+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ralph Davis

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Has Ralph Davis played any since he lost his redshirt in the Tulsa game? We should have run the ball at least 40 times against Rice and SMU, but Joe Smith only had 13 carrys against SMU for 135 yards.

Puppy Bigbopp is an unknown Bigbopp's Avatar
    i agree with don. we completely abandoned a good running game in the third quarter. somebody on the genius Tech coaching staff owes ralph davis and his family a huge apology for screwing over an entire year of eligibility for him.

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbopp
    i agree with don. we completely abandoned a good running game in the third quarter. somebody on the genius Tech coaching staff owes ralph davis and his family a huge apology for screwing over an entire year of eligibility for him.
    Right on bigbopp. What a coaching blunder by not redshirting Davis this year. I think that Ralph should be getting at least 15-20 touches a game for the rest of the season. And Joe should be getting no less that 25. Forget running to set up the pass, if we run the way Joe has been running, we will set up the win.
    ________
    Harley-Davidson FXSTD
    Last edited by ST5; 01-20-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    According to JB on the growl a few weeks ago here is what happenned. At halftime of the Tulsa game they asked Ralph if he wanted to play some knowing that he would lose his RS year. Of course he says he wants to play so he does and he hasn't touched the field since. IMO it shouldn't be up to the players if they RS or not. Moats already wasn't going to RS and we could have given the ball to him some which we did very little of also.

Last week my question to JB was why aren't we seeing more of Ralph Davis and his response was basically it is a matter of we are letting the best players play so he is stuck behind Joe and Ryan? Talk about a lethal attack put Davis and Smith in the backfield and the D doesn't know what to do except stack the line. I guess we aren't creative enough to do this.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    GOODAWG,
    Two years ago at the Growl I asked why Curtis Randall wasn't playing LB instead of DE since he had the speed to play LB and was actually too small for DE. Bicknell's reply was someting to the effect that Randall wasn't smart enough to play LB, maybe not in those exact words. Last year he made 2nd team all-WAC at OLB. If it's so easy for fans like us to see these things, why can't Bicknell see them? If Joe Smith averages 10 yds/carry why are we not running more. There was an article in the Ruston DL about Bicknell sticking with Luke even when Luke is having a bad day. Bicknell said he sticks with Luke because he prepares himself well for the game. Does Causey not also prepare himself for the game? We might have been better off in the long run if we had gone 4-7 last year instead of 7-4. At least Bicknell would not have gotten a new contract.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Kind of wondering the same thing myself about last year while talking to my wife. She asked me was he a bad coach last year?

+ Reply to Thread