+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How ugly (based on the football reaction) -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    You are right - unless there is a complete and total breakdown like what is happening in football right now - this team should advance into the Round of 32 -

But if the selection sends a "Vandy" like team to the TAC on the opposite side of the bracket they may not get to the round of 16 -

But Budke does have this on his side and that is huge...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I thought about that when they announced that we were guaranteed a home game in rounds 1 and 2 I said to myself we might be playing a top team in both rounds but at least they would be at home. What if our record is less than stellar? We are still guaranteed to play at home but how will that affect seeding? I guess we could get like a 10 seed (not likely) and still be at home playing tough teams.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    That's right Gooddawg. There will be some higher seeds going to the home court of some lower seeds this year.

I am glad we got the first two rounds, but the way this was done is screwy. If they go to neutral courts, they should just do so, but if they are going to give home court advantage, they should give a reward for higher seeds.

Since they always screw up the seeds, though, it really doesn't matter.

I think this may be a Sweet 16 team. Anything above that and I will be very pleased. Even though we did not do well last year, we certainly had the ability to do much better than we did. We have much more talent this year. I think Budke will surprise many.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I think Budke will surprise many.
    DITTO! GO TECHSTERS>>GO DAWGS!

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    The reason the football coaches have caught so much is the yearly up and down. Most people realize that if we are going to build our football program to a desirable level and start working towards filling the stadium up it requires winning every year. If Tech football were to put a steak of about 4 or 5 years together where they had winning seasons, won 1 or 2 championships and did not loose to winless teams people would be amazed by the progress that Tech would make, Oaks would not have to worry about not getting his bonus. Tech can do this but it is going to require commitment and some sacrifices. I am not sure that two people want to make those.

Same with Budke. After what we had last year no one should be all over him unless we are just terrible. If he wants to stay in good with the fans he better learn to be consistantly good.

+ Reply to Thread