+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New AD

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: New AD

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That quote is from when he was hired at SFA.
    Okay, now this is downright weird. As I suspected, SFA updated McClelland's position on the page years after the comments were made. McClelland was at Tech when Ivey went to SFA.

The original post was

“I commend Dr. Pattillo and his committee on an outstanding hire. Ryan Ivey is a tremendous athletics administrator that has demonstrated success every place he has been. Having worked alongside Ryan for over five years I can attest to his work ethic, leadership and vision for an athletics department and its student athletes. More importantly, he is a wonderful person, husband and father. His knowledge of the Southland Conference and the state of Texas will serve him well. I cannot think of a better fit than Ryan Ivey to build on the incredible legacies of my good friends Steve McCarty and Robert Hill.”
    - Tommy McClelland, Director of Athletics, Louisiana Tech University

https://web.archive.org/web/20191205201650/https://sfajacks.com/staff-directory/ryan-ivey/297

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think alot of folks will be underwhelmed but this may be a better hire than most folks realize...

I want somebody who is more than a glad hander and seat wiper...
    No more "face men" please. This one ain't. Hopefully he will see the need to fix some of the stuff McClelland "fixed" that didn't need fixing.

IMO, we had a leader on the committee who probably made the decision on the President as well. I have no doubt that he did it because he wants the best for LaTech.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just hope he turns out to be a pleasant surprise. I will withhold judgement and give him a chance to strut his stuff. There is so much low-hanging fruit at Tech for any new AD to address. We'll see.
    90% if the low-hanging fruit is just undoing stuff the last two ADs did.

I mean the guy would be instantly in if he announced tomorrow we are going to redo tailgating to make it easier for fans.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No more "face men" please. This one ain't. Hopefully he will see the need to fix some of the stuff McClelland "fixed" that didn't need fixing.

IMO, we had a leader on the committee who probably made the decision on the President as well. I have no doubt that he did it because he wants the best for LaTech.
    So far Henderson is making a very good effort to be transparent (I'm sure that is a political illusion, but we take what we can get). So while my jury is still out, I'm more optimistic than I was two months ago.

Perhaps this will be the same.

Puppy Tech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around here

He could start out by changing from Pepsi to Coke at the concession stands!!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech80 View Post
    Isn't that an overall university contract? Pepsi product vending/cafeteria/food court etc.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Isn't that an overall university contract? Pepsi product vending/cafeteria/food court etc.
    Yeah. I agree that it would be a good thing, but it's not the AD's call.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Unfortunately.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The President is already two months too late in initating this change. Reneau and Guice's VPs are the ones who encouraged the change to Pepsi. It was one of those overachiever recommendations.
    I've never seen a domiinate sized ad effort at The Joe, the TAC or the LoveShack by the soft drink bid recipient.
    As the veteran Coke guy told Reneau, "You get what you pay for."
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The President is already two months too late in initating this change. Reneau and Guice's VPs are the ones who encouraged the change to Pepsi. It was one of those overachiever recommendations.
    I've never seen a domiinate sized ad effort at The Joe, the TAC or the LoveShack by the soft drink bid recipient.
    As the veteran Coke guy told Reneau, "You get what you pay for."
    Reneau was always good with that.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech80 View Post
    What he can do is unrename the Techsters

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Okay, I know the new guy has nothing to do with it...but! Tech is enjoying a lot of winning lately. Baseball is 8-0 and both hoops' teams are playing very well right now.

I'm gonna say it...got rid of the empty suit AD and bam!!!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

My Momma always told me if you didn't something good to say just don't say anything...Reneau never got it and missed so many opportunities. He did not have a business mind, and he didn't have anyone around that had one because he didn't think he needed one. Guice...I've known for 45 years...like him a lot, but he learned from Reneau.

It's time to run Tech like a business...and Pepsi is bad for business!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    It's time to run Tech like a business...and Pepsi is bad for business!
    So is Aramark

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

So, I just watched the video of the new AD's introductory press conference. Ivey is not the most charismatic rah-rah person I have ever heard speak, but I have seen plenty of good speakers who couldn't successfully get a job done. The ability to make good decisions and develop good one-on-one relationships will determine how good a job he is able to do. So, here we go...

+ Reply to Thread