View Poll Results: Should We Remove The "Luke For Heisman" Campaign On Our Website?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

42 91.30%
  • no

4 8.70%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should We remove the "Luke for Heisman" campaign o

Puppy FOOTBALLDOGG is an unknown
    I think so

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute
    i voted to keep it up. The whole "take it down" movement was started by frustrated fans over what this team has failed to produce the last month or so.

Luke was throwing some fine passes yesterday in Dallas, but few were being caught. His job is to get the ball where it needs to go...it's the receiver's job to catch it, hang on to it, and turn it into a play.

Luke's had a couple of bad games. Rattay had some bad games. Heck, I'm pretty sure Bradshaw had some bad games.

With MJL out for another couple of weeks, I believe Luke Patrick McCown may be the ONLY leadership this team has right now. We need to rally around him and support him.

I think it's safe to say we need all the help we can get.

Puppy hamellontrial is on the way down
    Chuck (Mrs. McCown) your bias is not appericated on this board.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    FBDAWG... I just visited www.latechsports.com

I did not see any links to the "McCown for Heisman" website.

So, what is your point?

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Could all of this heisman talk causes McCown to press and hurt his performance this year? Maybe he can relax and have fun now. I just wish the recievers still had COach Munkin so they would at least complete a route, come back to the QB if in trouble, go after a bad pass if intercepted.

Has Vasizly been fired yet?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3
    i voted to keep it up. The whole "take it down" movement was started by frustrated fans over what this team has failed to produce the last month or so.

Luke was throwing some fine passes yesterday in Dallas, but few were being caught. His job is to get the ball where it needs to go...it's the receiver's job to catch it, hang on to it, and turn it into a play.

Luke's had a couple of bad games. Rattay had some bad games. Heck, I'm pretty sure Bradshaw had some bad games.

With MJL out for another couple of weeks, I believe Luke Patrick McCown may be the ONLY leadership this team has right now. We need to rally around him and support him.

I think it's safe to say we need all the help we can get.
    Were you even at the game and did we even watch the same game. Luke's accuracy sucked and nine out of ten balls that left his hand came out sideways or end over end. Thank god we have joe smith on our team or who knows what would have happened, He threw a couple of good balls at the end of the game and I mean 1 or 2. He horribly over threw receivers all day, threw a pass in the second quarter that was so far behind the receiver, that he put both hands on his hips and shook his head all the way to the sideline.

As far as leadership, I hardly remember any time he came off the field in the 1st half and encouraged any football player, instead he went and stood by himself behind all the coaches.

Is all of our problems because of Luke, Hell no but he should be the leader out their on offense not MJL.

And our defensive problems stem from more than MJL injury, for pete's sake SMU had one of the worst offenses in the country and we made their offense look like superstars.

Puppy FOOTBALLDOGG is an unknown
    EJ, if you click on the drop box "Tech Related Sites" on the top left of the screen on the message board it has a "McCown 4 Heisman" that you can click on. So, I guess that would be my point that we need to take it off the message board. He is not even close to being a Heisman candidate yet...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Chuck was at the game Saturday...

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Chuck was at the game Saturday...
    And was yelling, cheering and desperately trying to get something going long after the rest of our fans (myself included) as well as the team had QUIT!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute
    Chuck (Mrs. McCown) your bias is not appericated on this board.
    As I believe many longtime posters who know what I look like will confirm...you really disrespected Mrs. McCown (big-time) with that remark. She is MUCH better looking than the Chuck-ster. :biggrin:

For the record, though, Luke and I ARE related...we are brothers in the same Spirit.

- Galatians 3:26-29

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    ChuckK3: I, for one, appreciate the enthusiam you had at the SMU game. I just about wore the clacker out on my bell as well. And, you are exactly right - Mrs. McCown looks a lot better than you! One thing I paid particular attention to at this game was the number of times the offensive coaches had any words of wisdom for the offense after they came off the field. The OL had a few sit-downs with a coach a couple of times in the final few minutes of the game, but not once did I see any offensive coach sit the receivers, QB, or anybody else down on the bench for a little strategy session, or encouragement, or coaching, or anything else. What do these guys do during the game? Those of us in the stands can do all the 'watching' that needs to be done. The coaching staff should be 'coaching'! Where were they during the game?

