+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New AD

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

New AD

@PeteThamel: Sources: Louisiana Tech is expected to hire Ryan Ivey as the school’s next athletic director. Ivey is in his sixth year at Stephen F. Austin as the athletic director. He also spent three years as the AD at Austin Peay and two-and-a-half years at Texas A&M Commerce.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: New AD

Ivey also spent five years in Louisiana at McNeese State as an associate athletic director.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think alot of folks will be underwhelmed but this may be a better hire than most folks realize...

I want somebody who is more than a glad hander and seat wiper...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Best of luck to him. It's a challenging time to be an AD anywhere.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

This is what kills me. We hire someone from a small nondescript athletic program. Welcome to be corrected, but I can't imagine that there wasn't an Asst AD from a P5 school that didn't want to go on on their own and show what they can do running a program. I wonder if we even looked or did we keep that small mindset of let's hire from a Louisiana university like McNeese, Northwestern, etc or maybe branch out and look at SFA. Geez!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    This is what kills me. We hire someone from a small nondescript athletic program. Welcome to be corrected, but I can't imagine that there wasn't an Asst AD from a P5 school that didn't want to go on on their own and show what they can do running a program.
    We've tried both. Not sure one strategy is better than the other. It's going to be about the person.

I do think that the money has become so different that it might be harder to hire asst. or assc. ADs from big time programs anymore. That pipeline seems to be mostly going the other way (as you can see with our last two ADs).

Puppy TexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    We've tried both. Not sure one strategy is better than the other. It's going to be about the person.

I do think that the money has become so different that it might be harder to hire asst. or assc. ADs from big time programs anymore. That pipeline seems to be mostly going the other way (as you can see with our last two ADs).
    Totally agree, we just don't have the money to hire a young hot shot P5 Assc. AD. We have to hire the up and comer who has something to prove. Double egged sword.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    This is what kills me. We hire someone from a small nondescript athletic program. Welcome to be corrected, but I can't imagine that there wasn't an Asst AD from a P5 school that didn't want to go on on their own and show what they can do running a program. I wonder if we even looked or did we keep that small mindset of let's hire from a Louisiana university like McNeese, Northwestern, etc or maybe branch out and look at SFA. Geez!
    Time will tell, but it sounds like he is more than an empty suit. It appears he did a good job at our feeder school (SFA). https://latechsports.com/news/2024/2...president.aspx

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

thanks for the reply, but referencing your statement "That pipeline seems to be mostly going the other way (as you can see with our last two ADs"........... we know how well that has worked for us!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that there is no formula we have not tried. Make a splash, hire a nobody. Either way, it comes down to the person and their ability to implement things that work and not scrap things that were already working.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Colton Primm announces at 8:36 am he's out of here as the sports development dude.
    Tech announces Ivejy as new AD/VP at 10 am.
    Time to play catch up.

I swear Tech has plenty of very qualified alums to call home to establish long-neglected networks.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

“I commend Dr. Pattillo and his committee on an outstanding hire. Ryan Ivey is a tremendous athletics administrator that has demonstrated success every place he has been. Having worked alongside Ryan for over five years I can attest to his work ethic, leadership and vision for an athletics department and its student athletes. More importantly, he is a wonderful person, husband and father. His knowledge of the Southland Conference and the state of Texas will serve him well. I cannot think of a better fit than Ryan Ivey to build on the incredible legacies of my good friends Steve McCarty and Robert Hill.”
    - Tommy McClelland, VP and Director of Athletics, Rice University
    Well, he's got my endorsement.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

“Knowledge of the Southland Conference”

Clearly Boy Wonder knows something we don’t. It’s either a jab or where we will be.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    “Knowledge of the Southland Conference”

Clearly Boy Wonder knows something we don’t. It’s either a jab or where we will be.
    That quote is from when he was hired at SFA.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just hope he turns out to be a pleasant surprise. I will withhold judgement and give him a chance to strut his stuff. There is so much low-hanging fruit at Tech for any new AD to address. We'll see.

+ Reply to Thread