+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Notice no one is talking about attendance....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    ...and other such matters. I've always said the numbers on the scoreboard are what matter, and it becomes obvious at times like this. South Carolina lost 21 games in a row and still averaged 80K, yet I couldn't stomach such a losing steak, even with those attendance numbers. Ah, only 17 more to go to match SC's streak, eegad!

Speaking of attendance....oh, never mind, we have enough problems.

Varsity Bulldog Screenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeScreenname Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    and then SC hired a stud coach...

we should talk to the big benefactors into bringing in a big name coach

Puppy hamellontrial is on the way down
    how are you going to talk about attendence......There was sorry attendence last year and the boys won the conference. How do you think it feels when you worked all summer in the worst climate in america only to walk into you own stadium and see 22,000 people in the stands. Wait, i don't mean 22,000, sure thats the actual number but it sounds more like 2,200. This town and university doesn't want a sucessful program. They like it more when they get to get on this board and complain about their stupid yankee coach and his heartless players.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamellontrial
    how are you going to talk about attendence......There was sorry attendence last year and the boys won the conference. How do you think it feels when you worked all summer in the worst climate in america only to walk into you own stadium and see 22,000 people in the stands. Wait, i don't mean 22,000, sure thats the actual number but it sounds more like 2,200. This town and university doesn't want a sucessful program. They like it more when they get to get on this board and complain about their stupid yankee coach and his heartless players.
    Now I bet the Tech/Fresno St. game on ESPN is still looking like a blockbuster huh. By that time we may be fighting for the WAC cellar for the year. But you are right, the majority of the rustonites like the small town atmosphere, and they are the majority athletic supporters that tech has.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    I was going to say something about it.

Fact is that to build fan support we will have to put a string of several good years back together. One good year and one bad year will not do it.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg
    Fact is that to build fan support we will have to put a string of several good years back together. One good year and one bad year will not do it.
    Nor will losing three straight games (two to winless teams) in a state (Texas) that has the highest number of alumni outside of Louisiana.

Especially as defending conference champs...

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Notice that the attendence for the SMU game was a reported 14,800 and some change. SMU might be in trouble as well if they don't turn things around.

TDF

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    SMU was 0-7. If Tech were 0-7, I think we would be putting up numbers similar to ULM. SMU has been struggling for years and they still get close to the 15k required week in and week out.

SMU will be fine.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamellontrial
    Thanks for helping make my point.

Oh boo hoo for the players for working out during the summer then there being less than 20K to watch the heartless kids play. Is that the reason they play, to get the applause of a crowd? Is it? Is that the reason?

They should be able to play, HARD!!!! in front of NO ONE! Get it!?

If your ridiculous post is even half true, then I can't measue how low our program has sunk. I can't relate to that.

I don't want to sound mean (or like a lunatic) but I would knock the crap out of you in a pick-up game, and wouldn't think twice about it either. Nothing personal, I'm just competitive by nature. It's all I know.

So, sorry, if the Tech players are looking for anything beyond just playing the game as hard as possible, and refusing to lose "just because" ..... they are on a different planet than me.

+ Reply to Thread