Just my $0.02, but watch at the Nevada game. See how many times the offensive team sits together to get a little bit of advice and coaching from the staff. I hope it improves. I also think that the guys in the booth should be on the phones to Luke after each and every series of downs to let him know what things are going on on the field that he may not be aware of. Who is open on what plays, what corner backs are playing off the receivers, who is getting double coverage, etc. Luke might see all of this every play, but I doubt it, and it never hurts to tell him anyway. Come on offensive staff - do something!

TD
    ~~

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg
    ChuckK3: I, for one, appreciate the enthusiam you had at the SMU game. I just about wore the clacker out on my bell as well. And, you are exactly right - Mrs. McCown looks a lot better than you! One thing I paid particular attention to at this game was the number of times the offensive coaches had any words of wisdom for the offense after they came off the field. The OL had a vew sit-downs with a coach a couple of times in the final few minutes of the game, but not once did I see any offensive coach sit the receivers, QB, or anybody else down on the bench for a little strategy session, or encouragement, or coaching, or anything else. What do these guys do during the game? Those of us in the stands can do all the 'watching' that needs to be done. The coaching staff should be 'coaching'! Where they during the game?

Just my $0.02, but watch at the Nevada game. See how many times the offensive team sits together to get a little bit of advice and coaching from the staff. I hope it improves. I also think that the guys in the booth should be on the phones to Luke after each and every series of downs to let him know what things are going on on the field that he may not be aware of. Who is open on what plays, what corner backs are playing off the receivers, who is getting double coverage, etc. Luke might see all of this every play, but I doubt it, and it never hurts to tell him anyway. Come on offensive staff - do something!

TD
    ~~

Someone pointed this out after the Rice game. After one 3 and out series, I noticed Luke came to the bench, got a drink of water, adn the nwent and stood by MJL. That's it.

I think our offensive coordinator needs to get out of the sky box and stay on the sidelines. He needs to work that chalkboard over after each and every series.

Thanks Techsasdawg, Austindawg and DFM...

It's always great to see you guys at the games.

I was wearing Tech stuff before I could walk (and Papadawg's got the old black & white pics to prove it)...so as far as the enthusiasm goes, honestly, it's all I've ever known.

38 years as a Dawg and counting.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Bossdawg---I wonder If you were at the game. It's very hard to throw a good pass when you are running for your life. The offensive line were blocking about 1/2 of the defensive line---the rest were coming full tilt at Luke. If and when the front line blocked and gave him time to find a reciever the reciever looked like he was married to the defensive back or linebacker. NO trying to get seperation. I think he was trying to get ideas from MJL on how to get the team motivated. I too, watched him come over to MJ and I saw MJ talking to him and patting him on the back and giving encoragement to a very upset Luke. Did he throw any bad passes---Yes he did. I also saw him beating himself up when did. That one screen play when he overthrew Joe really upset him--he knew that he had missed a good opportunity because Joe was open for a good run. To his credit he was back- pedeling to stay away from the rush even then. It was a play that he should have made and he knew it. Still he made a LOT more good plays than bad When you consider how poor the OL did Sat.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    Papa, good observations for the most part. The offensive line did fail the team Saturday. What gets in my craw is they don't seem to know how to open up a hole for a running back. Everything Joe got was of his own doing. It really hacked me off that it seemed that on every running play they blocked straight ahead and nothing else. Probably too simplistic, but that was my impression.

I never will claim to be an offensive lineman or an OL coach, but wouldn't you figure to see some pulling guards or cross blocking on some of these plays? Also, JOE NEEDS A FULLBACK!

I watched Luke also when he went to the sidelines, and noticed that he often gravitated over to MJL. I really feel that Luke is trying, and maybe too hard. After all, SMU is where is brother QB'd for a while, and I am sure he was pressing. He needs to settle back and HAVE FUN! I have a feeling that's what you will see this Saturday. Back home, away from the pressure cookers and basically out of the WAC race.

We all have been way too hard on Luke, IMO. He DOES have the talent, but he has been put in a fish bowl for all to see. Think about it.... a 20 year old kid (some would say young man, but he still is a kid) that all of a sudden is given the responsibility to defend a 1-A football conference championship, try to live up to a Heisman billing, and lead a team that seems to have no fire in the belly.

Tell me, how would all of US react under such pressure? Remember once again, this is still a kid, IMO. Michael J. Lenard may be the calming presence that he seeks on the sidelines, because the damn head coach is too busy figuring out what the hell excuses he is going to give on the post game interview!!

I am not ready to give up on these kids. I am ready to see some grown men that call themselves coaches to BE THE LEADERS THEY ARE PAID TO BE!!

+ Reply to Thread