+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I would like to

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    ask all of you that are badmouthing our players about their character to show up on Fan Day and talk to some of the players next year. From some of your posts, I think you will really be surprised. I take at least 2 days of vacation every August so that I can attend some practices and attend Fan Day. I have never talked to any players with an attitude and have found all of them to be very polite. There was another posts on here about Troy Edwards attitude and about how some of our players had his"problem". I have had several conversations with Troy Edwards. You give me 22 players with Troy Edwards attitude and I will win a national championship. I bet I can count the # of passes I saw Troy drop in his entire career on my right hand. I will never forget that incredible performance at Nebraska. Except for recruiting too many jucos this past year, I think Bicknell has done a good job of recruiting. It is his inability to make changes that is killing us. Losing does cause an attitude problem. When you get used to losing, you have got a problem and that is where we are headed.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough
    Don I am the biggest TE fan around, however if you really think T did not drop alot of passes you need to get your glasses checked. He dropes 5 or 6 at NEB alone.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks for the laugh. He only caught 21 that day at Nebraska.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    "Troy probably has the worst attitude of any athlete that stepped foot on the TECH campus - and his actions towards TECH after his departure speaks volumes of how he feels about TECH..."

And that is not a direct quote, but a pretty close statement from a 7 time Pro-Bowler and only one of TWO TECH players to ever have their jerseies retired...

Like it or not, Troy was fabulous on the field, but one of the worst off of it -

And I know more than on several occassions he turned around and told numerous TECH fans to "Shut the F*($ UP!" while he was warming up for home games....

And there are posters on this board who will back this up...

Dwayne,
    I have never seen any of this "attitude" you are talking about. I have talked to Troy before and watched him warming up. Where did Roaf get his information. They never played together. I never saw him get a penalty for trash talking on the field.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Will got his attitude from Troy's refusal to participate in any of the WAC Celebrations and golf tournies - while Troy was in Shreveport on the same weekends - and this is over a number of years, not just a single year...

There are posters on the board who have heard and seen the abuse he dished out to TECH fan's while warming up...

Troy just has a bad (or had) attitude and has paid the price for it...

Like I said, I've never seen that "attitude" and I won't believe it until I've seen it.

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar
    Edwards did have a few runins with the coaches. I seem to recall one where he told a defensive coach to F*** off or something. Anyway, his attitude on the field was spectacular. He loved talking smack, and he played better the more he talked, so I kind of see what Don is saying. But Troy dropped alot of passes while he was playing at Tech. He dropped 2 deep posts that would have been scores in the game in Little Rock against Arkansas, and even one of those would have won the game for us. Even in the 21 catch 405 yard game in Lincoln, I watched him drop several. I had someone tape the game for me since I was there, and watch it often when I need to feel good about Tech football, and he dropped 2 in that game that were TD's. But he did give 110%, he just couldn't concentrate quite hard enough to do everything right every play. Plus he was probably pretty tired.

+ Reply to Thread