+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Historically obvious

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    To start lets allow the numbers to speak for themselves.

Bicknells' head coaching record - 20-22-0

Granted Bicknell did win the WAC last year and was voted coach of the year - how that happened is still something a mystery especially as we see this team in its current state.

BCS record 2-14

Upset wins (1) 1999 versus Bama 29-28
    I'm not counting the OK. St. win since Tech was actually favored by 1 point.

Upset loses (5) 2000 versus Stephen F Austin 31-34 (home)/ Tulsa 10-22 (away)(?) / Cent. Florida 16-20 (home). 2002 versus Rice 20-37 / SMU 34-37.

Average point margins versus BCS teams - Tech 17 / Opp 41

Average point margin versus others (1-AA included) - Tech 37 / Opp 27.

The point here being is to confirm what the majority of us have been saying for far too long.

Tech must get away from repeatedly scheduling the best of the BCS under their terms.

Tech has got to invest in a coaching staff that can do the work to win and must be held accountable when they fail.

The Tech staff has got to recruit players with !-A size, attitude & skills and they must get the best and beyond from these players.

The Tech fan (you and Me) must support this team through thick and thin. Does "support" mean to sit back take our beatings and like it - No! What it does mean is for us to demand positive action at every turn.

Right now we suck, we have no direction, no leadership, too few head over heels play makers and I don't think our team likes itself.

Yes, there are some major things to be done in order for this team and program to move forward both for the remainder of this season and more importantly for the years to come.

I can't correct any of the things wrong with this team but I can be in my seat next Saturday. I'm going to do my part as a Tech faithful and I strongly encourage you to do the same. I'm going to cheer and yell although for what and at whom I can't say just now.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar
    Amen!!!!!!! :lol:

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    The Tech fan (you and Me) must support this team through thick and thin. Does "support" mean to sit back take our beatings and like it - No! What it does mean is for us to demand positive action at every turn.

Right now we suck, we have no direction, no leadership, too few head over heels play makers and I don't think our team likes itself.

That is the best thing I have heard today!!! Unfortunately, there are many who will not want to hurt any bodys feelings and will keep their head burried (very deep) in the sand.

Reddawg

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    we beat tulsa and ok st. at home this year, and last year we won all 4 home conference games. this year, on the road, we have lost all 5 games we have played, last year, we lost 5 times on the road against bcs teams, but we were 3-1 in hte wac. we lost to fresno on the road, beat utep and tulsa, the two worst teams in the wac last year, and nevada, barely.

in 2000, we beat ull, ulm, and mississippi valley st. enough said.

in 99, we beat alabama and a bunch of sorry teams. we also had tim rattay and a lot of seniors.

we havent done much under bicknell and its time to make a change.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    It's unfair to compare this team to the 2000 team.

In 2000 we had only 13 seniors, but S. Cangelosi & 3 other seniors were hurt most of the season. Having ~9 seniors in 2000, a defensive line which averaged 6-2 250, and having just graduated 29 seniors (one of which was NCAA Div. 1A's #2 all-time career passer- Tim Rattay), we had NO CHANCE for success in 2000. To me the futility of that season was very predictable & easily understandable.

By contrast, our 2002 roster has 20 seniors (2nd most in the WAC) of which about 3 are currently hurt. We recruited a record number of JuCos, have several huge defensive linemen, have taken off the redshirts of freshmen & JuCos (Love, Davis, Moats,...) and have 17 starters returning from last season's WAC Championship roster.

It wasn't realistic to EXPECT us to beat any of our BCS competition this year, save maybe OK State. However, NOBODY expected us to lose to two WAC teams with a combined 0-11 record when we played them.

We had two full weeks to prepare for hapless SMU and even got to watch them on FOX vs. Fresno State last weekend. We didn't change a single thing in our game plan- nothing. I'm sure our defense was absolutely exhausted- Time of possession: SMU 42 minutes - LA Tech 18.

Thank God their freshman QB Bartel didn't throw the ball to his TE standing all alone on the 50 yard line with every LA Tech defender (including our safeties) 20 yards IN FRONT of him! He was as wide open as Rice fullback Clint Hatfield when he caught that long TD pass at Reliant Stadium.

In short:
    * we "have no answers",
    * "football is 'just a game'",
    * "we're all really frustrated", and
    * "this is the same offense as last year's".
    ________
    perfect tits Webcams
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    [/quote]

Bicknell said in his press conference that he fell asleep watching the SMU/Fresno game ! Go figure that one.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    Evidently he spent the entirety of last week asleep as well. Chances are he will get lots of sleep time this next recruiting season - happy Hybernation!

+ Reply to Thread