I think we need someone with a deep desire to put a winning team on the field year in and year out -- not for self-serving reasons, either (i.e. to get a better job). We need someone who has the best interests of the program and university at heart. Football is not rocket science, and neither is finding the right man to lead this team. But if Saban did decide to come north to Lousisana's real university, I wouldn't argue :lol: !
    Why would either of those coaches come to TECH for a cut in their benefits package?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG
    This year is over...we'll be lucky to be 2-10 at year end. ..
    Lucky to be 2-10? Jeesh! what are they gonna do now? You mean we've gotten so bad we might lose a game we have already won? Can they do that?

I guess the Okie State game still hangs in the balance, so my gosh, lose that one and we're 1-11!

+ Reply to Thread