+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bicknell must go ...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    BB&B Admin guys, when will we have the ability to IGNORE posters?
    Cartek,

Dont write off Jetstorm. He is possibly our most polite tiger-visitor ever. I dont think he made those comments disparagingly. They were legitimate "catch-up" questions from someone relatively new to this community.

I agree with you that the good ol' ignore feature is much needed in times like this. I've got a list of about a dozen dumbasses that I'm 'bout tired of.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Houndoggy,
    How much do you donate to Tech? I donate to the General Foundation, the engineering foundation, BB&B, and Champs as well as helping with other projects. I also bought 8 season tickets this year. You're preaching to the wrong people on this board. I have a feeling you're a flamer from another school and not a Tech fan.
    Don, it's great that you do YOUR share, but a shame MOST do not. I will not brag about my level of contribution other than to say "they" are "considereable" and I do it without bitching and moaning about Tech staffers, whther they be the President or the janitor in the dorms.

My families' agreement with JA when my Dad and uncles began supporting Tech before my time remains to this day... which is .... that they would promise to not walk into the athletic office and tell them how to run their business .... i.e. who to hire, who to fire, who to schedule, who to repremand, who to recruit and who to start at QB .... if they, in return, would stay away from thier (now my) offices and tell me how to run MY affairs. I thought that was a pretty good arrangement then and is still a good arrangement today. WHY? Because all the moaning and groaning in the world won't affect what people do until they are READY and when they have the right FEEL for doing it ... for after all, they are closer to the pulse of everyday matters in their office than they are to mine.

My Dad thought it best to do it this way because he didn't have to be in a social setting with someone and look them in the eye one day after bashing them behind their back the day before. I believed he called it "moral" and "ethical" behavior.

As for me being a flamer from another school, yep you're right.

I'm just a passer by here with no ties whatsoever. My school was an old Institute where I hung out for a number of years before being told I had taken all the courses I needed for a degree and to go on home. It's an old north Louisiana school that once had a ton of loyal followers who supported it through thick and thin. YO may have heard of it.... LOUISIANA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE.

(BTW, in addition to the good things you already do, have you considered a life insurance policy with Tech as the beneficiary?)

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by macp38
    Actually, the former players I know tell me they are never contacted by ANYONE at Tech for anything. They would give, if contacted. I would like to know how many are even a member of the Alumni Assn? I'll bet it is a SMALL fraction of the former players. How many former players do you see traveling to the games as part of the diehard fans? There is an untapped base of support.
    You're right. It IS a small fraction. and isn't it a shame that they won't step up to the plate without being prodded. MOST don't realize where they'd be today without the scholarship that saved thier parents a ton of money or the work ethic they learned as an athlete.

No respect, I say. Oh how times have changed.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Houndoggy,
    You must be an old fart like me. My diploma also says Louisiana Polytechnic Institute. Didn't it become La Tech University in 1970?

Yeppers on the 1970.

1921 for LolyPolly and please don't refer to folks as old farts. They are age-deprived.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Thanks for the defense Champ967. I'm not trying to be negative or disparaging, I'm honestly concerned with what's going on at Tech. You will NEVER see me bash Tech. I disagree with some fans on this board, but always respectfully. And I don't buy into half the gloom-and-doom that has been said on this board in the last week. Some are just being overly negative, because they are frustrated at the losses. I understand completely. But to make ridiculous statements such as "FIRE ALL THE COACHES NOW!" or "FIRE THE AD AND THE PRESIDENT" or "CUT ALL THE PLAYERS" is not productive or helpful in my opinion.

I will reserve judgement on the players and coaches until I see the team in action on Saturday. I'm not going to say things about the team when I haven't seen the action firsthand. I certainly hope the 'Dawgs pull out an exciting victory against a huge crowd in Ruston on Saturday. All I can say is, let's pray for victory!

GEAUX TIGERS!! GO DAWGS!!

+ Reply to Thread