+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maybe -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    We are just flat out not very good -

We were basically 13 seconds away from a 4-7 season coming off of a 3-9 season, but we got 3 good bounces of the ball by the Football Gods and we won the Conference title when we were arguably the 3rd best team in the conference at the end of the year...

I have made every game except Penn State - so I have seen enough of the games in person to know that something is drastically wrong -

I personally think the problems run deeper than any of us could ever imagine and are not the results of a 20 year old qb who basically gets no coaching -

It starts at the top, very top of the administration, runs directly to our Athletic Director and rests firmly on the shoulders of JBIII and his assistants -

I still think alot of the problem is the schedule we throw our kids against the first 6 weeks of every season and then expect them to have the confidence heading into conference play...

I'm just glad basketball season starts soon...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    DfM, my frustrated friend, our team is not sorry, but I fear our coaching and preparation are!

I've seen the Dawgs play four times this season, and I've listened to the other two. I know what I've seen, and I've been disappointed. But Saturday, I listen to Dave and Dan...and my disappointment grew. Dan validated my thoughts regarding our receiving corps...they don't work to catch the ball and they don't run their routes very well...heck, the defenders work harder to catch Luke's passes!

I agree that the problem starts with JBIII...he has made himself over at least three times in 4 seasons and it still ain't working! Our teams have been without discipline, and it appears that trend continues. Coach Smith is trying to instill discipline...but I wonder if he is being undercut!

On the offensive side of the ball, some coaching changes must be made. We have good...no great running backs...and we still use the PASS to set up the RUN...that is assbackwards! With the talent we have and the proper play calling, we could win another 4 games with Luke throwing for 250-300ypg and the backs running for 150-200ypg...will it happen...NAH!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute
    I personally think the problems run deeper than any of us could ever imagine and are not the results of a 20 year old qb who basically gets no coaching -

It starts at the top, very top of the administration, runs directly to our Athletic Director and rests firmly on the shoulders of JBIII and his assistants -

I still think alot of the problem is the schedule we throw our kids against the first 6 weeks of every season and then expect them to have the confidence heading into conference play...
    - DFM

Excellent points...and to underscore what you're saying, WHEN was the last time you saw Tech TRULY handle an opponent? I believe it was Hogdawg who said it was prior to 2001's Tulsa game (which was for the WAC championship). A few different bounces of the ball and 13 seconds...I think you nailed it Dwayne.

You, I, and a lot of other fans who love this school want to know what's going on.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    I think I'm going to go with Cartek on this one! Discipline! Discipline! Discipline! By the players AND the coaching staff!!

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    and we still use the PASS to set up the RUN...that is assbackwards!
    I think John Madden said that this is the norm in the NFL now. He also said that he does not expect that to change in the near future. The spread has infected every level of play and using the pass to set up the run is VERY common now. Folks throw a LOT and they use the pass to set up a back breaking run game in the final quarters of the game. It is a good game plan when executed properly.

Our problem is that the spread offense has developed over the past few years and ours did not progress with it. Defenses know how to stop our version of the spread. 13 first downs and 18 minutes time of possession is pathetic. SMU is a halfway decent defensive team and since our offense gave them exactly what they saw on film, they could easily defend us.

The fact that we even made a comeback at the end amazes me. That shows me that there is either some heart out there or SOMEBODY actually DID make an adjustment.

Our coaches need to be looking at game film from schools like Texas Tech, BYU and Oklahoma. They need to see what has changed. They need to get some ideas. Innovation is what got us where we were a few years ago. It will take that to get back where we need to be on offense.

Can you guys believe we are favored against Nevada? How did that happen?

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    It is called a "sucker bet". Never bet on a game where a Nevada team is involved!!! :twisted:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    I still don't know how Joe got those yards -

The OL was horrible against SMU -

You take out 3 runs for Joe and he has negative yardage -

I know we counted atleast 4 times where we ran a draw on 2 and 10 and lost yards every time...

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough
    DFM,
    I saw the same thing. You take away those 2 runs and our OLine did very little to help Joe out. I hope yall are ready for the dinks. That is the only play we can run. A team with HEART plays 4 quarters. This team plays about 1 or 2 a game as a TEAM. Our defense is always giving up the big plays. That is a 10 yard play or more.

We need to fix the big bodies and let the little ones run. Move Van Hoey to DE and let Street take on 2 blockers. Just my thoughts. We need to make it a shorter game and eat clock. We have a great kicker. Good running backs and speed at the WR position. It is time to play field positionball.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Have you watched Street play any? He is a wasted scholarship. Bicknell signed 10 jucos last year thinking he would have a good team and would be able to go back to yankee land after this year. I've only seen 2 good players out of that 10, Norwood and Davis. We should have awarded those other 8 scholarships to players coming out of high school.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    I think you are exactly right. I think that is why he didn't redshirt Ralph Davis, too. He wanted to win NOW, so he could leave NOW. Nothing wrong with that, but it backfired on him.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    I think you are exactly right. I think that is why he didn't redshirt Ralph Davis, too. He wanted to win NOW, so he could leave NOW. Nothing wrong with that, but it backfired on him.
    well, he can still leave NOW! That works for me.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    yeah, lets help him get what he wanted a little early, fire him please.

if he isnt going to redshirt davis and love, and we cant throw the ball, we need to play big ball. play myles, cage, street, and love at dt and let van hoy and spencer young both play de, that will help make up for the loss of carlin thomas, too.

on offense, line up capps and spigener both and both smith and davis and lets run it down nevada and san jose's throats. we only need norwood out there at reciever.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    Why do you 2 think that Street is any good? Just because he is big? He is extremely slow and can't move, if you actually watch our games he gets beat every time that he is in there.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    I personally think the problems run deeper than any of us could ever imagine...

It starts at the top, very top of the administration, ...
    I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement, Dwayne. I think that's one of the reasons I'm not liked by the administration who reads this board is because I was the first one to call it out. The problem lies with Dan Reneau. I honestly don't think he understands what it takes to succeed at this level. It's either that or he doesn't care. Someone posted that the alumni need to step up and give more money. The problem is the alumni who care are already giving the most they can. It's time Dan Reneau steps up and funds this program like it needs to be funded.

This next statement is not intended to be a knock on the band because I think they do great for what they do, but I found it unsettling that Dr. Reneau decided he wanted to increase funding to have a bigger band because of the other bands he saw while travelling to the away games. Hello. I'm sorry but I think the first thing that I would have noticed would have been the better crowd support and quality of team they had before the band. Not to mention the fact that with a better team comes more revenue which would help to increase the money for the band. Does he just not get it? Don't get me wrong, I think the band should be funded better, but it wouldn't be high on my priority spending.

I wonder if Dr. Reneau really does care. He needs to wake up and realize that it's all fine and dandy to have these great admission standards and a good scholastic reputation, but he's crazy if he thinks that the Legislature is going to let him do anything to outshine LSU in any area. It seems to me that he's trying to build a Clemson or some other school with a good scholastic reputation which is all great, but guess what. This is Louisiana. It won't happen. He's not going to create the next best institution in the South. He needs to stick with the things we are really known for-athletes. Promote our athletes then the money will come in when we start winning to do the other things he desires.

+ Reply to Thread