+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I saw in Dallas...........

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough
    1 A QB that throws hi.
    2 A TECH team that got out coached and out played.
    3 An O line that can not block.
    4 DB's that can't cover.
    5 WRs that can't catch.
    6 NO adjustments at halftime?

I honestly feel that ME and 5 of my frat brothers can out coach the crew we have at TECH this year. Never have I seen a head coach get licked like this. We have sucked all year. Nobody on this team respects JACK B 111. And I mean NOBODY. Our offense does not even sit together while the D is on the field.

I have been the biggest JB3 supporter of them all. And I am going to be a man and say I WAS WRONG. He is clueless. He is not kidding when he says he does not know what is wrong.

Questions?

1 Why don't we run the ball more?
    2 Why don't we give JOE a full back?
    3 Why is that FBs name not RALPH DAVIS?
    4 Why did we sign a 5 foot 5 in WR?
    5 Why can't we press the worst pass team in the country?
    6 Why is LUKE still starting? (JB111 you are backing the wrong pony)
    7 Why is Street not playing DT and Van Hoy DE?
    8 WHY OH WHY Don't we pull a WR if he misses 5 passes in 2 quarters?
    9 Why does nobody on this team have HEART? NOBODY?
    10Why can't this team play a full game?
    11Why don't we huddle up?
    12Why............................................. ?????????????????????

I have made every game this year(minus PSU) and have seen the same thing over and over. I AM SO FRUSTRADTED?

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    Excellent post ... great points! I agree with you on every last one of them!

kirk

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    "9 Why does nobody on this team have HEART? NOBODY?"

I agree with you on all but #9. You may believe that McCown shouldn't start anymore, but you can't honestly say that this young man does not have heart. Have you watched him on the sidelines? He doesn't sit down. He cheers on the defense. At the Rice game, when our D held them from 1st and goal from the one to 3rd and goal from the one, Rice called a time-out and Luke met the defense on the goal line and was jumping up and down and patting them on the backs. What was the rest of our offense doing? They were over on the bench with their heads down. Luke has heart. This isn't an argument about performance, I am just trying to call it how I see it and in this case I see something different that what you are saying.

ST5
    ________
    Honda NSR50R
    Last edited by ST5; 01-20-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by ST5
    "9 Why does nobody on this team have HEART? NOBODY?"

I agree with you on all but #9. You may believe that McCown shouldn't start anymore, but you can't honestly say that this young man does not have heart. Have you watched him on the sidelines? He doesn't sit down. He cheers on the defense. At the Rice game, when our D held them from 1st and goal from the one to 3rd and goal from the one, Rice called a time-out and Luke met the defense on the goal line and was jumping up and down and patting them on the backs. What was the rest of our offense doing? They were over on the bench with their heads down. Luke has heart. This isn't an argument about performance, I am just trying to call it how I see it and in this case I see something different that what you are saying.

ST5
    Luke McCown may be the best athlete on our team. Just look at the physical test results. Pulling him now would be absurd. He is the man that can win against Mcihigan State and LSU. No one else on the roster can do that. It's time to open up the offense amd play like we've got nothing to lose just like RIce and SMU the past two games.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I saw alot of damn heart in the 4th quarter on Saturday. What I want to know is where was that for the first 3 quarters? HMMMM????

Puppy Dawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the roughDawgballs is a jewel in the rough
    I am right there with you 72. I think along with several hundred other supporters that a change is due. We make absolutely no adjustments at halftime. We need someone to step up and make some changes. Look down the road east 30 miles. Steve Ensminger.

Puppy hamellontrial is on the way down
    Cool Hand
    Why don't you take a look at Rattay's test results. Its all about knowledge and toughness and so far Luke hasn't shown me either one. One more thing if he is such a great athlete then why doesn't he run the ball? Again it goes back to toughness, it just isn't here. Imagine what would happen when the defense is dropping eight and Luke took off with it. I'll tell you, eight yards a carry, thats what would happen.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamellontrial
    Cool Hand
    Why don't you take a look at Rattay's test results. Its all about knowledge and toughness and so far Luke hasn't shown me either one. One more thing if he is such a great athlete then why doesn't he run the ball? Again it goes back to toughness, it just isn't here. Imagine what would happen when the defense is dropping eight and Luke took off with it. I'll tell you, eight yards a carry, thats what would happen.
    You ASS...were you at the A&M game...were you at the Rice game...have you seen any game? He had a 54 yard run at A&M! He ran for a TD at Rice and dove over the defenders to get it...he scarificed his body...get it! He's run in every game I've seen this year usually because the receivers were lollygagging around on their routes!

