+ Reply to Thread

Thread: JBIII"I can't explain it when things aren't going right

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    WOW what a quote just now from JBIII! Says it all!

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    I can,

"Another 3rd Quarter Meltdown"

It is coached jobs to correct problems, and this has been a problem since last year. Probably before, I just do not remember.

Time for changes!

Puppy FOOTBALLDOGG is an unknown
    Oakes really needs to sit down and evaluate this coaching staff and consider making changes!!!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    This is what he is saying:

How many of us have complained about him not going for 4th down and short this year? Well, we had 2 4th and shorts within FG range and went for BOTH of them and were stuffed BOTH TIMES by the worst defense in the WAC. What are the odds?

We bitch when he doesn't go for, but when he goes for it, it COSTS us the game. Oh, how we could have used those two FG's. (40-37).

What's a coach to do?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    This is what he is saying:

How many of us have complained about him not going for 4th down and short this year? Well, we had 2 4th and shorts within FG range and went for BOTH of them and were stuffed BOTH TIMES by the worst defense in the WAC. What are the odds?

We bitch when he doesn't go for, but when he goes for it, it COSTS us the game. Oh, how we could have used those two FG's. (40-37).

What's a coach to do?
    I do not see 1 post on here against JBIII going for those 4th down situations. Its about time he tried.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    WOW what a quote just now from JBIII! Says it all!
    That's basically what his job is!!!! If everything just went peachy all the time and we just won, (without getting frustrated, of course) then he has no function!!!!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    He is a complete idiot of a coach, I'm not bashing his personality, but his coaching skills are horrible.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    Can you imagine your boss walking into your office and you saying, "I do not know what the problem is." You will not do it much and have a job.

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    He is a complete idiot of a coach, I'm not bashing his personality, but his coaching skills are horrible.
    Gentlemen. This is a GAME! Those who cast stones and want change should get out their pocketbooks and divy up a half million or better "A YEAR."

Until then, I support him and I support his players.

Reality of the WAC thing and the schedule might be setting in, guys.

This is NOT a great football team or program ... it's AVERAGE.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    We're not playing "average". We're playing BAD. Our last two games have been lost to winless teams - that's not what an average team does!

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    Don't look now, but it ain't the offense that'providing the losses. It's a lACK of depth on the DEFENSIVE side that's giving up 32 points per game.

The Rice game last year, especially, should have opened some eyes.

If nobody saw this coming, they are blind.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar
    HounDoggy1,

Your loyalty is admirable and a positive spin is a good thing every now and then. But, we have serious problems. There are teams with big budgets that stink it up every year.

And, most importantly, we should have beaten two poor WAC teams (Rice and SMU) regardless of the size of our athletic budget. This isn't about overacheiving, it's about underacheiving. I know that armchair QBing is easier than being on the sidelines, but we need to evaluate where we are right now.

I have never seen a JB3 coached team make ANY halftime adjustments, with the exception of the year that Tim Rattay was our OC. And, make no mistake about it, Tim was the OC that year. Smith seems to make adjustments on D, but we lack the depth to match up with bigger programs and the play on offense constantly puts the D on a short field.

Aside from the halftime adjustments, here are just a few other problems that I DON'T see our coaches attempting to resolve.

1. We have 4 tight ends sitting on the bench. TEs are supposed to make a living as blockers and possession receivers over the middle. If our WRs are too scared to catch the ball over the middle, why not put in a two TE set and get a first down? If the guy on the field won't get it done, bench him and put in somebody who will.

2. Luke is struggling, and they do nothing about it. Not everybody plays QB the same way, so the coach has to find the best way for that QB to play the position. That's why Spurrier always had an effective offense, partly because of his offensive mind, and partly because he was able to exploit the talents of each QB in his system, regardless of how different those talents might be from year to year. Crowton did this with the switch from Martin to Rattay, but the current staff doesn't have the collective brain power to do it with a guy who was ranked number 4 in the nation coming out of HS.

3. Poor fundementals. We don't throw well, we don't catch well, etc, etc.... These guys have been playing the game their entire lives, but poor fundementals is always a reflection on current coaching. For example, look at the quality of our tackling last year as compared to this year.

4. Not only do the receivers not catch the ball, they run poor routes. Most of us saw the INT at Penn State where Mayer (#23) read the play and stepped in front of the ball. In every sport I have ever played that involved man-to-man coverage (football, basketball, etc), the coaches always say, "Don't get so close to each other that a defender can guard two people at one time." Mayer was within arm's length of two WRs and about 5 yds from a third. Maybe losing Monken was a bigger loss than we originally thought.

I could go on with this list, but it would be pointless. If a dummy like me can see this, then opposing coaches who get paid to break down film can see much more. And, I haven't even mentioned play-calling yet.

+ Reply to Thread