+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saving face for UTEP and Fresno games

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar
    After another disappointing showing next weekend in front of about 13K fans vs. Nevada, what do you think the athletic department will have to do to not make the program look like a joke for:
    1) the UTEP game in Shreveport.
    2) our national tv home debut vs. Fresno

I think the only option is for the athletic department to just open the gates and allow free admission to all.

A $30 ticket into Indy Stadium to watch the WAC cellar dwellers play??? hmmm... That won't draw alot of people. Tech's gonna be on a losing streak, and LSU will probably be on TV again. Students will not pay the $ to go to a home game in Shreveport. In my opinion, the crickets will be the loudest noisemakers for this game.

The Fresno game has all the makings of an ass kicking. Fresno just got drubbed by Boise in front of an ESPN audience. These Bulldogs will be ready to rip someone a new one in front of the whole world. Tech will still be on a downward spiral, and this will not convince the students from our suitcase campus to stay and attend.
    Ruston JV basketball will outdraw us on this night.

At the beginning of the season, these two games were two of our biggest potential games for gaining a larger local fan base... now, all of a sudden, these games have become our #1 way to become the "flash in the pan" of the WAC.

BBB... what can we do to make sure this doesn't happen?

I say cut your losses and let everyone in for a $. Reimburse those who have already bought their tickets. Do whatever you have to. Bring in the bums from under Shreveport's I-20 overpasses... Do something.... or we'll look REALLY bad come these two games.

Does anyone else feel the same way???

TechFreak!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    One thing is for certain, don't count on Tech being on ESPN next year.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    We are already scheduled on ESPN next year against Miami to open the season!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    That is right. I forgot about that one. At least it will be in Indy and they won't be able to show our blue balls.

We will not be seeing any WAC games for Thursday or Friday nights on ESPN.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Yea, but we will probably be part of history. the largest blowout ever on national tv.

No question about it. It will be very frustrating if we continue to play as we have going into the Miami game next season. I will be proud of our guys if they can hang with them for the first 5 minutes. I think we are a team that can play with anyone for the first five minutes and have a chance to win. No question about it, Miami will be a tough game.

Here is my postitive spin for today: At least we won't have trouble scheduling our money games any more. No team should fear losing to us as long as we are going down the path that we currently find ourselves on. Maybe we can get some real teams to come to Ruston.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    I found myself wondering during the game if this was the same team that was still in the game at halftime at the Penn ST., Clemson, and A&M games?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I was thinking back to how bad we stunk in 2000 earlier and thinking about or fearing Miami and lsu for next year and remembered somehow we played Miami 38-28 at home and played Auburn decent and we were no better then than we are now. Most of the same players just different coaches. IT was a little consolation that we may not be embarrassed.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I was thinking back to how bad we stunk in 2000 earlier and thinking about or fearing Miami and lsu for next year and remembered somehow we played Miami 38-28 at home and played Auburn decent and we were no better then than we are now. Most of the same players just different coaches. IT was a little consolation that we may not be embarrassed.
    Do you think they only TRY against the big boys - and the o-fers are just games they go through the motions on? And, I'm guessing that's coaching - you gotta motivate the guys to play for you no matter who we're playing. It sort of looks like somebody didn't even care about staying close for the last two weeks.

Puppy Navalbronco is an unknown
    Hopefully your team will be "up" for the game since its on ESPN, and you may get a larger crowd since alot of students in particular love a chance at seeing themselves on tv. I know that helped us ALOT in attendance last Friday.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navalbronco
    Hopefully your team will be "up" for the game since its on ESPN, and you may get a larger crowd since alot of students in particular love a chance at seeing themselves on tv. I know that helped us ALOT in attendance last Friday.
    For our sake, I hope the same works for us too!
    TF!

+ Reply to Thread