It is new-posting dip$hit$ like you that make boards like this a place of shame...get your facts straight before you spout off again!

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar
    Right on, Dan!!! Don't you wish us oldtimers knew as much as these newbies? If this guy knew as much as he thinks he does, he would be a world class knowledge base!

TD
    ~~

Cartek

Ouch that hurts, lets try to keep our personal attacks directed at the Bickster and his oblivious boys. Anyway, yes I have seen everygame this year, and yes he has run in all of them in fact he has 42 carrries on the year for 28 yards. I take into consideration the sacks. But really, it seems to me in today's college game a dual threat QB is what wins games. Now I know what you are thinking, What about Ken Dorsey? This once again brings up my point about the knowledge. Dorsey is by no means the best QB as fair as armstrength, size or speed. But I know for a fact that he speands more time studying films than any QB in the Nation. You need to have both knowledge and ability to suceede at QB.

As for at A&M that was a great run but why don't you go over to the field out as ask your buddy conroy to see the tape. Im sure you will see plenty of times Luke could have pulled it down.

As for Rice once again great run, but again check the film. There is no doubt that Luke has shown signs of the abilty to run the ball. So why doesn't he do it more often. I hate to say it but i question his toughness. The Herm kid had it and he is the smallest QB in America.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    "......There is no doubt that Luke has shown signs of the abilty to run the ball. So why doesn't he do it more often. I hate to say it but i question his toughness........."

You've shown some pretty stupid tendencies on here so far, but this has to be your crowning moment of stupidity.

Sure, Luke has shown some erratic times recently, but I think it's absurd for anyone to quetion his toughness. Or his running ability!! If you had really seen any of the games close up in a reasonably coherent state you would realize that!!

From what I've seen from very close to the Tech bench, Luke is one of the VERY few players (or coaches, for that matter) to show some real concern after a bad offensive series. I have seen him come over to the WR receiver corps ( lounging on the bench) and try to stir them up to no avail. And to make matters worse, he seems to be the only one interested in talking to them......I don't see much contact from the coaches!!!!

Luke hasn't been outstanding this year, but to put things in perspective, he's been dealt a losing hand from the start! the WR's just don't seem to be putting in the necessary determinatin to do what it takes to catch the ball in traffic!! Lot's of perfectly thrown passes that are dropped. Lot's of catchable passes that just don't get any effort to get to!! and lot's of play calling from the coaches that practically give a dotted line blueprint to the opposing defense!!!

How would you like to be the QB under these conditions????????

In all our anger, let's not forget that Luke has proven more than once he can light up the scoreboard and the statistics against excellent BCS defenses when he has a bit more support around him.

The biggest difference I see in this team and last year's team ( duly noting that there has been a perceptable drop off in WR experience) is that there doesn't seem to be any fire in the belly!!!

Either that or a number of the players spent too much time between seasons reading the predictins about being the WAC favorite after the championship run. and this may have developed a bit of an attitude??????

As one of the players noted after last years's success, there were 5 or 6 critical plays in the season that -- had they not bounced our way -- could have turned 4 wins into 4 losses!!!

We came into theis season saying we needed a better running game. Hey, we got it and then some!!! We're supposed to have a better defense. We proclaimed that we were going back to a 4 -3 defense, although the statictics show that it's not working as well overall as the 3 - 4 in recent years. But look what's happening to our 4 -3 !! The very worst passing teams in the country are lighting up the scoreboard against us. Was the change back to the 4 -3 a wise move?????? You be the judge!!!

It all boils down to leadership both on and off the field!!!! somehow, we've lost it!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I'll tell you what I think. I don't question Luke's ability to run the ball, but I do question his ability to read defensed and change the plays. But, what I think is the real problem is that the players don't want to play for him.

Bill

Is Luke better than Rattay?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    We'll never know what another QB could do because Bicknell will not play anyone else. It reminds me of the same situation at LSU when Booty was there. Bicknell and Luke are going down together.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I'll tell you what I think. I don't question Luke's ability to run the ball, but I do question his ability to read defensed and change the plays. But, what I think is the real problem is that the players don't want to play for him.
    I think it is JBIII et al. that the players don't want to play for...Luke is their outlet.

+ Reply to Thread