+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrimmage, Saturday, October 26 at Noon

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Bulldog Progress Through First Week Of Practice
    Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2002

RUSTON – After one week of practice, the Louisiana Tech men’s basketball team has already seen some progress as the Bulldogs prepare for their season opener against Florida on Nov. 19 on ESPN.

“I think we’ve made a lot of progress in our first week,” said Louisiana Tech head coach Keith Richard. “The kids have been very attentive and have worked hard at everything we’ve thrown at them.”

The Bulldogs return eight lettermen from last season’s 22-10 squad that advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NIT.
    This year, Louisiana Tech opens the season in the Preseason NIT against the Gators, a team that finished the 2001-02 season with a 22-9 record and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.
    With the season opener less than a month away, the Bulldogs have already begun preparing for the game.

“We haven’t put in our whole scouting report on Florida but we do talk about them everyday,” Richard said. “We are preparing a little bit for them everyday. We throw a little something in to get ready to play them.”

One of the biggest questions entering this year for the Bulldogs has been who will fill the leadership role left vacant by departed senior Gerrod Henderson. With six seniors on this season’s version of the Bulldogs, Richard should have plenty of candidates for that leadership role.

Antonio Meeking and Lavelle Felton have led the way from day one,” Richard said. “Everybody else has had some sharp moments but those two have stood out in my mind.”
    Even though the Bulldogs have seen some progress in the first week of workouts, Richard knows that the team still has some work to do before the season begins.

“We scrimmaged after one week of practice with referees to try to evaluate where we were at and we found out that we’ve still got a long way to go,” Richard said. “I think it was good for our players to see that we do have a lot of work to be done but I have seen some improvements and look forward to our scrimmage next Saturday.”

The Bulldogs will hold a scrimmage on Saturday prior to the Louisiana Tech-Nevada football game from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at the Thomas Assembly Center that will be open to the public. Fans are encouraged to attend the scrimmage prior to the 2 p.m. football kickoff.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    That is an awesome ideal. I'll be there and I can't wait to see the DAWGS in action. Might turn out to be a pretty decent crowd if word will get out and spark more interest for Bulldog Basketball.

+ Reply to Thread